From your CS Department

Tseddon

Hello Everyone,

This post is a little over due, but I wanted to introduce myself. I am Terrance Seddon I’ve been one of your cooks for the last year and I’ll be the new Head of CS for the SF alliance chapter. The title is head of CS instead of Player Rep because Dan felt that the position needed to be expanded, so I will be looking for people who wish to work with me and function as my player reps. I’ll go into detail on that in a moment.

To give a bit of background, I’ve been a storyteller for table top games for the last 14 years and I’ve been working in customer support for internet companies for 5+ years. I know how quickly a few bad experiences can compound on each other to make an otherwise fun game something people dread. It’s my job to make sure you always have someone to talk to about whatever is bothering you. This covers everything from just needing to vent about something that is frustrating you, to a complaint regarding a given player, complaints regarding game policies all the way to feeling unsafe and bullied. Everything needs to be heard and everyone needs to know that I’ll hear all complaints.

My policy is that if you come to me with an issue or complaint you’ll know the steps I’m taking. If I need to speak to people on your issue you’ll know about it before hand and if I need to use your name in whatever action I’m taking I’ll ask your permission ahead of time. I’m going to do my best to keep to this policy in all situations.

To create some consistency going forward I created an e-mail address: alliancesfplayerrep@gmail.com. I’d like to use this email address for communicating on any complaints or issues so that when/if someone else holds this position than I can pass along the login information so that there is never any question on what email address you should use to contact and that there will always be a continuity of information.

As for the Player Reps I’m looking for someone who feels comfortable hearing complaints and is willing to be objective. You may hear complaints regarding people your friends with or even different accounts of events you were at, everything has to be looked into and treated equally. There is no bigger failing in a customer support position than when you pre-determine the validity of someone’s complaint and take action. Anyone who would like to be a player rep please send an e-mail to alliancesfplayerrep@gmail.com and cc asf@maddjinn.com. Give me a brief run down on why you think you’d be a good fit for the job and how long you’ve played in the chapter.

If you have any issues past or present I’m always ready to listen.
Terrance Seddon
Alliance SF Head of CS

I'd like to announce to everyone your player Reps who will be helping me field any issues you may have.

Alice Caswell
Neil Eads

Both of them will have access to the AllianceSFplayerRep@gmail.com e-mail address.

I will make the announcement in person at the next weekend event.

Please feel free to begin talking to them about anything that may be bugging you.

Terrance Seddon
Alliance SF Head of CS

Back