Gypsy Emboidered Peacock Coat

I've finally retired my gypsy character, and now I'm getting rid of the stuff that I can't wear as my new character, specifically this coat.
260531_1593935067466_3752602_n.jpg

247441_1593934827460_6472579_n.jpg

I sadly have only one photo of it worn, and it's blocked by other people, but you get the idea:
264756_10150243152200772_2712465_n.jpg

The applique is done in felt with contrasting thread, including gold thread. The design on the back is a Peacock, which was the family animal of my Gyspy (Xylopola), but it can be re-purposed to any Gypsy. The coat itself is a karate top which I dyed and cut apart. It is unlined, but the karate top is thick, solid canvas made to take a beating. The applique is entirely hand sewn, and I've only worn it for an event or two. It has no dust or signs of wear on it. The only thing to be careful about is the wings on the bottom with the single feathers on them are hand sewn to the inside of the main garment, and a strong yank or pull could rip them off (the repair is simple for that, though).

As far as sizing goes, I'm guessing it's a large (it no longer has it's tags). I am a 6ft tall woman with broad shoulders, so I expect it would fit anyone smaller than me.

I can't really donate it to my local chapter since it was a character item, and it would be confusing.

I'm asking $50 for it, or best offer. Feel free to PM me for more details or more photos.

Back