Hello everyone!

Frayten

Greetings and well met!

I just wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself to everyone since I'm new here.

My name is Mike I currently live in Beaverton, I work as a Paramedic in Washington county. I moved to Oregon last September, and I have been looking for a group of people to role play with. I've wanted to get back into a LARP for many years, but never seemed to find the time/money. I plan on changing that.

I've got a long history of gaming starting with D&D when I was younger and moving primarily into the White Wolf system for a very long time. I was involved in one of the largest independently ran White Wolf LARPs in Michigan. I have since cut ties with that group due to unfortunate levels of drama that are inherent in the late teens and early 20's.

I also have built and practiced with boffer swords for a long while but never in a game setting more of just my friends and I pummeling each other for the sheer joy of it. (I'm a bit rusty at this point).

Anyways I look forward to meeting any people that live around the Portland area my schedule is quite erratic, but weekends are generally bad for me.

I'm about a 1/3 of the way through the rule book at this point, and have a friend who is interested in learning more as well.

Hope to year from all of you soon

Welcome to Alliance LARP, Mike!

The closest chapters to you are the Oregon and Seattle chapters, with second place and third place going to San Francisco and Calgary. Be sure and check in on the OOG boards there, and find contact info for your local New Player Contact staff members, and check out the events calendar to see when the next game is that you might be able to attend!

Your best bet starting out, to get a feel for the play of the game, the rules in practice, and a general sense of the culture of your local chapters and how you fit in, is to try your hand at NPCing first. It's free (or possibly a small membership fee, maybe like five bucks? Ten?), it requires you to bring nothing more than some black clothes and possibly your camping gear and toiletries, and it's an awesome way to make friends with people out-of-game as well as earn benefits toward your first player character.

I hope you find what you're looking for in our game! I know I did when I first started out. Perhaps I'll see you someday myself, maybe at a National Event or a cross-country chapter hop. Good luck and have fun!

I sent a request to join the Oregon chapter's Facebook just waiting for the approval. I live right outside of Portland so it's just a train ride in.

Thanks for the warm welcomes :)

Looks like the next event close to me is the end of August in Seattle so I'm going to try to make it there.

Thanks again,

Mike Start

Hello Mike. I already responded to your post on the Alliance Oregon Facebook page but I will respond here as well. :)

My name is Rick, I am the Alliance Oregon New Player Representative and I also live in Beaverton. I would not mind at all sitting down, spending some time with you and discussing the game and answering any of your questions. This is exactly what I did before I started playing so this is really just paying it forward. :thumbsup:

Send me a PM here or on FB and we can start figuring out the specifics.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Back