[.11] Higher Manifestation School Question

Muir

Fighter
Higher Manifestation (3 High Magic points per purchase, Passive): A character with this High Magic may Channel a specific Channeling element valid for their Channeling pool without using a Relic or Wand in that hand. This means that they may Channel while holding an object (such as a weapon or shield) in their off hand. The hand selected to use Higher Manifestation must be marked with a symbol at least 1" x 1" on the back of the hand or a glove worn on that hand. Costs 3 High Magic points; this may be purchased multiple times to allow for multiple elements. Higher Manifestation may *not* be used in conjunction with a Wand or Relic; if a Wand or Relic is used, only elements appropriate to that focus may be manifested. While it lasts, this High Magic may be invoked every time the character Channels at the character’s choice. A character need not have any Focus on their person to Channel while using this ability. Lasts 5 days or until resurrection.

So, an edge question. Is this a General ability? Assuming I'm playing a dual-school caster with Celestial formal magic levels and both an Earth channeling pool and a Celestial channeling pool, am I allowed to take the Higher Manifestation High Magic applied to the Earth pool?

Fun character planning thoughts. :)

I asked the same question about Higher Manifestation and the people I spoke with seemed to think you would need earth high magic to channel earth/chaos and celestial high magic to channel SLIF.
However the wording "A character with this High Magic may Channel a specific Channeling element valid for their Channeling pool" does only specify valid channeling and nothing about schools of high magic.
I would also be very interested in an ARC answer to this.

To the question of improved channeling
Improved Channeling - 5 XP (Scholar), 100 Scholarly XP per purchase, Passive - Each purchase of this skill allows a character's Channeling Pool maximum value to be increased by 10 points per packet. This skill can be purchased only once for every 100 XP spent in Scholarly Skills.
I assume if you have both schools of channeling they are both improved.

I would assume HM is Aspect specific, as would be thematically consistent in our system.

Yeah, I suspect that's a RAI / RAW issue, as it has come up with other similar general high magic before and that's always been the clarification.

Last edited:
I would assume HM is Aspect specific, as would be thematically consistent in our system.

Given that everything aspect specific in the old high magic explicitly says so, I figure an official answer is needed rather than assuming intent.

No skin off my nose either way, of course. :)

Back