Formal link

Cúangol

Artisan
“If using secondary casters to aid in the Ritual, add one to the number of caster formal levels for each valid secondary caster participating” p. 166.

Is this text supposed to refer to formal link, i.e. that additional levels (plural) may be added through formal link?

Or can each additional caster really add a level for free? (If so, what makes a caster “valid”?).

This may be in reference to 1.3 where anyone with formal could give an automatic +1. I believe it should read now anyone with HM can provide 1. This exact situation came up over the weekend and I had ruled it this way(though both helpers did have formal allocated already).

Upvote 0
I believe it to be that anyone with Formal Magic can add +1.

Page 151 ARB 2.0 v2.1 said:
Formal Magic Passive. Each purchase of this High Magic ability grants one rank of Formal Magic, used for casting Rituals. See the “Formal Magic” section for details. A character with at least one rank of Formal Magic of the appropriate aspect may act as a secondary caster, adding one rank to the primary caster’s chances of success. Additional ranks may only be granted from each secondary caster via the Formal Link High Magic.

Folks with out a 9th are barred from doing any formal magic stuff by design (Spell crafting being the exception).

Upvote 0
Yep. If someone has ANY amount of Formal Magic purchased from their High Magic that day, they can participate as a secondary caster and grant +1 formal level to the caster. However, they must have purchased at least one Formal Magic level with their HM points.

Formal Link allows more than just this flat +1 secondary caster bonus.

Upvote 0
Back