Fight practice Feb 21st

squeegee

Scholar
Southern Minnesota will be holding its first fight practice! That's right get out the swords, spears and blunts. Come to the fight and get that rust off of your combat skills. Practice with the crew from SMN, possibly the most important thing? Hit Dave with a bunch of plumbing supplies! Come on down!

This will be held on Saturday Fed 21 at 10am. At Como park in St. Paul. We will be holding the practice towards the northern end of the park, across from the soccer field parking, near the large chimney structure.

Remember that if you come to a fight practice in SMN you get 5 gobbies and if you bring a friend new to the game you get 20 more.

The Address for our Como Park location is - 1210 Como Ave, Saint Paul, MN, United States

If you use Google street view look south to see the parking area, and north to see the practice area (although the large flat area at the top doesn't show)

We look forward to seeing everyone there.

-Chris H (SMN staff guy)

I am pretty excited about this. Will there be extra loaner equipment for newer people I might bring with? Do you guys dress in costume or just come out and fight?

Fight practices are uncostumed, and I typically bring a load of weapons from monster camp for those in need of a 'loaner' weapons. Typically we have reps to create just about any set of weapons a couple times other (altough if 4 people want to practice shields at once, sharing may be involved :D )

This time out we'll have at least two marschalls in attendance for any questions (campaign specific or general) as well as having a couple of the current rulebooks on hand. Fight practices are scheduled to be three hours, but have occasionally been extended if people want to cover alot of styles/questions or if we have a large turnout. (Gobbies are of awarded for attendance, but you by no means have to stay the entire time)

Good to hear about the weapons.
Will there be any rulebooks to buy?

Also I think that local Amtgard group practices near to that exact location at 1 pm on Saturday. Just a heads up if you did not know. For those that do not know the two have drastically different weapons so there is no cross over in weapons.

Hrm didn't know Amtgard folks would be in the area, but I think we should be fine. We won't have rulebooks for sale as the new one is likely (no promises) to come out in March, and I don't want to sell a book that will be outdated shortly.

Yep, their still around... Though, sorta old hat for us! :)

Thanks to everyone that came out to play in the snow, It was good to see a solid dozen folks out to practice!

Yeah, a little bit of snow never stopped us Minnesotans!

It was a great work out, I am still sore (although to be fair I was wearing chainmail for the first time in over a year) :D.

I am looking forward to the next one!

-Ryan

It was *GREAT* seeing that many people out for the practice! And I, like Ryan have a few sore muscles to show for it . (Mainly my silly left knee which decided it was about time to unceremoniously dump me in the snow for me giving it a work it didn't want!) :)

Back