Florintine vs. Two Weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpfouts

I know this is probably a completely silly question, but for the life of me I can't see the differences between the two.

Florentine:
This skill allows the character to hold and use two weapons in combat, one in each hand.
Neither weapon can be a two handed weapon, and one of the weapons can be no longer than a dagger.
If different damages are being delivered with each weapon, then you must call out different damages when swinging the weapons.

Two Weapons
This skill allows the character to hold and use two weapons in combat, one in each hand.
Neither weapon can be a two handed weapon, and one of the weapons must be a Short or Small weapon.
If different damages are being delivered with each weapon, then you must call out different damages when swinging the weapons.
If an archer has the Two Weapon skill and is using a short bow, then they may use it with a Long weapon or with a one handed spear.

So, mechanically, the only difference is that it gives you the ability to use weapons up to 36", versus up to 28" with just Florentine, correct?

Yup. It somewhat limits what weapons you can dual-wield, as bows don't fit in the dagger category, but it's the difference between going long weapon/short weapon and long weapon/dagger. (You can also wield short weapon-short weapon or short weapon-dagger.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back