How Dare you...

How dare you do this to us! The vengeance of the Corrupt will reign down on you in a way that you will never forget. Your people have only made things worse. The more you strike us down the stronger we will return. In time, you will all fall. You only delay the inevitable, and the inevitable is now.

- Coatl
SoMN Plot Staff

Somehow, I reckon that the Coatl might be upset with us.

I might be wrong, though.

But then again, he might be as well.

May the Light blind him, the Shadow hide his path, his Words have Weakness, and his Memories be Useless,
~ Gandian Ravenscroft

What have we done to it recently?

Briar of First Forest

I'm slightly confused, what exactly is this Coatl creature?

-Thorgrim Stoneaxe of the Runebinder Clan

He's this ugly little corrupt creature. Shows up nearly every market day. He always loses and is pretty sore about it. Only thing that he's any good at is running away.

Hunter Davion
On vacation in sunny elf lands.

Quick, everybody do the Coatl waddle....

Sounds like someone wants to die to our hands again.

-Kendra Boulderfist

He's just yelling, I thought those corrupt guys don't come out during the Respite?

-Jehyu

The Coatl itself isn't technically one of the corrupt. At least not to my knowledge. I would doubt he is bound by such things, this along with a few other insights leads me to warn all of you to be on your guard at all times this next gathering. Thorgrim, the Coatl is an ally of the corruption I would be more than happy to explain more thoroughly when next we meet. To the rest of you, taunt him all you like but he still manages to slip through our fingers. And to the Coatl, if you are paying attention to this I would challenge you to a fair fight, you almost gave me that chance when last we met but each time you ended our fight short with magic to keep me at bay. To be honest I'm just curious if I could beat you blade to claw or not.

-York Winters

For zhe newer adventurers, zhe Coatl is actually a creature indiginous to zhe plains vhere the Sarr and High Orgres dvell. Ve adventurers vere called there by zhe prince himself early zhis adventuring season to take care of a great corrupt node. Zhere zhe Sarr elder, skilled in zhe use of battle magic, told the adventurers present about a great beast. She described a flightless beast vith great vings. It's vings vere described as nearly impervious to veapons of all kinds. Despite its vings, the beast actually more closely resembled a reptile. Zhis beast vas known as zhe Coatl, and it had been most recently seen fighting alongside zhe corrupt, its flesh riddled vith zhe typical markings of zhe corrupt. Since zhen, zhe adventurers have encountered zhe Coatl zhree times zhat I can recall. Two times, ve sent zhe Coatl back to zhe veave, its body broken. Despite vhat zhe sheriff may zhink, zhe Coatl is not an enemy to fight alone. I should hope however, zhat zhe Coatl remembers me for its last defeat.

Roy Gallentine

The Coatl is a corrupt, just as the Researcher, the Archiver, the Golems of Node Raising, and the Black Women are corrupt. Just because creatures have a hive mind doesn't mean there aren't individuals.

Hunter Davion,
Resting beside a hidden glade

As Davion stated, the Coatl is a corrupt, just a greater or different form of corrupt.

-Thorador Boulderfist

Adventurers of Shademarch,

In this time of rememberance, it would be wise to remember that not everyone is fully knowledgeable as to the ways and means of the corrupt.

After breakfast on Saturday morning, there will be a brief informational session provided for those whom are interested in broadening their knowledge and understanding hosted at the local tavern sponsored by the Royal Celestial Guild of Gaden.

May the Light guide you and may Shadow guard your path.

Arcanist Dure'dhel
Warlock of the Royal Celestial Guild of Gaden

But does anyone know what has recently happened to piss him off? Not that it isn't a good thing to fight him and kill him if we can. But I am confused as to the why.

May your life be in harmony,

Skye Nevermore

Maybe he just figured out what the insults people yelled at him the last time we met mean?

-Jehyu

You're words are but air and worth less than the air you speak them with. You will feel a brief pain and then there will be silence. Silence as the corrupt fill this land and make order out of chaos. You cannot escape the inevitable. All will be one.

- Coatl
SoMN Plot Staff

Even you are different from the other corrupt. Are you truly one? Are you enjoying your Respite? or do you intend to end it early this year?

-Gorka

*Dark Distant Whinnying*

Retreat into your keeps and hovels. I will ride you into dust. Trampling upon your bones. You speak of killing. You have yet to kill me. Or Coatl. Learn to claim victory only when it is earned. You do not earn it. My grove dances with power yet again. I. Thank. You.

*Clattering of Hooves*

There was once good within you Unicorn, and there still is. You were once a being of purity, you can still cleanse yourself of the taint. I know there is good within you still, why else would you have given back those you defeated in battle, without sending them back to their circle? You spared me. You had me, you had others, but you threw us back to my comrades. I haven't forgotten.

-Asher

I may be wrong in this but there might be a possiblity that some creatures aren't under the full influence of the corrupt?
Iganeous

Back