In and around cabin 3 (open-ended)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyra

Artisan
Kai tosses and turns in her bunk, trying to nap during the afternoon but finding herself extremely restless. She shifts again and finds herself staring across the isle-way at Darian's empty bunk. She huffs a moody sigh and turns over, this time with her face to the wall. Why do they have to be so distracting, she wonders. The warmer summer weather seems to be making her blood boil, and she sits up a moment to peal off her rabbit fur vest. Ears brushing the underside of the other bunk, her thoughts turn to her charming upstairs neighbor, Evo. She chews her lower lip in thought as she hangs her vest on the hook. What is wrong with me? I never remember being so hot and bothered during the summer as a youth. Perhaps that would be part of the problem, for with the passing of this last month (and another denning day) she is no longer a youth, but an adult. She tosses and turns again, mind as restless as her body. Is that what Kumari meant about things changing in the spring? I wish she was around to ask, but I suppose that would be a two edged sword of it's own. She spends a long moment envisioning the lively Sarr's pretty face, and sighs again. Finally she drags herself from the bunk, "f--- this" she mutters. "I might as well get something done."

She gathers up an armload of her alchemy supplies, and heads out to the deck. Getting settled in a spot in the sun, she turns her attention to her work. While producing alchemy isn't hard, it takes a certain amount of focus, and the detailed task calms her agitation as her pile of elixirs swells.

(A few days later)
*Kai lies is her bed, tossing and turning again. She is trapped in the nightmare, again.*

She is cowering in the corner beside her bunk, her heart pounding as she frantically sorts through her alchemy and magic items. There has to be something here that will help, even something to buy a little time. Suddenly, the door bursts open with a gust of wind, and Mobeus steps in. She screams, and backs into the wall. The unnatural wind surrounds the powerful mage, whips at his hair and clothing. His robes billow out around him like a specter of death, and he roars "did you REALLY think your pitiful magics could keep me out?" She begs, "please, Mobues, no!" He strides towards her, and in desperation she screams out the incant "with mystic force I web you!" She flings the magic from her hand, and it hits him squarely in the chest. For a split second his expression changes, soften to confusion, and disbelief. Then, to her horror, the magic reflects and webs her instead. Inside the cocoon of webbing she starts to cry as he raises his staff for the killing blow....

She awakens to a scream from her own throat. Tears are freely running down both cheeks and she is crunched back into the furthest corner of her bunk. She wipes her face and peeks out of her bunk, to find her cabin mates have already gotten up and started their days. Still dressed only in her nightgown, she hastily grabs her things, slinging bags over her shoulders. She can still smell her own blood, wafting up from where she died. Loaded with all her possessions, she hobbles awkwardly down the path, retreating to one of the safest places she can think of.

Shuffling through the door, she sets her things in a heap. She places her bedroll on the giant pile of clean straw, and then walks over to pet Morgan's pony on the nose. "I hope you are having a better morning than I am," she muses sadly. The familiar equine nose-bumps her empty paw. "Yes yes, how could I forget." She retrieves a carrot from her stash, and feeds it to her slightly pushy friend. A noise from behind startles her, and she turns to find another horse she has met in the stall behind her. "Oh, didn't know you were here." Not knowing this black horse as well, she declines to pet it's nose, at least for now. "At least I know I'm in good company." She makes her way back to her bedroll, (more of a bed-nest in it's current disarray) crawls in and curls up to sleep.

(OOG- Mods please close this thread, since I can't figure out how to change the title.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back