Insurance

cymryc

Squire
Hey Joe,

I am wondering what all the insurance you found covers as it looks like rechartering with the BSA is gonna be extremely difficult this coming year and might be more pain than it is worth

Thanks

I, for one, welcome our new Insurance Overlords.

Also, Seattle is strongly considering doing the same thing, for the same reasons, so we'd be interested in this info, too.

Cymryc -

The brochure and exact details are in the oregonplot email box.. If you do a search for "Insurance", check the thread from Diana Garcia and the one from Fernando Lopez. It includes $10k of medical coverage, $10k of accidental death/dismemberment, and $1M of Liability, and covers staff, volunteers, participants, and spectators. I think we paid for 40 adult participants and 10 child participants this year, and you can add additional participants as needed within 30 days of an event, iirc. The rate was $5 per child per year, and $6.75 per adult per year. We're covered until Jan 1, 2013.

I believe we're insured for 60 people, but I'll have to double check. For 2013, it would be worth looking into seeing if Alliance Oregon and Seattle could share a policy and split the costs, since we do not have overlapping events.

Also, have we not been pushing closer to 80 people per event?

Back