Inquiry about Shield & Buckler rules

Zacrifice

I am a new player looking into the rules of shields and noticed there was a section dedicated to Bucklers. I was thinking of using a Buckler (of course abiding by the rules) but I am confused of whether or not using the Buckler to push against a weapon (not the player) is against the rules or unsafe. I intend to use the Buckler to push against the weapon and create an opening for an attack.

I believe if you are using the buckler to deflect the weapon to create an opening for an attack, i believe that is still allowed. but bucklers and shields are the same except in overall size and shape. hopefully when the new rule book comes out it will have a more detailed explaination.

David Raatz

Alliance LARP employs a 'lightest touch' boffer combat style. This style applies to blocking weapons with a punch shield as well; you're allowed to use the lightest force necessary to deflect the blow off line with your punch shield. Holds, binds, and pins are not allowed in our game at all. That being said, punch shields are still quite viable and it's my favorite shield style to wield with a longsword!

Back