Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

• D-

• F

• Total voters
I had a great time, I may not have been able to effect a chunk of some of the battles (massive amounts of cauldron born), but I found other ways of being useful during such instances, like getting people back onto their feet. If I ran out of spells, use potions. They're there for a reason. As for some of the rougher fights... My only response to that is, if we were to win everything too easily it would just get boring. I like that feeling that you could die if you screw up.

Grade of the event: A

-Jeremy Lopez / Kotual

I gave it an "A" as well.

For me it was a great event because:

1) there were some great fights.
2) there was some awesome role-playing.
3) there was some great Plot.

What else do you need? :)

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

I also gave it an "A". I'm really tired now so I will post my favorites and probably cover most of what I really liked there but in general a wonderful atmosphere. For the second event in a row I had a total immersion moment. I absolutely loved the last wave battle too. The feeling of being surrounded and fighting to keep each inch between me and the Earth Storms was so excellent. I don't think I've run, jumped, ducked, dodged, and yelled so much in a wave battle in a long time. The plot was a ton of fun, and I'm really excited to see what Scott is bringing to the table next month. Good clean fighting and excellent NPC's. Great job guys!

The NPC's did a great job, too bad the rain kicked our butts on Saturday Night. I love safe clean Alliance-combat and I saw alot of that. Late Friday Night was FRICKIN CRAZY!!! Tim Gailey getting hurt was a real downer but I am glad that the NPC's were awesome. I wanted to scream because Iggy had to eat some words that he boasted a year ago at a Nobles Meeting. Lochaber has been my MOST hated villain for all three of my characters that I've played in HQ.

Brian loves Lochaber. I remember when Ats/Hawkwing crawled through a window and assassinated him.

I love killing trolls in Trellheim I never get sick of it, I'm not kidding I will get seriously sad if it ever stops. I will cry. Getting to blood a brand new axe on a cauldron-borne is perhaps the SWEETEST thing that I have ever experienced. It validates years of fighting these GOD-DAMNED things...

I'm better now. I gave the event a B.

-Brian

I gave the event an A.

Game plot was good and battles went well. For the most part things seemed fair, and there were some really fun mods. Only downside to the event was the weather which obviously we have no control over and a couple injuries which were unfortunate. It was good to see those player still actively engaged though. They took a lick and kept ticking. Keep the rp coming.. Can't wait tell memorial day.

My second ever LARPing, second NPCing, and second kickass time.

My mind is still a blur of amazing fun from the entire weekend. Had a great time with everyone, and can't wait for the next go around. Definetely and 'A'

--Elissa

I gave a B-
Im a hard grader and would rarely give an A+ so that was almsot impossible
the night battles are neat in theory but in pratice its dangerous and ruff to do so a little more light at the sight or more battles inside would be great
More battles inside would be good over all, some people are injured and cant go running down the hill for battles some are dressed elegantly and dont want to go tramping into the mud some ill and cant go out in the rain so I think using the downstairs more for stuff would be great!
less spells thrown by monsters would be nice also
I dont mind the damage ones (well getting hit for 15's when you only have 14 hp is ruff) but not being able to battle becose your running away from the first second is upsetting
everything at the event threw spells that could completly take you out of action, fears were used in mass and even freshy baked pastry were throwing spells
its hard as a low level fighter when you dont get a lot of protective spells and one packet can make take you out of the combat

The NPC's as always are great!
the campsite is great and keeps getting better and better!
the plot was great and the unresolved ones will keep me returning to see what happens next!
the Food was much better then last time and great job kitchen staff!
im not a rouge but having stuff for them was great and I heard there were very happy :)

Im a ruff grader most people would prob be less critical im a glass is half empty and some one secvey drank from it kinda outlook so most would and so far gave it higher

FW

<<< the night battles are neat in theory but in pratice its dangerous and ruff to do so a little more light at the sight or more battles inside would be great
More battles inside would be good over all, some people are injured and cant go running down the hill for battles some are dressed elegantly and dont want to go tramping into the mud some ill and cant go out in the rain so I think using the downstairs more for stuff would be great!
less spells thrown by monsters would be nice also >>>

Let's just set up a table and roll dice instead of actually fighting. That would be so much easier.

;)

ClawsofSlash said:
<< Let's just set up a table and roll dice instead of actually fighting. That would be so much easier. >>

Yeah, but no where near as fun.
:p

My point exactly.

Honestly, I like the outside battles much more. I'm biased from a different standpoint than Frank though. I'm almost 25, so still in my prime, and in relatively decent shape. No six pack yet, but I'm workin' on it. Anyway, I love being able to charge the enemy. Heck I went all crazy biata woman when Baron Ivan was down behind troll lines and the Cauldron Born were moving up the stairs to the back side of the barn. I jumped down the left side and tore off through their right flank to try to get to him. I flat out sprinted as fast as I could, only to see three trolls stand up, roar right back at me and charge! Yeah, there was an "Oh...perhaps this was a bad idea" moment, but that's priceless. Something I can't achieve in the inside environment.

Not only that, but fighting inside with a two-hand sword....not as easy as it looks. So I'm kinda with Eric on this one.

IvanDrake said:
<<< the night battles are neat in theory but in pratice its dangerous and ruff to do so a little more light at the sight or more battles inside would be great
less spells thrown by monsters would be nice also >>>

Let's just set up a table and roll dice instead of actually fighting. That would be so much easier.

;)

Thats actually really rude. I dont think its unfair to say Can we NOT go across the river in the pitch black, while the grounds are still treacherous for people to walk on.

I know im an exception because I have a broken ankle.. But even if you are in your prime, at night, theres not enough lighting and its really dangerous to go out beyond the river.

I agree outdoor battles are more fun, but even by the cabins theres these DEEP furrows in the ground which even with good feet, in the dark you can really hurt yourself.

I know the landscaping is being done... Huzzah! But until it is, I dont think its unreasonable to ask for a bit more safety until the landscaping can catch up.

~Erica

Gwendara said:
Honestly, I like the outside battles much more. I'm biased from a different standpoint than Frank though. I'm almost 25, so still in my prime, and in relatively decent shape. No six pack yet, but I'm workin' on it. Anyway, I love being able to charge the enemy. Heck I went all crazy biata woman when Baron Ivan was down behind troll lines and the Cauldron Born were moving up the stairs to the back side of the barn. I jumped down the left side and tore off through their right flank to try to get to him. I flat out sprinted as fast as I could, only to see three trolls stand up, roar right back at me and charge! Yeah, there was an "Oh...perhaps this was a bad idea" moment, but that's priceless. Something I can't achieve in the inside environment.

Not only that, but fighting inside with a two-hand sword....not as easy as it looks. So I'm kinda with Eric on this one.

I'm 38 and I like the outside battles better too.

Though maybe when I'm over 40 like Eric and Frank that will all change.

Duke Frost said:
Gwendara said:

I'm 38 and I like the outside battles better too.

Though maybe when I'm over 40 like Eric and Frank that will all change.

better not. I want to fight you IG someday and actually win. I expect I will still need several years to make that dream a reality.

<<< Thats actually really rude. >>>

It wasn't intended to be rude, hence the winking icon. It was intended to be funny.

dont get me wrong outside battles are great and I would never sugest they be replaced but
we have 2+ people that can go out in rain and running up and down a rock coverd hill
we have several people with poor vision that cant battle in pitch darkness (im again not sugesting floodlights but a little light on a cloudy night so people can see if there packets hit and see who they are swinging at)
a couple of people with elegant costumes that wish not to go out in the mud
a couple of people with a fear of snakes that wish not to go roaming about the woods
and a few newbies that haev been warned not to cross the water as they will be eaten and pooped out before they can swing for 3

its actualy not me that said this I jsut had a lot of time to listen to diffrent people who could not go out for varous reasons add them all up and there were a decent number

but if you want to say these people wish to just roll adventures then : P

<<< I dont think its unfair to say Can we NOT go across the river in the pitch black, while the grounds are still treacherous for people to walk on. >>>

Also, we're not talking about going across the stream in pitch black. No one ever said, "Let's go across the stream in pitch black darkness and fight."

<<< dont get me wrong outside battles are great and I would never sugest they be replaced..... >>>

Frank, I hear ya. And I'm not being critical. I was trying to be funny with my original post.

I will now shut up as apparently telling jokes on this site will offend someone.

IvanDrake said:
<<< I dont think its unfair to say Can we NOT go across the river in the pitch black, while the grounds are still treacherous for people to walk on. >>>

Also, we're not talking about going across the stream in pitch black. No one ever said, "Let's go across the stream in pitch black darkness and fight."

Actually there was a mod which I declined because it was exactly that.

I agree its gorgeous outside, and we are a live action roleplaying game. Outdoor battles are essential and FUN. But, until the landscaping is a bit safe, MY request is better lighting for the outside.

And dont shut up Eric :p If you dont make noise how will the kobalds find you to steal Ivans crown?

Back