First Time Player: What Do I Earn For NPCing My First Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Folks of Alliance,

I have reviewed the rulebook and am hoping to make it up to my first event in the near future. For my first time out I'm stronly considering NPCing to get to know the rules better.

My question: What do I earn towards my eventual character by NPCing for an entire event? While I have read the book I'd be thankful if you could answer as if talking to someone completely alien to Alliance. I do not understand the concept of a "blanket" or "goblin points". What would I earn for the entire event and how does it translate into build points I can apply towards my future character?

Thank you very much for your help,
Michael J Jones
Future New Jersey and/or Headquarters player

Re: First Time Player: What Do I Earn For NPCing My First Ga

The specifics for each chapter vary a little bit. I am not currently aware of any chapter that does not, at a minimum, give credit for an event NPC. We use the term 'blanket' to mean the experience generated from a day, or weekend long event. (blanket is usually one day, weekend/event blanket refers usually to 2, occasionally 3 for long events)

Usually you get a number of goblin points that can be turned into Monthly blankets (as one of the options) this is a day worth of experience you can purchase once a month. Now why am I talking about everything in 'days'? Because our XP system is regressive, basically the more Build you have the slower it comes in.

As an Example if the first two levels of the XP chart look like this.

15-24 Build, 3 XP per build
25-34 Build, 7 XP per build.

Each 'Day' blanket is worth your build in XP, So if you NPC'd a weekend event (2 days) you'd get 30 XP (15 starting build times 2) which would convert to 10 more build (30/3 = 10). If you then bought a monthly blanket because you got 60 goblin points for attending as an NPC you'd get one more 'day' worth now 25 XP (since you have more build) but you now need 7 xp per build so you'd only get 3 additional points, with the extra 4 XP waiting around for some buddies until they can become a build point.

As a rough overview, You'll get multiple points (3-5) per weekend through about level 8 I think, then a couple of points per weekend (2 and some change), I think you start getting just under a point per day around level 15. (And if you are a longer term player like me, you start seeing a point per 3 blankets, but at they point you've already got some serious mojo)

-David
Owner (or so they tell me) Alliance Southern MN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back