For those that love the "Souls" games. Play the Nioh Beta (PS4 exclusive)(Free)

Traeger

I haven't posed in forever. One day I'll make it back to Alliance. Anyway...

The Nioh Beta is available on PS4 until 9/6. Free btw. The game plays very much like a Souls game and it's pretty obvious that this studio used those games as inspiration. They pretty much took/stole the great things about a Souls game and gave it a Japanese re-skin and added a few cool things. When I say re-skin I mean this game is STEEPED with all things Westerners love about samurai and yokai. I know I'm not the only weebo here. There is great attention to detail.

My thoughts. Two hours dying and making marginal progression I was sold and knew I would be buying this game. Four hours in with practically no more progress and a ton more deaths and I was definitely in love. I've put twelve hours into this Beta and will easily put twelve more in. I have now completed it and I'm blown away by the amount of fun and content available.

IMPORTANT: If you find you like this game or think you may be interested, there are two DLCs that are EXCLUSIVE and FREE to those that beat the two main missions available in the Beta. When stuff like this happens there is a chance that the DLC become available at a later date when more DLC is added but that isn't a guarantee and the Beta players get this at launch. The game definitely takes some time investment to get through so I'm happy to jump in a play with people who need help or are short on time. Did I mention they make playing peoples games way easier and more consistent than the Souls games?

Anyway, go play the game. Enjoy!

Back