Gifts to give

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romilda

Taking the ribbon and tying it securely so the gift was safe with the confines of the cloth ,Gabriella smiles at her work. She may not be an artisan, but she now held a deeper appreciation for their work. She puts on her favorite cloak and the one she had been given to borrow she takes and adds another layer of protection to her precious cargo. Picking it up with one hand, she heads out the door using her foot to shut it behind her.

She makes her way down a few steps of the path, her eyes trailing over the a small patch of snow where she found his banner. She remembered the fear that went through her mind and heart, his last words to her she had almost forgotten.

Shaking her head at the bad memory she reminded herself of the destination, and the sadness was quickly replaced with purposeful glee. Keeping her pace fast but steady, she made her way down across the common areas to the ravens clan house. Two hands holding the gift close her, the size of it a bit awkward but, then again she had never been taught how to use one, let alone how to properly hold it.

A month she had been working on it, late into the night, eyes straining through the candle light to ensure every detail was perfect. Or at least as perfect as her untrained hand could manage. She thought of it as a welcome back present, a gentle reminder to him.

Lightly hopping over a few ice patches she sees her destination ahead of her and manages to keep at the same pace she had been traveling at. Walking up to the porch of their house she goes and places the gift behind her back. In no way was it hidden with the edge of it appear around the sides of her skirt, but at least it wasnt obvious. Already anticipating for her ruse to dissolve the moment the door opened she raised her fist and gave the door three solid knocks, then stepped back and waited.

Calan groggily opens the front door to see who had was disturbing his sleep. his eyes were thick with sleep making his vision blurry; all he could make out was the shape. peculiar he thought, he couldn't recall seeing a goblin so large before.

"Hello." he said unsteadily

"Well good morning, or actully..."

Gabrielle quickly glances up at the sky.

"Its more of a good afternoon. Do you need a moment to uh.. "

She looks Calans taking in the fact his eyes were not quite focused and clothes were slightly disheveled.

"Wake up a bit more?"

“No,no,no it’s fine. What can I do for you?”

A moments hesitation as she tries to keep her words simple for the ruffled sylvanborn.

"Well since you've gotten back, things seem to have been a bit rough for you. And you have seemed pretty stressed recently so I made you something in hopes it would help you find a way to relax."

She brings the gift out from behind her wrapped in a white cloth and tied with a blue ribbon.

Calans eyes widen.

“you really shouldn’t have, I prefer to be the one to give things away.”

Calan reaches his hands out to take it.

“I wonder what it could be.” He says with a chuckle.

Calan carefully unties the ribbon and unwraps the gift, his hunch was correct it was exactly what he thought it was. His fingers traced over its every curve. His eyes were drawn to the paint a grin crept across his face.
“The flowers are a nice touch. Thank you. Would you like to go for a walk? Or perhaps come in for some tea?”

"Hmm, well if your up to it a walk sounds lovely right about now."

The thought of being able to stretch her legs and spend some time with Calan felt like a gift from above. Though at the same time having a cup of tea was also a very strong contender to pass the time.

"And maybe if your up for it a cup of tea afterwards? If your not busy of course."

She takes a step back and turns to the side leaving a space for him to exit the house.

”oh, I see how it is. You want to be able to have both.” the sylvanborn gave out a warm laugh. ”is it customary to have your cake and eat it too?”

”i didn't say you couldn't have both; I just wanted to tease you is all.”

He paused.

”you know I had a dream I was at your house the other night and I saw a sign on your tea closet.”

A slight giggle escapes before she continues

"I wouldnt expect, nor hope for any less"

Looking curiously at him for his admittance of a strange dream.

"And what was the sign, because last I checked those doors were bare. Unless of I haven't been paying attention recently"

She looks up at the sky, a smattering of clouds above them, yet blue as far as the eye can see.

"Im reminded of the time Phal had gone and placed your hand in mine with neither us knowing what was happening. I dont think my face has ever turned that shade of red before."

"A time that if I remember correctly you had written down in a letter you sent to me."

Glancing over as they began to make their way down the steps.

"It made me happy knowing that I was not the only one put on the spot that day. Well happy and relieved."

Her eyes not quite focusing on the path infornt of her as her mind replayed the moment.

Calan recalled that day and how he felt.

“is there anywhere you’d like to go to?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back