in faybridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechtofd

Artisan
Mar dismounts his horse approaching the first elf he can find "excuse me could you direct me to the nearest center of scholarly study?" he asks warmly holding the horses reigns carefully

“The Scholar’s Guild you ask, that is information, and information costs coin, hehe,” comes the reply from an elf passing by.

"I'll pay a copper now if you show me the way a silver on arrival" mar replies smiling slightly his eyes watching for any sign of deception

"Hmm fare enough, this way." After taking the copper from you he leads you into the forested city. The main road passes through the middle of the city. In the center of the city you come to another set of gates that are open for all to come and go. Under the watchful eyes of the guards you enter the inner-city. A towering building rests in the center with five large building arranged around it. Leading you to the second building on the right, "here we are, that'll be one silver," holding out his hand.

mar smiles and hands him the coin "its worth a couple extra copper if you give me directions to the nearest inn with a stable" he adds realising he hadn't thought of where to put his horse while he was talking with the scholars.

"You mean the two dozen inns and stables you passed as you entered the city?" Shaking his head as he walks away, "one born every second."

Mar rolls his eyes and heads off to stable his horse before later returning to the scholars guild and entering stopping by the first person he can find "excuse me i'm looking for an expert on ancient runes" he says softly doing his best to be respectfull.

At the front desk the clerk not bothering to look up from his ledger asks, "What kind of rune? Elemental, Racial, Clan based, Necrotic, Goblinoid, Sultarian, Celestial, Earth, Fey, or Arcane?"

"Celestial I think" mar replies taking out the drawing "it was identified by a friend at the calanhelm arcane sanctum but the only information he had to offer was that its an ancient elven rune well ancient by my races standards"

Looking up from his writing the elf looks at the drawing. "Celestial Elven you say." Glancing at you for the first time, "And I take it you're not a member of the Scholars Guild. It'll be a 3 silver piece deposit to research the rune plus an additional 3 copper a day for research time."

"understood i have to leave in a couple weeks to return to my home" he says warmly handing over the 3 silver deposit "and heres the name of where i'm staying" he says writing down the inns name.

"And you are?" Taking the drawing, the coin and the note with the inn address.

Mar chuckles "my absent mind strikes again my name is mar its a pleasure to do buisiness with you" he says bowing slightly.

A few days after you leave your deposit and the picture of the tattoo on your neck, a scribe comes looking for you at the address of the tavern you are staying at.

“Are you Mar?” Pausing a moment. “I bring a message the Scholars Guild. They do not wish to continue with your request for information, here is you deposit back. Please leave Faybridge.”

Not waiting for a reply, the scribe turns and leaves.

Mar pauses looking at the coin in disbelief "what the....what in the realms would posses them to turn aside my coin with no explanation" he says softly turning over the coins in his hand. Mar puts the coins away and heads for the scholars guild " I don't mean to be rude by why was my request denied?" He asks softly "I need to know what this rune is so I can figure out what it's doing on my neck"

You are not even aloud to enter the doors to the Guild Hall before you or stopped by guards. "It has been asked that you leave Faybridge. Your money has been returned to you. Please leave before we are forced to evict you from the city."

Mar sighs "fine" he says softly returning to his horse and heading out it was confusing for him the previous hospitality that he'd been shown contrasted with being thrown out of the city "best return to the breach i guess" he says softly caressing his horses main and once outside the city limits taking off in a gallop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back