Ironroots Research

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nazrat locates the Arcane Sanctum, and waits outside its halls. When the "Ironroots" group (as they were apparently called now) last met, it was agreed that he and Evo would be doing research in the Sanctum library relating to different aspects of what they'd most recently found in their excavation and exploration. Not being a member of the Arcane Sanctum himself, Nazrat was waiting for Evo to arrive and invite him in. It's only polite...and good insurance against receiving a Dragon's Breath from an annoyed Archmage.

Laden with books and scrolls, Evo approaches and nods to Nazrat. "Here, help me with these." He turns and announces himself at the entrance:

"Evo Escariot of Parson's Breach, assisted by Nazrat. Please allow us access to the library, and when Master Ixit is free we'd appreciate his guidance."

The attendant at the desk points to the archway to Evo's left. "The Library is up the stairs. You should be able to find Adeptus Ixit in his office" she says with a smile.

The attendant clears her throat and points again to the Library wondering just how long Evo and Nazrat are going to continue to stare at her.
(OOG: You have until Thursday to complete this line of research before this thread is locked).

"Ah, yes, thank you, we'll head on up." Nazrat tugs on Evo's sleeve, heading toward the library. While it didn't seem all that likely there would be records of old biata heroes in the Arcane Sanctum library, it WAS the biggest library around, so this would be where Nazrat would start his research...and keeping an eye out for whatever it was Evo was looking for as well.

Moving through the corridors Nazrat sees the base of the Library. As he walks in he sees a six storey tower looming above him. On the main floor there are many tables, most with people at them pouring over books, scrolls and other writings. There is an audible thrum in the room as pages turn nearly non-stop from somewhere within the massive complex. There is a grand circular staircase in the centre leading to the other levels. Each storey has a central hub with walkways stretching out to the outer walls and the thousands of books each storey holds.

Nazrat stares in disbelief...and decides he'll need some guidance. He asks the nearest individual that doesn't seem TOO busy where to look to find information on a historically significant biata and his sword. Specifically Themistocles and...whatever his sword is called.

Evo leaves Nazrat to his wandering and compiles a list of research topics. He writes a short letter to Ixit and leaves it on his desk:

Adeptus Ixit:

I would greatly appreciate your assistance in identifying what I assume to be a star constellation (see my sketch below) and all relevant lore we have about its subject, the older the better. I have reason to believe this is an ancient version and the constellation may have changed in the intervening millenia. The research I undertake here may add vast resources to the Library, if we succeed.

In greatest esteem,
Evo Escariot

Message sent, Evo approaches the stacks on the school of Greater Command and begins the study of its defense.

Nazrat eventually finds an Initiate to help guide him. "Genealogy studies is more something that the Earth Weavers Enclave library would have information on, especially a Biata at best. At worst, it would require a trip to Dorma, the Biata home Island, and you would have to speak to someone there. Unfortunately without a proper name of the sword you are seeking, if it has a proper name, it will be very difficult to narrow it down. There must be hundreds, if not more, lore books regarding magical weapons up on the third floor." the Initiate states while pointing up to the third floor, somewhere on the Eastern side. "I'm sorry I could not have been more help but you seem to be missing a key piece of your research." the Initiate pauses for a moment before turning back to her studies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back