I don't know how to camp

Saro

Artisan
I've never been camping anywhere but my backyard, how do I food? Like cook, keep fresh etc.

Kierra/Pete/Im on the verge of an identity crisis lol

Food, a cooler with ice will do pretty well although you want to mainly focus on foods that are not perishable.

Cooking, open fire works as do basic grill set ups. I am sure a few of us will bring grills or atleast cook meshes you place over an open fire.

I would not panic! Its really not that hard. Just plan ahead. People almost certainly will go into to town to buy things at some point. And I am sure you can grab a ride at that point to grab food.

I wouldn't worry about cooking if you don't have any experience with it at a campsite. Get a cooler, put sandwich making stuff in it and drinks. Call it good.
This isn't survival camping, as Rob said, you can go into town for every meal if you want.

Big things are to make sure you will be warm and dry when you sleep. Tent, sleeping bag, cot/air mattress.
Everything else can be dealt with.

-Joe

Bring your tent and sleeping bag. Food plan on cold stuff or snacking. Always good to plan on making your tent first because it can be hard for the first time building it.

Back