Guardians?

Hey are there any guardians that read the call to arms? Heck for that matter seems Gorka's the only one really worried about it.

Who's going to fight a castle full of Necromantic High Orcs? Is there any plan forming out there? What resources are we bringing to bear to ensure success?

I assure you guys that didnt see the High Orcs fight last year these guys are not pushovers, are capable of refined tactics, will fight tusk and fist before surrendering and oh yes, there is a CASTLE, to keep us from getting to them. Not to mention they are willing to cast chaos to keep us from there walls and that if I was a corrupt node commander I would send corrupt to harras us, you know the guys that kick em in the sensitives every few months, to harras us.

All that considered, I think the standard, "lets figure it out when we hit em" probably isnt going to get it done this time so we need to leadership to start organizazing and I maybe some sort of roll call.

Sappers?- That and trapsmiths....wheres Gabriel if he's around someone knock him down for a nap and point him towards here. For that matter what about alchemy gasses.

Healers?- how many will we have? how many potions can we thrown on them? is there a suggested mix of offensive/vs defensive or anti-undead vs healing the leaders want?

Fighters?-Who? what weapons do we have? Can we get access to an Orcish reaver? I think I might have a scroll for that... ask here if your looking for a caster to "spellcraft" and ill try to make it happen.

Archers?- same as fighters and how many arrows/bolts can you bring? what sorts of coatings could we add.

Tacticians?- I'm pulling my hair out of my sideburnes here folks lets get Kovu or someone who's idea of tactics doesnt consist solely of "turn him around for me" shall we?

I'll help pair people to donations or things being sold cheap for now. I do know we need arrows and bolts, ive asked the Blacksmiths to forgo higher profits for a marketday and donate their goods. I'll also bring a bit of free product for folks and be willing to dip into my gasses. We need arrows and bolts, cure light wounds potions and poison shield elixirs at the least. A few explosive traps and a offensive scrolls couldnt hurt either. This is not a fight we can afford to lose and for once its not a fight thats going to be given to us.

If the next message I see here is from a merchant from another land offering his wares at low prices (no offense bob) I'm gunna be a little miffed.

Sheriff Woods

Fern,

As the Baron said, the Greater Celestial Guild of Gaden will be forming one of the groups to assist the effort, and as a local representative of the Guild, I will be accompanying that group for at least part of the fray.

I will be willing to produce as many arrows as is reasonable to make in this amount of time, and perhaps shall bust out my scrollbook to share with others. If people are willing to allow it, I am willing to take a post as a tactical organizer.

And of course, I find it my job to jump in front of as many of the enemies' ice effects, Death spells, and possibly spirit-shattering effects as is possible.

~ Gandian Ravenscroft
Celestial Neophyte of Gaden

I can put off some of my orders and create arrows and bolts instead. I also have a little bit of a stockpile, not much but a little bit of one. Also if we are willing I can batch a few times and for only arrows and bolts I can offer at cost deals. Let me know what you want and I will see what I can do.

When it comes to tactics, My friend Ur'ok Kal is Harbors Far's Tactictian, and he is in fact originally from petorak, so he may be able to offer some insites. I will try and get him to respond here and see what we can come up with.
I find that most of the guardians are not very active in the dream realm which is unfortunete, but that is another story all together.

With honor always,
Thorador boulderfist

I have sent out an invitation to my High Orc Friends from distant lands. I also know of a mercenary group named the Jakels I may be able to incise to our lands. I have promised a party after we clear the fort, a High Orc Moot should be enough to draw some powerful friends of mine. I will up date our roster with names and specialty as I receive word.

Healer Gorka will heal and I thank you for your guidance to help outfit me with potions.

Gorka will start informing people about the problem so we can fix it. Gorka is good informer. If you have people Gorka should inform send Gorka a list.

- Healer Gorka

I got an Idea. but i don't wanna publish our plans on the dream realms

-James the Inconceivable

Specific tactics and number should be spread privately.

James, send us your ideas via pigeon?

Fern

I am an archer. Just inform me of where my arrows would be needed most and that is where I will go.

Regards,

Wonko

I am going to honor all orders currently placed, but I am going to offer to produce arrows at pre batch production cost until 5 gold of mine is spent.

This means even if you order arrows or bolts and I am in batch they will cost the low price of 1 silver per 20, this offer last until the cost to me is 5 gold.

-Thorador Boulderfist

I will be coming to help as well, and may be able to help a little with tactics, but as I suspect you have minds far more brilliant than my own already on it, I offer my skills as a simple fighter and the aforementioned tactic of "turn him around for me will you?"

Respectfully,
Deoman. (biata)

if you would like to suggest and talk about tactics, i would like to listen. I don't have any official position, but if we can come up with a good idea, why not?

this really doesn't seem like the type of situation where we're all going to make it out alive, so I think every Idea is worth consideration

-James the Inconceivable of Harbors Far

This sounds like something that we can not take lightly. A few high orc are going to be trouble alone, let alone defectors from Pratorak. Now take them casting unspeakable chaos, I dont care if they once were brothers or kinsmen, to shame the High Orc name like this, I dont need a polearm or weapon to rip their heads off.

Thorador- Thank you for directing me hear, my travels have not allowed for a lot of dreaming so I will take time hear and there to get a word in.

Sheriff Woods- Also because of my travels I have not been able to reply to your message I received a season ago and I expect that my reply shall get to you soon.

As Thorador stated I have joined up with Harbors Far and do to my extensive fighting background, against the corrupt and other threats, I have taken postion as Battle Commander. I hope that I can bring some new info about the corrupt as well as help to organize groups together to fight against this atrocity.

I believe we should open the dream to talks of tactics and as Sheriff Woods explained, what we all specialize in and what we as groups can bring together. Once we have an idea of our force, we can start organizing from there.

Till we fight alongside again-
Might and Honors always-

Ur'ok Kal

Ur'ok,

I thought you were a Pretorian High Orc? Don't get me wrong I'd love to hear you could fight but what about the Blood Oaths of Pretorian High Orcs? The one sworn to never raise a blade against another High Orc no matter the circumstance or clan? I mean if thats not really an issue why are the stone elves making us bleed ourselves here?

If you can fight, is it some sort of allowance based on your status as a "free" High Orc? If you can't, I guess you can still advise and plan and fight undead they have raised and corrupt that might jump in the mix.

I don't mean to put you on the spot... I just wanna know if we've got all of you or 3/4s of you.

Fern

he's Harbors Far, yo. that means he is on the side of JUSTICE!

sorry... i couldn't resist that setup

-James the Inconceivable of Harbors Far

Apologies for the curt reply, my current travels back and forth from the corrupt lines to the court of the ambassador have left me strapped for time. I will be happy to meet with those willing to participate in tactical formation prior to the battle however I feel the dream realm is not only a dangerous place for such information to pass but also wholly inefficient often seeing many nights pass before information is spread well.

Having often lead our band of adventurers in battle and having now defended these lands against the corrupt beside the Grey Blades for several years I have much wisdom to share and many plans. I am currently traveling to meet with the Stone Elf Ambassador that I might have more tactical information about the castle, it's forces and the surrounding land.

I propose a meeting of all the Guardians as well as a representative from each guild and each group of adventurers and the sheriff. I do not know your current commitments but following the setting of the sun three days hence I will be available each evening in the inn near the new barons manor. (OOG - how do people feel about meeting up on skype to sort some things out? We can then post the larger decisions, this would be a great chance for some phenomenal role play IMO)

Thorador, if you have time and could direct your attentions to both arrows and bolts this would serve well, perhaps between you and T'zoulte you might be able to produce a few strengthened shields and weapons as well. Those adventurers who find themselves lacking strengthened or spare equipment would do themselves well to acquire such. If you find yourself without the means or wherewithal to do so, please let one of the Guardians, myself or Thorador know, we will do our best to outfit you along with the promised aid from the guilds and the baron.

Alas my time for rest and dreaming is at it's end. If you have need of contacting me quickly please leave word at the Inn under paigetech (at) gmail.com or speak with D'rezz who will contact me.

I speak with the voice of experience, what we are about to attempt is a vast undertaking even for adventurors and we would do well to gird ourselves for the coming battle. Rest well and dream of victory.

May you find balance this day,
Pan Da

Ur'ok,

I thought you were a Pretorian High Orc? Don't get me wrong I'd love to hear you could fight but what about the Blood Oaths of Pretorian High Orcs? The one sworn to never raise a blade against another High Orc no matter the circumstance or clan? I mean if thats not really an issue why are the stone elves making us bleed ourselves here?

If you can fight, is it some sort of allowance based on your status as a "free" High Orc? If you can't, I guess you can still advise and plan and fight undead they have raised and corrupt that might jump in the mix.

I don't mean to put you on the spot... I just wanna know if we've got all of you or 3/4s of you.

Fern

Fern,

Yes I am a High Orc, to provide a little background.. Every summer there is a group of young High Orcs that volunteers to fight through the Valley of Solace and 5 of us with the Highest Potential are selected. After this we generally do not swear the oath of service until we resurrect from the valley and finish the training. Because I made it through the Valley, I am not sworn by any oath and am able to do what I will/must.

This being said if I am to fight against the defectors I will never be able to join the ranks in Pratorak ever again. I hope this is not taken lightly be the people of Hope's Reach. By fighting with all of you I can never go back to my home, the home that I risked my life for and reestablished some form of connection and hope with. This is a decision that I do not make lightly and one that I hope you all do not take lightly.

I have chosen to fight.

As much as it pains me to leave the place that I have called home, I have fought along side many of you. Hope's Reach is a place where I hope to call home and Harbor's Far has taken me in as a brother. I know that In order to defeat the corrupt we need to push forward instead of waiting and fighting in Pratorak and waiting for the corrupt to take us. I only hope that someday I will be recognized amongst my people not as a defector who killed his own, but as someone to take a chance to save and protect all of my brothers.

Fern, you have 150% of a blood dripping, bone breaking, JUSTICE SEEKING High Orc.
I need to go break something to calm down.
I feel slightly disturbed knowing I will never be able to go home.
Hope's Reach: you have my All.

Ur'ok

Ur'ok

I know you make this decision with a great deal of thought behind it, and I believe I have found a way for you to not abandon your home. The oath says no high orc shall raise their blade against another high orc except in self defense. The last four words are where I suggest you direct your attention. If the castle's occupants see you marching towards their castle with many enemies, they will likely attack you first. This would free you to fight back without breaking the oath, and thus allow you to join Pratorak at a later date. I admit I don't know for sure if this would work, but to allow you to help and not abandon your home, I believe it is an avenue worth exploring

Also, on the tactics note, I will not be available for a pre-siege meeting to discuss any plans, however, as it is important to stay flexible, I would enjoy helping out at the command area during siege if my opinions be welcome.

With best intentions,
Deoman. (biata)

Fern.
As you know. I will always be at your side if needed.
I am not a scholar anymore though.I am an adept.
I still have all my spells but now can be of more service defending and attacking.
I use a one handed sword and plan to use that and a dagger with florentine next market day.
I also plan on having a few back attacks and a waylay by the time i see you next.
I will try and make some extra healing potions also.
If you need anything let me know.
And if anyone ever needs help come and see me.
Good day.
Crow

Sorry kids, I don't have much time for shut eye, as my hands are pretty full between producing arrows that I've pledged previously to Fern for this siege and keeping on alert for a certain 'cuddles the troll' whom was reportedly sighted a short distance from my home. (*OOG* Sorry Paige, I don't have Skype. Another method perhaps?) But know that I look forward to strapping on my sword & armor for this siege and will be keeping a vigilant eye out for pidgeys to me (that survive my Journymans ever hungry avian raptors) regarding the battle plans.

- Tazoulti Strongbeard
(Dwarven) Master Blacksmith & Guardian of Hopes Reach

I am rather busy for the next few days, but once I am done with working on my forge I will be available to discuss plans.

-Thorador Boulderfist

(OOG: I am out of town right now, will be back in a few days, and I can skype or ventrillo or w/e)

Um, I can help out with potions- I've purchased a bunch of mortal wound curing and purification potions that I am willing to sell at purchase price (6 silver each, though a bit of profit wouldn't be bad...) to anyone who'll need them. I've also stocked up on cure light and other potions and other stuff that I could get. I've also got my light crossbow and 600 or so bolts to use in the battle, so hopefully I'll be able to help out with that.

Back