I started Qori based on something Tammy said "I've always wanted to see someone play a character like Starbuck from BSG"... so, Q was born. She was the best, a hot shot rider who knew she could do anything, and was broken from the inside out. She was likable and often the comic relief, she had a ton of flaws but not really anything anyone cared to address because she was just ... her.
She made some friends, and, like it happens for "short lived" races, she started to evolve. These last few events as her started her down the path of responsibility and protection, from the hot shot to the leader who had to make choices that might change everything. She surprised me often (I know that's weird to say), with her decisions and her reactions to things, it was a really bizarre effect after playing a character who took too much to evolve (damn elves) and she really had a life of her own.
But, I'm sure you're all saying "enough about you! What did you love about the game?" so I'll move on
- Thank you for giving me a place to play that was comfortable but also the right level of uncomfortable. I played a pretty less than serious character (I mean my history was kind of the start of bad erotica) and you gave me a space to make her something else.
- The stormbros - I lost some of you guys, but damn was it fun. I loved having a chance to be a dumbass with some of my old friends (and new ones).
- Roark finding his ending for real - the ******* Kraken and his getting to have the perfect ending for his character was an AWESOME sight to behold - I didn't expect Q to cry like that, but I guess she was not as OK because she'd never get to laugh at his falling off a horse in front of her parents.
- Getting to play with Dustin, Tammy, Kyle, Eric, Mitzie (for the first time ever), Paul, Will and Loofa as NOT old jaded characters was honestly really life-affirming and made this experience as epic as it was.
- I fought griffins, rode a howlbear, cast sky necromancy, avoided countless O'Qori's, ate seals, drank SO MUCH, told so many inappropriate
jokes and it was amazing (Still need a Kraken, though).
- Having Q evolve from being a walking ....joke to making impassioned speeches about bringing her happy and comfortable people into the folds of a war that they might not win.
- All the battle berries, food sharing competitions
, drunken conversations and ridiculous things we managed to see/do/and get away with.
- Every single time Greysen made me sound like a badass (from hiding people in wards when I was berserked, to debating ending a Magic Storm to dispel my prisoned ***)
- Realizing that guard duty is a thing Q ends up on a lot and not really minding that
- FINALLY getting to say "See, I told you I just needed my horse"