Information collection book.

MaxIrons

Knight
Marshal
Hello folks,

In the light of recent developments I want to pool our information, seek to quell rumors, and then at the end grab each other’s horns to grapple with possibilities. We have several issues at hand: the growing madness of the Celestial Dragon, the Athem issue, dead or missing animus magi, and planar overlords outside of their designated plane. If there are any other large scale issues we should work on collating information as I believe some of these may be interlinked in interesting ways.

Celestial Dragon:
- May be infected with the same mana disease that caused the Great Fire.
- Has not been seen using any magic at all.
- Has been the target of numerous griffin attacks.
- Has an uneven temperament and is incredibly anti-social.
- Made off with a spirit (Kruk?) from the Spirit Home circle around the tavern.
- Is currently unwilling to speak with anyone besides Kel, Shin or Panda.
- Has demanded blood payment from Prashka and Little for the theft of the Greater Obfuscate catalyst. Prashka has provided blood that Kel will deliver when contact is made.
- If anyone, ANYONE is struck by a spell from the Celestial Dragon, even if blocked by spell defenses, they must be turned in for quarantine. They could literally destroy the continent, again, without meaning to.

Athem:
- 8 Athem created, 2 for each of the Foundation Elements
- A 9th entity exists that is currently controlling the Athem, it has a black stone, which is some sort of cultural relic for the Biata.
- Created by Malik (Stone Elf?) to Spirit Home people in preparation for the Great Fire.
- The attempt to Spirit Home people was not successful.
- 2 Athem have been rendered destroyed (non-functional?).
- Ice Athem and ?
- For the Athem to reconstruct themselves they will require 100lb of purified iron, 1 (10?) lb of gold, and a cut diamond roughly the size of a fist.

Animus Magi:
- I know that an Ice Animus and Earth Animus have been killed.
- Fire Animus Akina taken by Zakka over a year ago and presumed dead.
- Have heard rumors that a Lightning Animus is missing, from the time of the Undead Wars.
- Known Animus Magi: Bando / Flame.
- Seriously, I need more information.

Planar Icons missing/on wrong plane:
- Glacier and the Flame Icon (who I call Toasty) are currently set in Planar Asylums outside of town.
- Bando and Toasty are hanging out together.
- We are missing the Ectoplasmic Planar Residue necessary for the second Banish so we can send both Glacier and Toasty home.
- The Celestial Guild has highly targeted items, designed to destroy the Flame and Ice Homes, highly secured.

Griffins:
- I have heard bits and pieces about them but I don’t know enough to be detailed.

Forget-Me-Not Memorials:
- Present throughout the continent. (corrected)
- Protected by a Greater Obfuscate
- May commemorate something for non-vibrant race people such as griffons/dragons/fey, as what they signify is currently lost to history.

Pure unbridled speculation:
- There are 8 Athems, two for each plane and 8 Animus, 2 for each foundation plane. I speculate that the animus magi that are missing will come back into being should the 2 broken Athem be repaired.
- No, this doesn’t mean we should fix them right now. There is still way more to be found out before such a rash action is taken.
- I do believe we should pool our resources to have the items on hand should it be decided that we’re going to fix the Athem. In addition if we do need to contain the Athem, having the items inside a year Extended ward could act as a functional lobster-pot.

- Alluvio indicated to me that the Celestial dragon is his mentor. Has Alluvio ever seen the Old Man cast magic of any sort?
- If he has, has Alluvio been the target of any of the Old Man’s magic? If he has, we could be in a world of trouble really soon. Many people have had Alluvio cast things upon them, and those people have cast many things upon other adventurers. At this point the entire adventuring community and beyond could be infected depending on the answer to this question.

Last edited:
*Rubs jaw* I have been reminded that the Savage Lands and encompasses more than the Red Branch and Headwaters tribes. The High Ogre tribes of the four Winds have informed me that the Forget Me Nots are found in their lands as well as those of the local Barbarians.

I have updated the book accordingly.

Somebody suspected of being a lightning animus went missing years ago around the time of the undead wars. Akina the fire animus was taken by Zaka in a Sedovian Library shortly before everybody first arrived in Foxbridge.

Thank you Luke. I've updated the information appropriately.

Back