January 2017 Favorite Moments

Kasuni

Squire
Hello Everyone!

Thanks again for joining us for an amazing weekend at Alliance Seattle!!

This thread is for you to share with us some of your favorite moments! What did you like? What did you love? What do you want to do more of?

Tell us what makes your event rockin', and we'll keep trying to churn out that sort of content!

The official feedback form will be posted shortly. And as always, if you would like to deliver feedback to myself (General Manager/Owner/Plot Member), Tony Mungo (Head of Plot/Player Rep), or Lauren Hagen (Player Rep) you may reach out to us directly.

Thank you!

Emily Mungo

I will kick this off!

- I had a total blast playing the squeaky mouse on Sunday morning! Thanks to all the wonderful new players for making that so fun!

- I am SO excited that we had so many new players this game! You all were on top of your RP game right from the get-go, and I enjoyed fighting you from the NPC side in all capacities.

- Getting the chance to debut some of the new campaign info as Paragon Myra was a blast! So many PCs had really insightful questions and provided excellent roleplay. I can't wait to share more at the March event! Extra shout outs to Fargal, Larix, Polare, Vellis, Luke, Terren, Tantarus, Zeth, Killian, Takara, and more for some great RP with the Paragons!

- Saturday night depths fight by the barn was a blast. Getting to chase/be chased by Avaran on the back field helped me get in enough cardio to not freeze in the snow. And the Zeth/Terren shield sandwich was exciting to (try to) fight! And thanks to Shane and Matt for their continued enthusiasm and energy as we repeatedly got our butts kicked :)

- Having Pierre and Katya in Monster Camp!!! Pierre makes Monster Camp so organized and easy to use. Katya kept us going with Monster Cards and Treasure all weekend. Thank you both!

- Saturday morning's mountain of bacon and hash browns. Breakfast of champions!

- I really enjoyed the opportunity to late-night cameo as Kasuni for a bit Friday night! Visiting the Broken Mists is a complete joy (somehow) and the following RP with Terren was great, as always.

- I enjoyed playing the diseased rabbit Friday night, hopping around in the snow (it was the only way to stay warm!). Puck killin' it playing a kin - scaring the rabbit away when it hopped up to him was fantastic.

- The snow! It was pretty, and far less of a hindrance than rain.

- NPC Lounge! It was really pleasant to be warm between encounters, and to have warm tea and snacks on hand.

Thank you to everyone for contributing to this great experience. I look forward to seeing you next time!

Last edited:
SO much fun

- Diving around in a bush while one of the NPCs was walking around trying to chase me was REALLY funny and I'm sure the NPC was just facepalming at my efforts.

- Laying down under a tree to watch the moon and apparently being missed by all the people walking past repeatedly. (It wasn't that cold :p)

- DINNER!!! Friday night, there was food, this is a new thing for me, we don't do dinner like that in Denver, really was a cool way to meet some people in the tavern and it was tasty!!!

- Meeting all the wonderful people! Everyone was so welcoming and excited to have visitors. It was really refreshing!

- Was super into court and all the knights, things were really fun! Puck was sooooo confused by how easily things went there.

-All the members of the healer's guild (I've been corrected, New Leaf) you were all so much fun to talk with, and the outrage over how things were done at home felt so genuine, it was really fun roleplay.

- Getting to scare Emily's bunny was so funny, the look of horror that crossed it's face after shouting at it, and seeing it go running off, it was just great.

- ewww, gross brain stuff, I really liked the physreps and dedication involved in those from everyone, all the infected people did such a great job really playing up the disease.

- Napping in the circle was great, and I intend to come and do it more, or perhaps a sunny hill if there is one next time.

- Being half undressed to go to bed, hearing a loud bear outside, realizing the other guild hall wasn't warded, then stomping out in just leggings, barefooted and barechested to start throwing angry weaknesses at the bear. The look of sheer confusion that crossed it's face was so great when it looked over and saw a naked Wylderkin looking at it angrily. Then eventually having it go away when I tossed it a meat stick.

-Elementals! There is such a unique and fun world of roleplay there that I am still completely clueless about, exploring it even just a smidge was super cool and I hope I get to come back and do so more!!

- Dire Narwhal..

Last edited:
Oh! And one more!

- Canada providing lots (and lots) of gold glitter!!!

I'm so sorry about the glitter.

I had a blast and learned a few new things about some characters I didn't before.

My opinions of both Polare and Zeth have changed dramatically. I originally thought Polare was just a greedy stingy Hobling who only cared about making money and nothing more. I learned that is very untrue due to my personal dealings with him at this event. Ten Zeth bowing before the first court and offering up his apologies for his behaviors (I can only assume while he was a dominai) and pledging to be better in the future. It's nice to see some of the regular high level players in a humbling and generous situation. Thanks to both of you.

Learning how to arm and disarm traps (both in and out of game) with Ezra and Firion. Best lesson I have ever received.

The undead bandits that came into the Tavern late Friday night. Nobody died even though I'm pretty sure we should have. 2 of us got lucky with paralysis and being unconscious from battle. Only 1 of the 3 of us left died but was immediately lifed by one of the undead. How many people can say they were lifed by an undead? We never did figure out who actually took Fargals stuff.

Ezra and his non nonchalant attempt at trying to use life on a vampire. Standing right next to it using his sword behind his back he attempts to life this vampire to death.

I honestly can't wait for next event. Things are getting crazier and we all know the campaign closer with absolutely crazy with lots of fun activities for all of us PC's to attempt to kill ourselves.

This event really re-invigorated my love of Alliance.

1) Zeth's time with the Broken Mists was, far and away, my highlight of the event. The conversations, both serious and....ahem...less so...were incredible. Being invited to stay with them in the future was so great.

2) Terren is so amazing. Meeting him and all interactions with him (including his non-interaction on Friday night in the Broken Mists...oh Terren, we'll corrupt you yet...).

3) Kin Negotiation Mod! That was so great for so many reasons!

4) Meeting the Paragons learning about Strayden (sp?) and its surrounding lands. Realizing just how dire their situation really is, and wanting to get there as soon as possible to help.

Sunday morning...

Zeth: I think for the next couple months I'm going to catch that boat to Strayden and learn about their lands and plights.
Vellis: You can't. The Paragons left last night.
Zeth: Oh. Well, they took boats over. It'll take them awhile to actually depart, and if I hurry, I can probably catch them.
Vellis: No. They sent an order to the boats to depart. Then they rifted out.
Zeth: .....<expletive, sad face>

Every time I start wanting to go Celestial, -something happens which ruins my ambitions.-

5) Lynx/Furion/Polare discussions of profit, goals, and honoring promises. This enlightened me so much about Polare's character, and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

6) Zeth kneeling before Duke Somnus, sharing his memory of the Duke's first message to the adventurers about the Ceriopolis, confessing his failures and pledging to do better. The look on Somnus' face after made it all worth it.

7) Playing dead after getting beat up by a bear. Someone running over to me to heal me, and I shake them off, then get up and run to a safe spot.

Furion: "You were playing possum?!?!"

Silly human. I was playing raccoon.

Starting the event on the new player mod and getting to slowly come in to town meeting and greeting people a long the way.

Right in the thick of the first fight being commanded to attack my friends and during me being knocked out all the PCs arguing over what to do with me and tensions getting quite high.

Late night tavern attack with undead capturing like 6 adventures and me running away for about 4 mins to then come back and try and life/help anyone I could. Luckily these undead seemed more interested in toying with their prey then outright killing them or else it would have been a very bloody night at the earth circle.

Depths part 1 featuring ro sham bo and Locke the Immovable.

"Free William"

Getting to be so upset with other lands restrictions on spellbooks and magics and taking actions to help free magic in far off lands.

Oh the experimenting. So much experimenting. Luckily sounds like we are making good headway on the cure.

Lowbie town defense/ritual fight was super fun, lots of moving from place to place taking care of logistics all the while having the kolbold casting high magic gave a really sweet atmosphere.

Trying to do a loot split the most fair way for a less experienced group and constantly getting interrupted and then eventually separated from the group and stuck outside hiding in a bush with all the loot trying my damnedest to get it sorted.

Sunday morning animals fight was a lovely thing to wake up and do.

Zestra the puzzle owlkin and her excellent machinations! People didn't believe me when I said there would be a doorknob in something strange but I sure did show them! :p

Finally all the other things that I forgot to mention! This game was jam packed with me doing things so much that I only had time to go out and find 1 lair card and needed to squeeze in things till the game off bells were ringing; can't wait for next game to wrap all this craziness up and to start in a new land where I'm sure even more wild things await!

I had a great time at the event. Thanks to all the other PCs, NPCs and Plot who made it happen!

A few specifics:

- I greatly enjoyed the whole negotiation dance around the Preserve with other folks. That's the kind of thing that makes Polare's day.
- It was good to see the new campaign coming into focus and having a chance to RP with the NPCs helping bring it around.
- We're seeing lots of loose threads tying up quickly. The plague, Asha, etc... Great to see conclusion to some fun plotlines that have been moving along for a few events! It's always satisfying to see how things play out in the end.
- The Broken Mists had a great time with Terran and Zeth. Spending an unexpected hour out at the quarry lake playing on the ice and RPing with these folks was a treat!

-Bryan

I want to thank Vellis for making my first Backlash of a Ritual possible. I cant wait to see how damaged the Earth Circle ends up.
- Hopefully we have both learned. Me to bar doors when ritual casting, and her to stop for the briefest of moments after busting through them before walking into the circle.

Seeing Sprigg expand her use of "Torture,,," Testing of the Creeping Green on adventures.

Back