Foam Armor Pieces

Ehvarion

Reading the rule book it would appear that foam armor would value at 0 points. While I am using pretty much all real armor (see my other thread for what I am using in case people were looking for ideas) My younger brother who wants to use foam in his armor design would like to confirm that and clarify the details about the use of foam and its value in armor points.

I'd really need to see what it looks like.

ARB said:
0 points: Costume. Costume is any sort of period costume made out of cloth or any other material that does not at all resemble armor.

0 Points really is for things that aren't armor at all. While the book says what materials count for 1 point (
eather, leather scale, padded cloth, naugahide, suede, doeskin, vinyl, heavy can- vas, bone, rope and wood. ), I think it's intent is to be more of a here's what typically 1 point of armor armor is made out of.

Most likely it'd be worth 1 point. That's assuming it looks passable enough to be believable in a fantasy world.

@Ehvarion I am a Marshal for the Oregon and Seattle chapters. I would be happy to help you in the way that @Alkalin3 has proposed. I'm 90% certain that you and I have been communicating via email over at newplayer@allianceoregon.com. Send some photos my way and I'll take a gander. I won't be able to fully tell you what the points would be worth until I see the outfit in person, but I can give you a good idea.

Ok, thanks. Just wanted to get a basic idea for him before he started building anything so that he could keep his armor points in mind.

Back