Good source of Biata Feathers

Lurin

Duke
Howdy folks,

As some know, and many do not, It is my intention to reveal a new Biata Huntsmen coming up in July and I'm looking for a good source of feathers (purple, orange and yellow specifically) anyone have hints as to were to get suitable supplies aside from crafty type stores?

Gander Mountain (or any Outdoor/Sportsman Store with a robust Fishing section) - Fly Tying section. Neck hackles and Biats in every color of the rainbow all waterproof as they are expected to be used to fish with.

A lot of online fly-fishing stores as well that let you buy small packages of biats (the long trailing feathers) and dyed feathers as well.

oh I didn't even think of that, thanks for the tip!

Try to find a feather type called a hackle pad (not just hackle). It has a cloth backing that is perfect for applying as a Biata eyebrow. Attach another color (or two) on the front and you're good to go. They also give the nice down-sweeping look around your eyes.

Also, always remember that a Biata should look well-groomed. Sleek is better than bushy.

Ohio especially in the summer time is a GREAT place to harvest some biata feathers! Heck, come on down and pluck 'em clean, they won't mind. Really!

Except the Shya. She has a Big Toe you do not wanna mess with.

Riiiiight... cause there were totally some accidental deaths of biata at the last event...

Right Maureen?

Just remember which side has the mouthy guy, and which side has the guy you jump into pits after. :)

Thanks for the ideas mates, I managed to find the colors and set up I need and can't wait to debut my Biata in a couple of weeks! :D

Back