IG Board

jwconvery

Spellsword
Are they intended to provide communication with NPCs?

Obviously we can talk among the PCs, and respond to rumors/announcements from plot.

Can we reach out to merchants/nobles/enemies through that board, or is it intended solely for PC communication, and one-way plot information delivery?

Trying to contact Hawok is what brought this to mind.

-Joe

Not every NPC is going to check/care about 'the dreamrealm' but do they have access to it?

For example can the Lich see Cyn's offer? Obviously he doesn't need to respond.

-Joe

Let me follow up on this a bit.

Not all Npcs are capable of seeing the message boards. The ones that do, may not see every message, or may not care to respond, or may not have time. Sometimes communications is just one way, the rumor posts are good examples of this. As well as things like decrees from nobles, etc. Bad guys may post but, very rarely will respond or read other messages. The intent is to not punish players for engaging in between games.

Your best bet if you're trying to get a hold of someone is to go to them in game, followed by an ibga (I know we don't have a policy posted right now).

The forums until very recently haven't been active. I'm glad to see that has started to change. If you want a chance to have interactions with npcs over the forums more, that is something we can probably do. (Previously, it was a waste of time).

Thanks Chris. That clears it up for me.

Back