Healer's Guild Building

Okay. So as some of you may know (those of you who play characters that are invested in the Earth Circle) the healers guild is raunchy. It stinks of animal urine and I'm pretty sure the insulation in the ceiling has molded or rotted and is going to cause us all harm at some point in time (or at least those of us allergic to mold). Even though I do not play a healer in the healer's guild, I would love to help some people fix this issue. This is what needs to be done:

1. Remove material stapled to the ceiling. This will required long sleeved shirts, masks, goggles, necks covered, gloves, etc.
2. Remove insulation and put it in heavy guage black construction garbage bags.
3. bleach the bajeebus out of the building
4. possibly scrape the roof (depends on how much damage the moss has done)

I went in there for a few minutes while we were on site for our vacation and I could hardly stand to be in there. At this time I'm not even sure I could handle the 20 minutes it would take for one of my characters to rez in there.

So, I would like volunteers who would like to spend some extra time on a Friday before game doing this. With 5 or so people working on it I think we could have it done in 2 - 3 hours. Please email me at: deadlandsdonations@gmail.com so we can coordinate this. Thanks!!

being that 60 people have read this thread and you're the only one that responded it might just be you and me jeremy. i know that melissa said she would help if she was there and mike (my mike) will help probably if i twist his arm and stuff. mike and i are taking the 5th of july off to get to camp a day early to help fix the healers guild building. let me know if you're available then.

Deb, you're always a sure thang HEHEH! I was just hoping for more "outside" help from people who actually use the building. The date has been set for July 6, 2012. Deadlands is that weekend. Mike and I will be arriving on July 5th and will be starting work on the Healer's Guild on the 6th whenever I decide to roll out of bed (now that I have a bed to roll out of at camp) :D

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help with it. Don't forget people, lots of work always needs to be done at the camp site.

It would be awesome if we could nail down a small engine repair shop to work on the shower too but that's another subject entirely.

Jena,

I'll try and get the 6th off from work so I can get up there early and help out. Thanks for taking point on this!

~Stacey

No problem. I would like to do everything but one building at a time and we'll have an awesome-er camp to be at. I think the healer's guild could even sleep two or three people if it were cleaned out and maybe a bench/platform bed installed in there. Do one thing at a time though, that's the Dinotopian way. July 6th! See you all there!!

we are almost done with the clean up from the other building.....hopefully by Sunday it will just be a dirt spot with the rebuild starting in June if all goes well.
Time and weather providing. Yea it takes time and one building at a time it will take more than one season but it will be worth it.

Mark is taking point on the shower thing.....almost forgot about that.

Glad you stated your concerns Jena, been wanting to take care of this ever since I put that window in (and I forget when that was lol). I'm wondering tho if a vinegar/water solution (or an enzymatic cleaner more suited for urea) should be used instead of bleach (at least this time). Worried about the potential ammonia content of whatever may be in there. I know most will be gone once the fabric and insulation are out but still...

I'm down with vinegar or whatever. I have no problem with whatever we want to use. I actually read an article lately on Hydrogen Peroxide being better than anything out there for cleaning, etc. Aparently some hospitals use it? I am not sure if that is true or not, but ya never know.

Thank you for jumping on this Jena! Really, Thank You!

Unfortunately I can't attend earlier than normal due to work, but I will gladly help out by awarding gobbies or something to those who actually make a difference helping with this issue! :)

That said, I think the mattress in there probably needs to be thrown out. I'm pretty sure that's where the mold/mildew is coming from mostly!

Hugs and Peroxide for All!

~Jaimi

If you still need help, i will arrive early to site and will be able to help as needed. Let me know so i can plan on a time.

~Sam

ANY help would be awesome. July 6th I will be there already so whenever you guys arrive I'll try to have the garbage bags and vinegar and spray bottles ready...bring a long sleeve shirt. I'll try to have masks and gloves for everyone too. very important to not get this stuff on you when we start taking it down.

Didn't see that you set the date for the 6th... I was thinking today I would be able to get there early. Unfortunity I have to work that day, so I will not be able to help. Sorry!!! :(

I got 4 sets of goggles, 4 pair of rubber work gloves, 10 masks

can someone donate the purchase of the:

heavy duty contractor garbage bags

vinegar or hydrogen peroxide

spray bottles

See you all in July!!!

I'm a wicked dip apprently. I was thinking June 6th Hahah. I can get there early and help out on July 6th...
Which means if you prelogist I will be there early.. and people can check in sooner!!! Wink wink wink nudge for everyone.... :):)

heh...you said dip...anyways...sounds good we'll see you there

Back