?>Goren<?

Gnot,

He is not a random person. He is a general for the Dark Dwarven army that we have been fighting for the last almost year.

~Eve~

Who is Goren? Mere man, or man of myth?

Goren, is a hero. A hero who during times of troubles has stepped up to defend the people he cares about, his people. He is the man children dream of becoming. He is the protector, the caretaker, and champion of the Dwarven community. I remember when I first joined the ranks of the militia many years. I was just a private, barely able to cast a Cure Moderate Wounds spell. We were deep underground, well, deeper than you would might expect. We came to a small clearing, it smelled of rotten eggs. That’s when we heard the hissing. That’s when we heard them, those damn Troglodytes. We were very much outnumbered; in fact, they probably outnumbered our platoon 5 to 1. Goren didn’t flinch. He didn’t move. He stood his ground. The rest of the platoon was panicked, we knew our day was done, and we expected to return as failures to the resurrection circle. The thing was, we never showed up there. Not a single Dwarf was found in that resurrection circle that day. No, Goren took his hammer and crushed the skull of each and every one of those grey scaled vermin. Folks where I’m from called that day Goren’s Shattering. Children speak of that day long ago, fathers tell their lads and lasses about the man who never moved, never spoke a word, a man with enough confidence and reserve to get his people through. That, is why General Goren won’t lose. General Goren will stand down those who fight against him! He won’t run! He won’t hide! He will protect my people, and the second coming of Goren’s Shattering will come, for those who stand against him.

So who is Goren? He is the once, and future hero.

-Commander Bartholomew Ironcrest
A man who owes Goren his life.

I'm sorry, is it me, or is it that all you dwarfs are long winded.
Bartholomew, this war is gonna be over one way or another really soon. Instead of running your mouth, you should be spending your last few week with those you care about. Because when I'm done with Goren, I'm coming for you.
Until then, stay out of the shadows as they belong to me.

-Foss

You would do well to follow your own advice Squire.

Regardless of the outcome of our upcoming duel, your story will be told in the annals of history as a cautionary tale of those who didn't mind their own backyards.

Goren

Many thanks to all that introduced me to this august personage.

It is excellent to know that there still exists worth persons of fame and fortune. All too often, in my travels, you encounter "important persons" of "local significance". These "nobles" or "leaders" most often interact with the townsfolk with thinly veilled "portents of ill omen" or "comments of significance".

It is refreshing to encounter one worthy of their title, or name, backed with significant deeds of merit.

However,

Goren, General Goren, Generalisimo Goren, Great Leader Goren, or Goren the Beardy (I am unclear as to your title),

I highly recommend hiring bards, troubledors, or at least heralds into your service as your public relations of your military is .... unclear as to your description and significance. Even with all the information publicly available, I am sad to say that the below artist's conception is my mental image of your personage.

70143240.jpg

With respect and wishes of good health,
-Gnot of too many titles not worthy to mention in your augustnessesss's presence.

No worries Gnot....... Me's not know who this person is either........ Me more worried about finding lost crown and nuts........ That me thinks is more important.............. YAY for spring............

Back