Help Requested - Alliance Family Member in Need

Morganne

Fighter
Hello Alliance!

I'm writing you today with my Crossroads GM cap firmly in place rather than as a representative from National. Today I'm approaching you to ask for your help, as the Crossroads Chapter formally establishes a relief fund to help the family of an Alliance player unexpectedly hit with a very serious medical condition.

Scott Auden has been a member of our community for years, enriching the lives of many players and staffers with his intense performances, dedication to story and great spirit of fun. Today he is in the hospital, two weeks after an emergency brain surgery that left him first comatose and now embarking on what promises to be a very long and difficult road to recovery.

We have created a web page and a Relief Fund to sponsor one of his family's monthly utility bills that they might not otherwise be able to pay while he is unable to work - and this may be for a long time to come. We are today asking our Alliance Family to come together again to support one of our own, and donate anything you might be able to personally afford to help his family get through this very difficult time. Every small donation goes a long way toward helping hit our goal.

Please visit our website to learn more about Scott and the full situation, and to donate if you are able. Thank you in advance for your empathy and generosity in supporting a member of our community.

http://www.alliancecrossroads.com/p...ck-to-our-community/auden-family-relief-fund/

Thank you for making this and posting this. Scott Auden is such an incredibly talented and awesome guy -- it's always so hard to see something like this happen to a man and his family who absolutely don't deserve it, but his recovery is a credit to his strength.

I'm super-thrilled to get to add to this thread:

When you go to the website to check this out, you'll see that Alliance Crossroads is offering GS in return for donations for this cause.

Alliance CT has just formally jumped onboard with us, and will be matching the GS offered by Alliance Crossroads! In addition, all donations that are received by the end of June will also get the donor entered in a raffle for one of their Tier 5 Wellfire packages.

Thank you, CT, for getting behind this project. And a HUGE thank you to all the people that have donated so far, and to those that will be donating in the future. Your generosity is astounding!!

For those that aren't on our Facebook page... a "thank you" from Heather Auden.

Dear Christina and Alliance Crossroads Members,

I cannot begin to express to you the gratitude my family shares for your kindness and generosity during such a difficult time. Scott has told many stories of your group and the wonderful people in it, but I could never have imagined the selflessness and sense of community you all share.

Your extremely generous outpouring of help will ensure that my children will be warm this winter and I can’t tell you the weight that takes off of my and Scott’s shoulders.

Your warmth makes clear that not only will Scott be welcomed back with open arms but I understand Plot is working on a cool explanation for his absence and subsequent deficiencies. I know he’s excited to show off his head scar.

We hope Scott will be in good enough shape to attend the childrens’ event in July and perhaps we can help to contribute to the next generation of LARPers.

Who knows? Perhaps I’ll even don some horns and pick up my first foam sword so I can meet, (and vanquish) some of you in person.

Again, a thousand “Thank yous” to all of you.

Sincerely,

Heather Auden

If you haven't yet donated, but still want to - it's not too late! Hit up the website above, we're keeping this fund open for a good while to continue helping out the family while Scott recovers.

Back