In the Earth Circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myhkul

Artisan
Looking up from his ledger, Isawda nodded to himself. Thistle has been by far the most successful in creating and marketing the Potions that were a mainstay of the Earthcircles income and the Breaches survival.
Clearly she would appear to be the best candidate to operate the primary Guilds Workshop for the next gathering. So let that be so.
The second would be available if another of the membership stepped forwards to seek it. If not, he would ensure that it did not lay idle but put his own modest skill with potions to use.

Stepping into the EarthCircle, Isawda relaxes without even knowing that he has done so. Being inside the Circle and a Haven of the Living means that he is somewhat less susceptible to the kind of interruptions that are so common in the Breach.

Sitting and pulling our paper and ink, he begins a letter on an issue that has been on his mind or some time.

"Lady Zanthia,

I know that you have many charges on your time, and hope this note reaches you when you have a moment for a minor concern.

Within the EarthCircle is a Warded box that has serves us to protect the collected tithing, and gathered treasure. Given the pledge of all EarthCasters to avoid using Celestial items, that creates some discomfort. Especially for those of us with Biata or Tribesman blood.

I respectfully suggest that we would be better served, and our oaths more faithfully kept, if we were to use a Circle Locked box with a physical lock. Surely that would be sufficient protection against those who have been invested in the Circle or find themselves there to resurrect.

(Signed)
Isawda"

While he awaits a reply from the Fatespinner, Isawda turn to examine something within the Circle. On of the stones, the seventh, has never yielded is secrets as had the others. Each of the other six made a contribution to the strength of the Earth Circle. Some minor and some quite powerful. But the seven, seemed to just be.... a stone. That seemed an unlikely combination and Isawda turned his attention to study it yet again. What secret did it conceal? What power were they failing to utilize?

Nothing.
The seventh stone was not about to give up it secrets that easily. If it even had secrets to reveal. And since the Fatespinner did not maintain a residence in the Breach, it seemed that yet another message must be sent off in the hopes that it would reach her quickly.

"Lady Zanthia,

I regret to admit that I have failed to determine the nature of the seventh stone that sits in the Parsons Breach Earth Circle. If you have any knowledge of it nature, I would ensure that the Breach receives full value in the battles that we have yet to face.

I remain,

(signed)
Isawda"

Finally the Stone had given up its secret! It did have a talent, if a rather usual one. Now all seven Stones could bend their efforts to the defense of the Breach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back