Jainamin’s Trading Company

Alkalin3

Knight
Greetings Adventurers

My name is Marvin Mayweather, I'm a merchant under the employ of Jainamin's Trading Company. I hear that you'll be spending some time in our area. We have quite a large stock of weapons, potions, scrolls, alchemy, armor and traps. As well as raw resources and live stock. I'll bring some of it to you during your gathering. But, we've also run across a reasonable amount of rarer irons and inks, and what nots that allow for the creation of some pretty interesting stuff. I figure ya'll would be interested in some of this stuff.

I know our blacksmith is capable of creating Balanced Weapons, Sharded Blades, Trickle Blades, Quivers of Net Arrows or Bolts, and Durable Armor.

Our potion maker has on hand the resources to make Life Potions, Phoenix Cocktails, and Silver Dragon Serum

Our scroll makers can make Ward Scrolls, Circle of Power Scrolls, Chargeable Scrolls, and Repeater Scrolls.

We've got a limited amount of rare materials to make these kind of things as you might have guessed! But, I know Jainamin has a high opinion of you folk from her interactions with you. So I'll see if I can't cut you the best deal possible.

Additionally, I know a special gem crafter who owes me a few favors, and I've had him produce me a few things. I'd be happy to part with them. I figure if I can get some jewelry on you adventurers, other folks will want to buy some as well. I'll see if we can't start a new fashion trend with you folks.

I have a necklace that will cast a Poison Shield, a Spell Shield, a Elemental Shield, a Magic Armor. This last another 3 years.

I have a ring that will cast a Prison, a Dispel, a Reflect Magic this last 2 years.

I have another ring that will bounce back magics that bind, bounce back magics that curse, and bounce back commanding magic. This last 1 year

Because of the Borderlands being separated from where you are, it's pretty rare to find things here that work very far outside the Borderlands. Should be fine on the rest of Kundrik though!

If you're interested in any of these things, you can leave a note here. We can discuss having it made and brought to you.

Marvin Mayweather

Greetings Marvin,

Thanks for bringing supplies for sale. I have a few questions for you.
How much do you charge for scrolls? Some amount of Silver per level? Does that formula change for the 9th level scrolls?
Is your scroll maker able to make Solidify, Subjugate, Elemental Blade, or Banish scrolls?
What are Chargeable and Repeater scrolls?

Looking forward to meeting you,

-Gideon

Greetings Gideon,

3 Silver per level is the standard rate. However, if you're placing a large order of scrolls, I can get that price brought down for you.
Indeed the formula does change, the special scrolls are much harder to make. I'd need about 4 gold per. Again, with larger orders I can get this price brought down.

I do not believe the scrollmakers can make those types. But, if it's something you're interested in, I can see if they can spend some time experimenting on it. It can't be that hard can it? I'm not a scroll maker, so perhaps I'm wrong.

Repeater Scrolls remain useful for multiple uses. It's like carrying a large stack of scrolls on you, accept the ink fades more slowly.

Chargeable Scrolls start blank, with a special kind of invisible ink on them. You can cast a celestial spell into them, and they will take on that spell. You can do this multiple times but, at the end of the day the scroll becomes useless. So make sure you use it before then! Since you seem like the kind of fella who's going to ask, yes any celestial spell can be cast into it. So you could make an Elemental Blade scroll this way. But, ya know. You'd still have ta cast the spell.

Let me know if you have an interest in anything. We can talk specifics.

Marvin Mayweather

Greeting Master Mayweather,

My name is Cyn and I am a potion maker. I am very interested in the the potions you say you have the resources to make.

They are three potions I have never made so I would be interested in the recipes as well as the resources to make them!

I would like to discuss buying what potion resources you have and any potions you might have already made.

Thank you very much for taking the time to list so many things and be available to the adventures!

Yours In Service,
Cyn

Lady IronRose of Storm's Rose
Special Envoy of King Grimlock to Dragonreach
Founder of Forgotten Hope
Mother

"My Life For Theirs"
"Defending the Dealings of Time and Space"

Marvin,
I would be interested in learning more about the things your blacksmith can make. The only one I have heard of is a trickleblade, but I am particularly interested in the armor.
Many thanks,
Ardos Irani

Merchant Mayweather,

I am interested in knowing what the effects and prices are for the Phoenix Cocktail and Silver Dragon Serum.

Many thanks,

Casan Moreaux
Order of the Emerald Flame

I'm overwhelmed with the responses here. Let's address these one by one.

Lady IronRose,

I can procure quite a bit of potions. So you'll have to provide me with a list. I don't think you want me to just dump a cart load of vials on to you with a bill. Similar to scrolls, it's 3 silver per power of the potion. If can bring that price down if you order more. The Life potions I'd need about 4 gold for. Same deal as the scrolls. They are about just as hard to make as those scrolls.

The recipes are quite complex. Only those who have dedicated their life to potion brewing will be able to craft these. If that's you, perhaps I can set you up with some beginning work and orders to fill. We can go from there. I imagine you understand that Jainamin's Trading Company is happy to assist and be of use to any who need it, we need to protect our assets when we can. So, we don't freely share some of our secret recipes with just anyone.

Mr. Irani,
Sharded Blades are built to be a bit more jagged than traditional blades. Normally this makes the blade unwieldy but, our smiths can correct this problem. Expert Swordsman will find that they are able to cut through air easier for a very powerful strike, as if they were more experienced at it than they are. Depending on the time spent creating the blade, that effect can be increased a few times.

Balanced Blades help your off hand compensate, so you can use a larger weapon. Just like the fighters in legend. Also, it doesn't need to be a blade. We can do it with clubs, maces, and axes too.

Durable armor is reinforced armor with out the added extra weight. Our smiths use a few extra tricks, so you can have on heavier armor with out it slowing you down. No one likes to be cooped up like in plate mail all day!

Goodman Moreaux,
The Phoenix Cocktail lets you replicate the effects of the rebirth high magic but, with out all that pesky studying. It only last for a single day though!

The Silver Dragon Serum bring you more in tune with earth magic, so it has a greater effect on you. But, there's a downside. You become more susceptible to chaotic magics. (Which can be a problem around these parts with all those wandering elementals).

Ok. That should answer everyone's questions. Keep in mind that some of the things require very rare elements to craft. So supplies are limited!

Marvin Mayweather

Last edited:
Merchant Mayweather,

I would like to know the price for the Phoenix Cocktail and Silver Dragon Serum.

Many thanks,

Casan Moreaux

Merchant Mayweather,

Apologies for overwhelming you with interest, but finding craftsman who can make such exotic things is an oddity. I would be interested in the price of a large suit of this durable armor.

Ardos Irani

Mr. Irani,

How large? Something comparable to a full suit of plate mail? I'll need specifics so I can have the suit crafted just right. I have them craft something that would feel like a suit of chaimaile about as strong as Arcane Amor, but be as tough as plate mail for 12ish gold. It gets more expensive to the larger the gap that needs to be covered.

Are you skilled enough to wear that much armor?

Marvin Mayweather

Merchant Mayweather,

I would like 2 of the Phoenix Cocktails.

Many thanks,

Casan Moreaux

Merchant Mayweather,
I know how to wear a full suit of plate mail, and would be happy to buy the largest one possible. If I can't wear it I will learn how, no skin off your back!
Ardos Irani

Merchant Mayweather,

Greetings my name is Nyio Sorn.
I also would be interested in purchasing 2 phoenix Cocktails, as well as 2 Silver Dragon Serums and the largest suit of Durable Armor.

Thank you for your time and buisness.

Sir Nyio Sorn
Knight of Arcadia

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Hello Mayweather,

This may be more ritual magic than crafting, but I thought I may pose the question here regardless.

I am quite fascinated in Whispering Winds, but do not always have the time to sit down and cast a ritual. Would anyone in Jainamin's Trading Company know how to craft an item that would allow me to store a successful casting of one inside it, or perhaps an item that would allow me to cast one once per day?

Thank you.

Safe Travels,
Banradi Irani Moduri Newberry
Waymaker

Ah apologies Mayweather,
I typically wear armor made of chainmail and plates of metal held together with cord. If you can make it similar in weight to that, I would appreciate it.
Ardos Irani

Sorry Goodfriend Newberry,

Any kind of ritual store is a bit outside our speciality. Good luck on finding something like that but, I think you'll probably be looking for a while.

I can probably get you a couple of whispering wind scrolls? It's not a very complicated ritual. I imagine you'd probably save yourself a lot of hassle and time by just keeping yourself stocked up on the scrolls. If you're impatient, I know it's a fairly common thing for formalist to use high magic to speed up their rituals. I could probably find someone to teach you, if you don't know how. But, I imagine someone looking for an item of such power probably knows how to do that.

Sorry I can't be more help on that front.

Marvin

My apologies Merchant Mayweather,

I wear chainmail with plate sholder armor.

Many thanks
Sir Nyio Sorn
Knight of Arcadia

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Merchant Mayweather,

I don't plan to purchase this right now so feel free to put it at a lower priority, I'm planning ahead. I would like to know how extreme your company can make this durable armor. Sometimes newer adventurers have a lot of trouble wearing very heavy armor.

Could your blacksmiths craft armor that feels as light as normal clothes but protects as much as the light leather scholars often wear? How about the heavier leather of more nimble fighters? Platemail? How vast of a difference can be crafted?

I am aware that a higher difference between the feel to the actual protection means more cost.

How much protection could be crafted for something that feels like a soldiers tabard and boots? How much would that cost?

-Gideon

Back