Humans

Agreed. Wake up in the morning, no makeup on the pillow. Just make sure you're cleanshaven, otherwise they might think you're a dwarf...

Aren't you all a little old to believe in human tales?

Human's don't feel anything, they're numb from the brain down!

Humans? They walk around wearing bad shorts saying "Hi Helen!"

:lol: someone watches to much Fern Gully!!!! :mrgreen:

Ren Suzume said:
Aren't you all a little old to believe in human tales?

Human's don't feel anything, they're numb from the brain down!

Humans? They walk around wearing bad shorts saying "Hi Helen!"

Wait, humans have brains?

Oh... wait again... that was my IG thought... sorry Ahurak *ducks*

Not sure most of us do anyway though...

MKing said:
That happens to be one of the greatest films of all time. Along with Apocalypse Now and The Muppets Treasure Island.

Ren Suzume said:
MKing said:
That happens to be one of the greatest films of all time. Along with Apocalypse Now and The Muppets Treasure Island.

Fern Gully, Apocalypse Now, and the Muppets Treasure Island...

"Which one of these things is not like the other?"

whorfin said:
Ren Suzume said:
MKing said:

Fern Gully, Apocalypse Now, and the Muppets Treasure Island...

"Which one of these things is not like the other?"
Um... The Muppets Treasure Island. It has Tim Curry as a pirate in it.

Fern Gulley has Tim Curry as the sludge monster. Apocolypse Now is the only one he's not in.

I have to say though I've always sort of wished that Humans had some kind of benefit like in D&D they get that extra feat... but whatever, the no-makeup requirement is convenient

*Edited because apparently people can't deal with small mis-spellings and have to jump all over them...

Yay three footed humans! (Feat is the word... not feet, jeez, don't they require you college kids to know how to spell? :p )
Humans are okay, but I find them too like myself to get into any mood to play them.

I play ALOT of different larps and many of the newer progressive ones do offer humans racial bonuses in one way or another..

some give humans 1/2 off the first purchase of some skills or they can buy other skills cheaper or can ONLY play certain classes (game depending of course) I wouldn't mind humans getting some sort of leg up.

but I also think all the races should be scrubbed through and re-done completely.

*bit of a rant
I'm just going to ignore the comment about spelling because I don't think it was meant as nastily as it came across. I have a personal slight dyslexia that causes me to mix up words now and again and its frustrating when people find it enjoyable to yell and point when they find the least little thing to comment on...
*end of rant

I do like the idea that humans get the bonus of being flexible in many other games. I can't imagine it would be all that hard or un-fair to implement this. Perhaps give them one skill of choice half off. So like human scholars could wield weapons more easily. Human fighters could Read & Write better exe exe...

Humans have two advantages already... They don't have to buy any racials and they are not prohibited from purchasing any non-racial skill in the game...

Add to that no racial prosthetics/makeup

I think those should count as advantages... maybe not hefty ones, but advantages nonetheless

It is a fact that makeup requirements were officially taken into account as disadvantages for that race when racial benefits were determined.

For humans to have advantages, they'd have to have disadvantages. They currently don't. They were designed to be that way. IMO, there should be a "neutral" race that has no plusses nor minuses in relation to rules.

Scot

Back