Intercept & Counteract usable together?

Feldor

Adept
Intercept – 2 XP (Fighter), 10 XP Martial Skills per purchase, Daily - The Intercept skill allows a character to take the damage or effect of any effect that successfully resolves on another target. Touchcast effects may not be Intercepted. You may only Intercept a blow that you could logically reach with your weapon or shield. You may not use a bow to intercept across the battlefield. If Intercept is used without a weapon in hand, the attack must land on a target within physical reach of the character. The character may use Intercept with a weapon in hand, in which case the target of the attack may be as far as their weapon could reach while outstretched. It may be used on packet or weapon delivered attacks (including weapon traps). It does not work against other traps or other types of deliveries. When using this skill, you must call "Intercept" and clearly indicate which strike the skill was used against. It may be used once per Logistics period for each purchase.

Counteract – 2 XP (Rogue), 10 XP Stealth Skills per purchase, Daily - Stealthy characters are notoriously difficult to pin down in combat. Characters with this Smart Guard defense may call "Counteract" to negate a single Weapon Strike attack that they otherwise validly block. Note that this may not be used against Strike attacks with other qualifiers like Spell or Poison, nor may it be used against a Weapon Strike that validly connects with the character. It may be used once per Logistics period per purchase.

If a scout observed a strike hit a nearby ally's shield, could they expend an Intercept and then a Counteract to negate the hit?

I am not ARC but I doubt it -- Counteract specifically states but you had to have otherwise validly blocked the attack. If it was your shield that were hit with a Weapon Strike you could Counteract, of course, but you could not Intercept and then Counteract.

So, I wasn't clear. Because they could have written the skill in a passive voice, and that would imply it definitely would work. But I'm not sure that the choice of voice was intentional; hence my question.

Last edited:
Back