Finalized Compendium of Laws and Codes

MacFawkes

Artisan
To all peoples of the Kingdom of Acarthia and interested parties from across the mists,

Please find enclosed the revised laws of the land, which have been approved for widespread dispersal by the Order of Lucius, Her Grace Duchess Ilianna Tiberion, and His Majesty King Andrew Moorefield. It is my understanding that these laws are effective immediately. Be it noted that the section including the Code of Chivalry is unchanged from all previous documentation, and is simply included for the sake of consistency with the previous compendium of laws and codes.

For those overwhelmed by the prospect of reading the document in its entirety, I encourage you to read at minimum the Catalog of Crimes, which begins at page 9 of the document and outlines the most common crimes for which Acarthian citizens may be charged.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the following individuals, who each provided their time, energy, and attention to this project in one way or another: Dame Katherine Albright, Banks, Izual Brown, Guildmistress Cynder, Sir Kendrick Eisenhal, Fife, Thorgrim Gravelcracker, Baron Egil Nordheim, Aneira Owens, Squire Connor Rinaldi, Dame Arikaya Valkrys, and Baron Graham Wolsey. Each of you ensured that this document is the best it could possibly be for the good of the kingdom, and I could not have completed this without your support.

I welcome any serious questions as to the contents of this document, either discussed in person or here in the dream realms.

- Baron Darius Rivervale
Duchy of Acarthia
Kingdom of Acarthia

Attachments

• Laws and Codes 419.pdf
    174 KB · Views: 114
Doesn't sound like a serious question, but it is...can we get a picture-book version of the laws?

Dear Lagarde,
While I wasn't able to do the entire catalog of the laws, I thought that perhaps it would be unwise to allow you to spend your time at a gather without some reference to the laws. I went ahead and drew you the eight crimes you were most likely to commit. I hope my limited artistic ability will keep you safe until Darius can hire a proper artist to make sure the graphemic-shy citizens are up to date as well.

Best Wishes,

Percy of the Woods

Many thanks!

Goodman Lagarde,

Luckily, since the content of these laws are being passed through the dream realms in addition to their written dispersal, you should hear the words through your mind each time you return to this dream, such that you may understand the particulars without the necessity of literacy.

Sounds like a lot of extra work...but the pictures got the point across very nicely. I look forward to our new age of not cutting down trees on passersby.

Back