It is time

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotta

The dream is of a forest clearing, gloomy and overhung with green.
A single golden shaft of sun slices down through the shadow, looking
solid enough to touch.
It shines upon a sword,  razor-sharp point resting on a carpet of moss, hilts leaning against the furrowed bark of an ancient and towering tree.
A gypsy man, looking somehow older than his years, steps into the
clearing.  His forearms are heavily tattooed with skulls and looping
arrows, and he carries two short swords.
Behind him, a long line of men and women stretches into the distance, nearly hidden in the shadowy  pillars of the trees.   They all seem to have the same tattooed  arms, and they all hold swords.  The blades seem somehow to hang poised, balanced between muscle and empty air, as though the tiniest shift of their wielders’ posture would send them flickering forward through shadow, sun, or flesh, alike. 
A grey-haired gypsy at the front of the line speaks to the man in the
clearing: 
“You’ve rested long enough , Teo,” he says.  “Pass on what I
taught you.”
The man in the clearing looks back affectionately at the older man.
“Yes, Master Vanya,” he says.  Then he walks slowly to stand beside
the sword by the tree, and stares searchingly out into the trees, as if
looking for someone.

A gypsy in faded salt stained clothing emerges from the shadowed trunks as if materializing from the darkness itself. His arms are heavily tattooed with the same pattern of skulls and looping arrows. He holds two well worn yet finely honed short swords which gleam with deadly intent in the dull light of the woodland clearing.

Taking a knee and bowing his head the newcomer addresses Teo "Master, though I have been long away from your teachings I shall soon return to the fold and have much to learn."

Master Vanya gazes down upon the new comer with a warmhearted smile before retuning his kind yet sharp gaze to Teo saying "Though Dimitri follows a different path his heart and blades are true."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back