High Magic 5-day limit

Polare

Count
Evan asked this question on the national forums:

"Has there been, at any time, a vote/decision to modify HM limitations on skills like Cloak/Bane/Magic Aug/Elemental Aug to "at a time" instead of "per 5 days," allowing players with reserve HM points to re-purchase expended HM at the next logistics period?"

Contrary to what I had been told in the past (and what I ruled for Seattle some time ago), there has never been any official clarification or change released stating this. I was wrong :(. Moving forward, Seattle will stick with the established written policy for High Magic in that for any 5-day period High Magic with specific limitations (cloak/bane mostly) used slots cannot be "refilled" even if you have spare HM points.

Very sorry for the confusion!

-Bryan Gregory
Alliance Seattle Head of Rules

So how do we get this changed, if only at a local level?

Yeah, usually I've got a good idea of what's what, but I was like "Oh, I'm not sure that "Matt said this one time" is a good reason for an ARC question," but now that I know this was all your fault, I feel better about it.

To answer Ben's question, we can't actually change this locally. The best thing we can do is try to get Bond or Cymryc to push for a vote to change it nationally (preferably before they release v1.2 so that it makes it into the new book).

obcidian said:
Yeah, usually I've got a good idea of what's what, but I was like "Oh, I'm not sure that "Matt said this one time" is a good reason for an ARC question," but now that I know this was all your fault, I feel better about it.

To answer Ben's question, we can't actually change this locally. The best thing we can do is try to get Bond or Cymryc to push for a vote to change it nationally (preferably before they release v1.2 so that it makes it into the new book).

I've already brought it to Bond. He's acknowledged my proposal, so he'll do what he does. :)

Back