[.11] Higher Manifestation School Question

Discussion in '{Archived} Alliance Rules 2.0 Playtesting' started by Muir, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Muir

Muir Fighter

So, an edge question. Is this a General ability? Assuming I'm playing a dual-school caster with Celestial formal magic levels and both an Earth channeling pool and a Celestial channeling pool, am I allowed to take the Higher Manifestation High Magic applied to the Earth pool?

Fun character planning thoughts. :)

2. Tantarus

Tantarus Squire

Along these lines, does Improved channeling apply to both sides if you have earth and celestial channeling?

Muir and Feldor like this.
  3. Christopher

Christopher Newbie

I asked the same question about Higher Manifestation and the people I spoke with seemed to think you would need earth high magic to channel earth/chaos and celestial high magic to channel SLIF.
    However the wording "A character with this High Magic may Channel a specific Channeling element valid for their Channeling pool" does only specify valid channeling and nothing about schools of high magic.
    I would also be very interested in an ARC answer to this.

To the question of improved channeling
    Improved Channeling - 5 XP (Scholar), 100 Scholarly XP per purchase, Passive - Each purchase of this skill allows a character's Channeling Pool maximum value to be increased by 10 points per packet. This skill can be purchased only once for every 100 XP spent in Scholarly Skills.
    I assume if you have both schools of channeling they are both improved.

4. Draven

Draven Count Seattle Staff Marshal

I would assume HM is Aspect specific, as would be thematically consistent in our system.

5. MaxIrons

MaxIrons Squire Seattle Staff Oregon Staff Marshal

Yeah, I suspect that's a RAI / RAW issue, as it has come up with other similar general high magic before and that's always been the clarification.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  6. Muir

Muir Fighter

Given that everything aspect specific in the old high magic explicitly says so, I figure an official answer is needed rather than assuming intent.

No skin off my nose either way, of course. :)