In Memory of Lok

During the Afternoon before the Ritual of rememberance, I will be hosting a meal where we of Harbors Far are going to be remembering Lok. normally we would be selling sandwiches, instead Lok is providing food for whoever comes. if you wish to donate something, it will all end up going back to the people as part of our school house that will be finished, but donations are not necessary. we will tell stories of our brother. We will be providing food and wine for all who wish to take part as long as you will remember our brother fondly. This Banquet is open to everyone, I invite Farmers, Carpenters, Masons, Kobolds, anyone who wishes some food. In memory of Lok, a great friend, a true leader and someone who always did what was right.

Take care big brother, i will miss you.

-James the Inconceivable of Harbors Far

Hello James.
Can you tell me what happened to Lok?
I didn't know he died.
He was a great warrior and an even better story teller.
Know he will be missed.
Crow

He was enslaved by the Rahksasha and turned against the town as a powerful undead. It was a sad day... The power of dragon magic is terrifying indeed.

-Thorador Boulderfist

the saddest thing about it is that there was a way to reverse the transformation and get him back...

we told the story in the dreamscapes of all of fortannis

the last announcement I have is that there were a few people interested in becoming a part of our brotherhood, during this ceremony we will induct anyone who wishes to be a part. The only requirement to becoming a member is to drink some of our ancestral wine and take an oath of brother/sisterhood. No one has to join, there is just an opportunity if anyone would wish.

-James the inconceivable of Harbors Far

dragonfire8974 said:
the saddest thing about it is that there was a way to reverse the transformation and get him back...

we told the story in the dreamscapes of all of fortannis

James,

Once a spirit is so tainted, such as when one becomes a greater undead, there truly is no going back. You may have gotten Lok back in body, but his spirit would never have been the same. Only lesser taint, such as being turned into a skeleton, can be purified, and that only through the fires of resurrection.

Brother Eric Marsters
Brotherhood of the Light

We were told by others at the gathering that had much experience that there is a ritual scroll called "Gift of Life" that is able to undo greater undead transformations, and return him to being a human. And as it was not his choice to be turned and was enslaved, I assume the enslavement could have been removed, as others that were enslaved were saved, I would think he would be his normal self if we had succeeded at casting this ritual on him.

-Thorador Boulderfist

Thorador said:
We were told by others at the gathering that had much experience that there is a ritual scroll called "Gift of Life" that is able to undo Lichdom, and return him to being a human. And as it was not his choice to be turned and was enslaved, I assume the enslavement could have been removed, as others that were enslaved were saved, I would think he would be his normal self if we had succeeded at casting this ritual on him.

-Thorador Boulderfist

Thorador,

A Gift of Life would have restored his body, yes. His spirit though... it would still carry the taint of having been undead, of having cast necromancy. He would have carried the memories of those innocents he slaughtered as a lich as well. Such is taint one cannot get rid of.

Brother Eric Marsters
Brotherhood of the Light

Possibly, I know not, and truth be told I feel we shall never know. Personally, I think after experiencing being forcefully turned into an undead one may be racked with guilt and anguish, but would be able to recover oneself in time as one accepts that it was not himself that did those terrible acts, but the Rahksasha. And for the record no innocents were slaughter'd or even harmed by Lok's hand.

-Thorador Boulderfist

EricMarsters said:
Thorador,

A Gift of Life would have restored his body, yes. His spirit though... it would still carry the taint of having been undead, of having cast necromancy. He would have carried the memories of those innocents he slaughtered as a lich as well. Such is taint one cannot get rid of.

Brother Eric Marsters
Brotherhood of the Light

say what you want about the dead, for they cannot contradict you. Say what you want about my brother who you have never met and who you have never known, but remember how you have assuned the worst of a great man who wished to help the common people and searched for justice for all.

oh... And no, he did not call upon chaos.

I will be there for the feast and to remember Lok!

dragonfire8974 said:
EricMarsters said:
Thorador,

Brother Eric Marsters
Brotherhood of the Light

say what you want about the dead, for they cannot contradict you. Say what you want about my brother who you have never met and who you have never known, but remember how you have assuned the worst of a great man who wished to help the common people and searched for justice for all.

oh... And no, he did not call upon chaos.

James,

I will attend your memorial to honor the man Lok. However, you cannot assume that the lich that once was Lok would not have cast chaos to heal itself, just as one of us would call upon the Earth to heal ourselves. I do not assume the worst of the man known as Lok. I assume the worst of a lich. Once Lok's mind was taken by the raksasha to serve his means, he was no longer Lok, but an extension of the raksasha. Once he became a lich, the little bit of him that was left in that shell of a body was forever corrupted by chaos, never to be the same Lok that you knew and loved again. Part of why I am coming to Gaden is to see if another adventurer, Mr. Ravenscroft, has the same taint upon his essence.

I hope this explans a bit better my view on this. I would be happy to explain further in person if you'd like, or in the dreamrealm, whichever you prefer.

Brother Eric Marsters
Brotherhood of the Light

Eric,

If Lok's companions wish to discuss magical theory as it relates to the undead I am certain they will seek you out.
Until then, I ask you to respectfully leave off this talk of liches and let these men remember their friend as he was.

I would be very appreciative.

Kyrie

of course you are welcome.

sorry if I am a bit defensive, I still dream of that moment I had to watch my brother be cut down every time I close my eyes. But there are more reasons than have been explained here to believe his noble spirit survived the torments, and that's why this memory will always haunt me.

Gandian... Well... He never really liked us, but I don't know him enough so I shouldn't go anywhere near this issue.

and of course knight Kyrie would be an honored guest. I might have to get a special chair if we are going to host nobility

James,

Lok and I, while we have had our arguments in past, recently came to a full friendship. I am just as sorry as any to know that he probably shall not return, and don't make me out to believe otherwise. I know I am disgraced, but that doesn't mean people need to further besmirch my honor.

~ Gandian Ravenscroft
The Possibly Forsaken

Sir Ravenscroft,

I did not say anything about your relationship with Lok, I was referring to your relationship with Harbors Far. I am willing to overlook the many months of enmity.

Your relationship has grown warmer with Lok as time goes by ever since he died, just wanna point that out because that's what Lok would say.

.... You talk about honor alot. You have very insecure honor...

Kyrie said:
Eric,

If Lok's companions wish to discuss magical theory as it relates to the undead I am certain they will seek you out.
Until then, I ask you to respectfully leave off this talk of liches and let these men remember their friend as he was.

I would be very appreciative.

Kyrie

Kyrie,

I believe it to be important to make sure that people are able to distinguish between when a being's actions should be taken as part of the memory one should hold dear, and when one should let it go. Being from Wayside, you of all people should understand the power of enslavement, and the need to not hold one's actions against someone while they are enslaved. Unless I'm mistaken and that's what you believe, as you're trying to get me to not educate younger adventurers to that lesson. I'm also trying to teach that once one becomes a lich, the best thing that can be done is to destroy that being, to save what is left of the spirit. Thinking otherwise, causes people to let liches walk away and cause terror for entire countries, like what Liddia Fallingstar did. I, for one, want to make sure that mistake never happens again.

Now, if you believe that the young adventurers of Gaden deserve to learn such things, feel free to join in the discourse on the matter. Otherwise, if you have nothing helpful to add, perhaps you have a newsletter to be focusing your attention on, as I believe you have a new issue due out next week.

Brother Eric Marsters
Brotherhood of the Light

EricMarsters said:
Kyrie,

I believe it to be important to make sure that people are able to distinguish between when a being's actions should be taken as part of the memory one should hold dear, and when one should let it go. Being from Wayside, you of all people should understand the power of enslavement, and the need to not hold one's actions against someone while they are enslaved. Unless I'm mistaken and that's what you believe, as you're trying to get me to not educate younger adventurers to that lesson. I'm also trying to teach that once one becomes a lich, the best thing that can be done is to destroy that being, to save what is left of the spirit. Thinking otherwise, causes people to let liches walk away and cause terror for entire countries, like what Liddia Fallingstar did. I, for one, want to make sure that mistake never happens again.

Now, if you believe that the young adventurers of Gaden deserve to learn such things, feel free to join in the discourse on the matter. Otherwise, if you have nothing helpful to add, perhaps you have a newsletter to be focusing your attention on, as I believe you have a new issue due out next week.

Brother Eric Marsters
Brotherhood of the Light

Eric,

Please don't antagonize my friend. Kyrie has been nothing but helpful to me and my brothers. Again, you're assuming about something you do not know. I'm sure you know lots about liches and their ilk, but you don't know how the Lady has treated me and my brothers. And let me tell you that she has been honest and constructive.

By the way, Lok was not a lich. Someone said that's what he was, but that was also the person who took his things and won't admit that he has his personal effects.

dragonfire8974 said:
the last announcement I have is that there were a few people interested in becoming a part of our brotherhood, during this ceremony we will induct anyone who wishes to be a part. The only requirement to becoming a member is to drink some of our ancestral wine and take an oath of brother/sisterhood. No one has to join, there is just an opportunity if anyone would wish.

Of course we must be able to trust you. We will not be careless with our gift of friendship and trust, just generous.

With honor always,
Thorador Boulderfist

dragonfire8974 said:
The only requirement to becoming a member is to drink some of our ancestral wine and take an oath of brother/sisterhood.

You say wine? Me say yes. You say oath? Me say no thank you.

If possible, how many copper be one glass ancestor wine? How many be bottle?

-Cho Ko Nu

Last edited:
Back