Florentine use with a Bow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I had spoken with a local marshal and was told that in order to use my Long Bow and Small Weapon I am required to have the Two Weapons skill and not just Florentine. As I understood it Florentine allows the use of one Long Weapon (Bow) and one Small Weapon. In discussion I was directed to the ARB Archery section which says "If the archer has the Two Weapon skill and is using a short bow, then they may use it with a long weapon or with a one handed spear." (p.83) This, in reading, seemed to be simply an example given on what weapons may be usable and not a specific ruling on how Bows must be used, perhaps another example would be "If the archer has the Two Weapons skill and is using a Long Bow, then they may use it with a short or small weapon." Is this how it works or am I mistaken?

The only difference between Florentine and Two Weapons is the size of the smaller weapon permitted in use. The quoted statement from page 83 is specifically there to clarify that a Short Bow counts as a short weapon for Two Weapons, included for clarity for long-time players for whom this was a significant change. You may therefore use a bow of any size along with a small weapon with only the skill Florentine.

However, as a safety note, I encourage people not to rely on Small Weapons for fighting someone face-to-face, as they can at times lead to borderline charging behavior due to their very short lengths.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back