Gobbies...For Backgrounds!

Lurin

Duke
Now that our Players Handbook is officially live, its time to start thinking about characters and histories mates. To encourage everyone to get those character backstories in we'll be running a promotion, the sooner you get them in, the more Gobbies you get! This offer is good for your first character only, if you plan to play a transfer character, a short history along with some ideas as to what he or she might be traveling the mists for is all you need. If you are playing a local character (ie new or a 'blank' transfer card) Feel free to use our handbook to help generate ideas, but by no means feel that you must select a tribe, or group of your chosen race. If none of the current ones 'click' we encourage you to create a new family, or leave your origins vague.

Please note - if you do not feel you will be attending one of our first three events (Ie Up through the soon to be scheduled May event), this offer is not for you, please check our Donations page for other ways to earn those character blanketing gobbies.

All backgrounds should be submitted to info@mnalliance.com
Please feel free to send any questions, concerns, or comments about how my new haircut looks funky to the same address above. Newbie Marschalls are available to help you brainstorm/put you ideas to paper.

Goblin Rates for Backgrounds
Recieved by January 31st, 11:59 PM central time - 30 Gobbies
Recieved by February 28th, 11:59 PM Central Time - 20 Gobbies
Recieved by March 15th, 11:59 and 30 seconds Central Time - 15 Gobbies
Recieved by March 20th, 11:59 Central Time - 10 Gobbies
Recieved after March 20th - 0 Gobbies (thats not many!)

Approximately how long should these backgrounds be? Or a better question, how many pages is too many?

Feel free to write as much as you like, generally we expect back histories to be a half page to anything from 2-20 pages long. Longer is fine, but remember the real story is supposed to start in Game, and in general most characters are just starting their adventuring carreers.

Alas mates, it is February already and while this mean we are moving ever closer to our first event, it also means the first stage of our background promotion is over, if you submitted a background and did not get CC'd on a goblin stamp report to our logistics man, please let me know quickly so you get proper credit.

So get those backgrounds in mates, remember the longer we have them, the more time we have to come up with things and plot that better fit your interests!

can we get confirmation of these?

Thanks,

Paul

You should have received a confirmation e-mailed, cc'd to our logistics staff by now if you submitted a back story.

I know I sent mine in a while ago, but don't think I got a confirm though.

Two deadlines past mates, two more to go, Get those backgrounds in. (The latest way of gobbies have been sent to logistics please give them a day or two to process. If you've submitted your history and haven't heard back)

Woohoo! I like free gobbies, and it motivated me to start developing my character more :p...almost like that was the idea...almost

but of course...plot loves undeveloped characters switching personalities for the first few events...right? right? haha

As a sum up, Here are the people who have already received Goblin stamps from this Promotion, if your name is not listed below, please yell at me (nicely)

Newest Additions
-Brent Woodward
-Joy Nelson
-Josh Clark
-Josh Bailey
-Vicky Pacillo

Previously Received

Tim Sireno
Paul Foisy
John Greenwood
Jessy Smith
Ryan B.