Instructions for getting to the Site

Alkalin3

Knight
If you're using a gps that has cross roads, your best bet is putting in N Branch Road & Dark Horse Road Traverse City Michigan.

Coming from the West the entrance to the campsite is on the right side just past the intersection of Branch and Dark Horse. There's a road that's a hard right (the very first right you can make) and a trail that's a soft right (the second right, that's less hard of a turn). Take that second right (indicated by the arrow).

Screen_Shot_2017-06-27_at_7_31_48_AM.png

There should be signs to confirm you're going the right way. Maybe we can get lights put up too, I'm not sure. The path runs about 1000 feet before you get to the opening. Take it slow, as there isn't a lot of light, and you'll drive right on the campsite. Once you're on sight, it should be easy enough to find where the cars are parked.
If your gps doesn't do cross roads, the nearest address I can find is
8461 Supply Rd, Traverse City, MI 49696, it's a bar (Fiebing Lake Retreat) that's not very far. Coming from the south, keep going about past the bar. You'll come to supply road which will be on the left, drive past that to Dark Horse, Take a right on Dark Horse and you'll come to Branch. You can follow the instructions above.

I haven't been to the site, so this is as best instructions as I could tell. I'll have someone who's been there verify this post is valid.

(There's a few N Branch Roads, here's a larger map that shows how Google Maps routed me, and also the Fiebing Lakes Retreated I mentioned earlier)
Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 8.23.59 AM.png

Last edited:
It is a two track road as well. Some bumps in it nothing a smart car wouldn't be able to handle. If your coming from the east from Williamsburg road there is a steep downward hill right before the entrance. Signs will be posted with reflectors to see.

Back