First Event Questions

Melimir

Crossroads Staff
Hi, next week will be my first event and I have a couple of quick questions and am trying to come prepared.

1) Mosquitoes, how bad are they at the site?

2) What is the camping situation? Are tents/hammocks allowed, and do we set them up away from the cabins or how does it work?

3) What is the guidance on campfires/candles/open flames?

4) Is there access to a refrigerator to store some beef if I want to cook over said campfire?

5) Is there a new player indoc?

6) What times does an event typically run from/till?

Thanks guys, and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! And if there is anything you would recommend bringing that a newbie wouldn't think of let me know please.

Heyo. Glad you're coming out to play with us! I'll do my best to answer your questions.

1) - Not terrible but do expect to get bit a little. Bug spray is your friend.
2)- Yes and if it's an in-period tent, you can set it up right near the IG area. If it's an everyday camping tent, you set it up off in the field underneath the parking lot.
3)- We've got one fire pit to use, I wouldn't set up any other fires without explicit approval.
4)- There is a fridge, but it's 95% full with the food for the entire event so spare space is limited. You can ask the Head of Food (Bill) but you're best bet is to bring a cooler for your own personal stuff or jump in with people who already have the same idea.
5)- Yes, when you get to the site, ask around for who's running it this time and people will help you find it.
6)- Friday 10:30pm ish until Sunday 1pm-ish.

You've got questions, we've got answers. :)

Staff- If I got anything wrong, lemme know or feel free to fill in anything I missed.

Also:

2): There's plenty of cabin space with beds with mattresses. Bring your own blankets and pillows. There's a "common room" where you can set up in the main building but right now there are cabins available that can be reserved by any four people. Post something on the boards that you're looking for three others, let us know, and the cabin is yours.

4): We do provide meals, and because of that there is rarely room in the refrigerator.

6): I am hoping to get things started around 9 pm with some random battles and encounters in the tavern and other minor things for those who arrive early enough.

Hi there!
My name Kyle and I'm with HQs customer service. We are hyped to have you at the event. If you'd like email me at hqcustserv@gmail.com and I can answer questions, provide in game maps, explain the world your character may know and ensure you have a great experience. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Kyle

Does anyone have a heavy crossbow phys rep I could borrow for the event? I thought I would have time to make one, but it is not looking that way. :(

Well time for pickiness is over. If anyone has any sort of archery weapon I could borrow for the weekend I would be most appreciative.

Keep asking, but if you are completely stuck, also try asking monster camp when you get there. Monster camp will usually loan a weapon for the weekend for the first weekend of a new player.

-MS

If it doesn't have to be a crossbow, we can bring you a bow-bow. :) My name is Kris. I will be small and uh... small? Look for the leather armor and excessive blue facepaint. You can also ask around for me. Either way, there will be a bow waiting.

If it doesn't have to be a crossbow, we can bring you a bow-bow. :) My name is Kris. I will be small and uh... small? Look for the leather armor and excessive blue facepaint. You can also ask around for me. Either way, there will be a bow waiting.

Awesome I'll be looking for you! Thank you!

I apologize for failing to see your question, Melimir!

If you are unable to get a bow or crossbow, we should be able to lend you one out of NPC Camp -- a crossbow at least, as we have a few in stock.

My name is Donna and I am the General Manager for Ashbury. I, as well as our Head of Plot, Collin, and our Head of Customer Service, Kyle, will be NPCing this weekend. If you have any questions or concerns whatsoever, find one of us over in NPC camp and we'll be happy to help! I'm usually the only smallish redhead in camp, so I ought to be easy to find. :) See you soon!

I second Jim's comment, you guys were awesome! Come play again when you get back!

I had a great time fighting with you guys this weekend. I hope you can come and play sometime in the future.
Perkins/Alto

Back