Had some possibly stupid idea.

Grimshaw

So I just counted up my quivers of bolts for my crossbow (65 quivers or 1300 bolts if you please) and several Ideas came to mind.

First:
I know you can only carry as many bolts as you have quiver space on your person.
From the rule book:
"Quivers: An archer may not have more arrow or bolt tags on them than they have room
for in their quivers. One quiver may hold up to 20 arrows or bolts. A quiver is defined as any
pouch or container whose dimensions are a minimum volume of 64" with no dimension
smaller than 1". A foam phys rep of a quiver may also be used. For each multiple of the maximum
quiver volume, a quiver can hold an additional 20 arrows or bolts.
You may carry as many quivers as you are able."

My question is can you pull some sort of cart (say into a major battle) to increase that carry capacity or must it be a container I can wear on my person?

Second
coatings, i.e. Vorpal, Laugh, Weakness, etc.
How far does a single dose go? Does it cover one bolt or one quiver(or less). I ask only because I have seen other archers who have quivers(big S) of Vorpal coated arrows. and if each bolt requires one coating that just seems a little cost prohibitive, as one quiver of vorpal coated bolts would cost 20 gold plus production cost of the bolts.

Third
Can I apply Slipperiness or Stickiness to bolts? if so what would that do to the target? Would the Slipperiness act like a disarm and the Stickiness like an Entangle?

Thanks for your time.

James "Grimshaw" Ferguson

Mispost, please delete.

1. In theory, you can have this cart as long as you take the new quiver rep from the cart and have it on your person when you utilize it.

2. If you order it from an alchemist during logistics time and they have a workshop, they can coat two arrows/bolts with one coating.

3. That's not how those work. By the rulebook, those are contact poisons, not weapon costings. Meaning the second they are applied, they are active. The moment you pulled an active arrow/bolt from your quiver, it would be stuck to your hand or drop from it.

That said, I'm sure a Master Alchemist could eventually develop a LCO alt recipe with a similar event.

"That said, I'm sure a Master Alchemist could eventually develop a LCO alt recipe with a similar event."

I APPROVE! WHY IS THIS NOT HAPPENING?!?!?!?!?!?!? LOL

There is nothing written that says you cannot use an arrow that someone else is carrying. As such, you could have a cart full of arrows that you pull arrows from and fire.

Back