Is Your Chapter Running Play Tests?

Is Your Chapter Running Play Tests for 0.9?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saephis

Squire
I'm curious how many folks reading these forums have the opportunity to play test and who don't. Pretty self-explanatory question.

Calgary is. Had one last weekend, and another in a few weeks.

Seattle is. Unsure about Oregon.

San Francisco has run three playtests so far. One for each of the 0.6, 0.7 and 0.8 playtest cycles. All playtests were run as fully repped game days, representing roughly a full logistics period of content. Scrolls, potions, and other production items were provided. Combats were objective based, varied, contained interactive environmental elements such as puzzles or control points, and explored all monster types that were available at that time.

Due to the substantial amount of content in the 0.9 release, San Francisco will be running three playtests during this cycle. All playtests typically run from six to eight hours in length, and are followed up with collaborative discussion and feedback.

Denver has run at least 3 playtest so far with the intention of running at least 1 more to try to work through Paragon Paths.

My chapter did run playtests but not for .9

I would be curious, too, what percentage of the players with active playtests are participating in them. While Tevas has done a great job of organizing our chapter's tests and making sure everyone knows about them, it happens that I haven't been able to make any of the ones that have been held thus far. Not complaining - it'd be impossible to schedule it such that NOBODY is unable to attend, but given the fact that it seems that non-playtesters don't have much of an opportunity to weigh in, I'm left wondering how many are in the same position as I am.

(PS gonna try to make the test this weekend)

I would be curious, too, what percentage of the players with active playtests are participating in them. While Tevas has done a great job of organizing our chapter's tests and making sure everyone knows about them, it happens that I haven't been able to make any of the ones that have been held thus far. Not complaining - it'd be impossible to schedule it such that NOBODY is unable to attend, but given the fact that it seems that non-playtesters don't have much of an opportunity to weigh in, I'm left wondering how many are in the same position as I am.

This is a lot of the reason I've taken to the "unofficial" polls -- both for topics that aren't likely covered in Feedback forms for those that DO playtest, and those that simply can't make it, whether their chapter isn't running tests or the test is at a time that some players can't make it to. Its not "official", but if we keep a clean format, ARC and Owners can get feedback directly for their respective pieces of the process from an ideally wider test-pool.

Everyone can read the material away from testing sites, and that seems good enough reason to give some chance at feedback.

Oregon is waiting to hear back from private land owners about sites before we release any official dates. But it is being worked on for our chapter.

And that is the official answer from the Chapter Owner.

Can confirm the answer above is our official response.

Update for Oregon. We plan to run one the last weekend of July. It's late but summers are busy times.

Calgary been running regular play tests for over a year now, including a full event last fall.

Back