Formal Scrolls for Sale

jpariury

Duke
Greetings and Salutations to my friends of old and new, as well as strangers one and all!

The Vale of Roses, from which I hail, has come across new growth, and peoples from far and wide seek its shelter. In order to procure the necessary supplies to allow for expansion of our small fiefdom, I am divesting myself of a number of scrolls. As the contractors are already lined up, I am afraid I can only take cold, hard coin. Bids may be placed privately with me, or publicly here. I will update this missive with bids as they come. Bidding is set to end on Sept 15 at noon (as experienced in the Vale).

All scrolls will require reagents, and their resultant effects should travel across kingdoms (where applicable).

Scrolls that should work for peoples in or around Sedovia are as follows:

• Channel - 35 gold bid anonymously
  • Create Limited Circle of Power - 15 gold bid anonymously
  • Damage Aura - 61 gold bid anonymously
  • Destroy Magic - 10 gold bid anonymously
  • Item Recall - 25 gold bid anonymously
  • Monster Slayer - 30 gold bid anonymously
  • Race Reaver - 28 gold bid anonymously
  • Preserve - 70 gold bid anonymously
  • Spirit Store - 20 gold bid by Raganzi
  • Ritual of WOE - 10 gold bid by Lord Arannin

Scrolls that should work for peoples in or around Enneret

• Channel - 20 gold bid anonymously

Scrolls that should work for people in or around Ceriopolis

• Create Limited Circle of Power - 15 gold bid anonymously
  • Contact Other Plane - 12 gold bid anonymously
  • Earth Aura - 45 gold bid by Master Maealas
  • Elemental Aura - 15 gold bid anonymously
  • Obfuscate (includes catalyst) - 35 gold bid anonymously
  • Preserve Duration - 78 gold bid anonymously
  • Regeneration - 40 gold bid anonymously
  • Vengeance - 27 gold bid anonymously
  • Warder Glyph - 5 gold bid anonymously
  • Warder Glyph (a second one) - 5 gold bid anonymously
Catalysts without scrolls, usable in or around Ceriopolis
  • Essence of Hatred (I am told this corresponds to the Obliterate ritual) - 60 gold bid anonymously
  • Heart of a Dragon (I do not know what ritual this corresponds to at this time) - 30 gold bid anonymously
Scrolls that should work for peoples in any of the Fortannian kingdoms - These are very rare scrolls touched by the mists that surround the various kingdoms and continents, and thus can usually be carried through the mists.

• Arcane Armor - 110 gold bid anonymously
  • Spirit Recall - 75 gold bid by Sir Daylynn
@~}~~
Sir Gregor Orpheus Dimitris
Clan of the Wandering Rose
High Knight of the Knights of the Vale
Defender of the Realm
Protector of Wayward Lasses
Singer of Songs and Drinker of Wines
Snappy Dresser
Better-than-average Dancer

Last edited:
Greetings!

There were some heavy action on the mist-touched Spirit Recall scroll, and in digging through the stores, I uncovered two catalysts and a Ritual of WOE!

@~}~~

Howdy, Sir Gregor!

Ah haven't ever met ya before, but Ah've heard yer name spoken of a couple o' times here and there around tha' places Ah've traveled. Mah Deader-huntin' sword'll be runnin out o' juice in two shakes of a lamb's tail, an Ah'll be needin' a new Earth Aura ta' help me blast them scourge o' tha Earth offa' Fortannis soon.

Ah'd like ta' place a bid fer yer Earth Aura ritual fer tha' Ceripolis. Ah'm shore Zeth'll have a good use fer it, an' I recognize he gots a lotta punch against them Undead critters too, but Ah use mah sword a bit more'n he claws the critters an Ah hope he'll recconize that Ah'd git a fair bit more use o' it than he might. He an' Ah might not always see eye tah' eye on things, but Ah suspect we both unnerstan' tha value o' killin them nasty Deaders. So Ah'd like to put in a bid o' about 15 gold pieces fer tha' scroll, with no offense meant ta tha' furry feller.

Thankee fer yer time, an Ah appreciate yer puttin them scrolls up fer sale,
-Peter

Hello, Master Peter!

Your bid has been placed, and many other bids have been updated to the list. By the by, if the slaying of undead is your intent, and you suspect you may at some point wander across the mists of Sedovia or thereabouts, may I recommend placing a bid on the Ritual of WOE? In addition to crafting an implement capable of permanently slaying a vampire and immunity to their undead gaze that might try to control you, at its greatest degree of casting, it shall grant you immunity to all Necromancy until the next dawn! I suspect that might strike your fancy, and put more than just a bee in your bonnet for the destruction of the foul creatures.

@~}~~

Good morning!

The dawn has found our contractors in position to begin new constructions and reinforce our walls. With the promise of a new flurry of bidding overnight, our people look forward to ensuring their own security and pursuing the defeat of the necromantic barbarians that have attempted time and again to gain purchase to the inner kingdoms.

@~}~~

More bidding has happened!

It was also asked, and so I shall answer publicly:

In the event that multiple people have made the same bid on an item, then in the last week of the auction -
  • All parties involved will let it be known that there are identical bids.
  • The first person to have placed the bid will be so advised that they are in the lead, until/unless a higher bid is made within that week.
  • If, by noon of the 15th, there are still identical bids, the first bid placed will be deemed the winner.

@~}~~

Bonjour, mes ami,

Another bid has been placed. On Sunday, I shall inform all bidders of the current state auctions in which they have bid directly, so that no one loses track. At that time, there will be scarcely just over two weeks remaining.

May your mugs be full, and your hearts lifted by song.

@~}~~

Many well-wishings upon you!

It would seem a number of adventurers have returned from their travels with full purses and hearts full of charity. Bids have been updated and letters sent to all who have bid thus far. Please note that with these letters having gone out, additional bids have been made and by the time you read it, the notes may be out of date.

15 days remain in the auction, and please remember that there is little to be gained by waiting until the last minute!

@~}~~

Greetings and salutations!

There is just over one week remaining in these auctions. Please be sure and contact me if you wish to increase your bids! I shall be sending out another round of updates to the individuals that have already bid (assuming they have not already indicated that they are done).

@~}~~

Bonjour,

There is barely a day remaining in this auction. Letters were sent out this past weekend and a flurry of new bids have been placed. Please review the list above, as what was writ on the weekend may no longer apply.

@~}~~

There has been over 800 gold in total bid thus far. With this gold, we shall have the funds needed to secure over 300 acres from the necromantic barbarian hordes, build 40 additional treetop homes for large families, and provide seed and animals for the new families to begin their lives together in prosperity. My heartfelt thanks in advance!

Please note that there has been some heavy action of late and review the list above. Many bidders have also mandated provisional increases and/or redirected their funds to specific items so as to ensure that they do not miss out on placing a bid at the last minute. I will post a message tomorrow when the bidding is closed off so that no one is left wondering, but final letters informing the winner may not be sent out until much later that day.

Again, you have my and my people's deepest thanks in securing their futures and helping hold off those that might strike us low!
@~}~~

Less than 3 and half hours remain in this auction! Some bids were placed last night, so make to review your missives and the list above if you are in one of the auctions in heavy contention!

@~}~~
Sir Gregor

Sir Gregor,

It is my understanding that dragons are highly attracted to large piles of coin.

I would advise that you take extreme cautions. You seem like a nice person. I don't want you eaten by a dragon.

--Zeth

Back