January Event Favorites

A.mungo

Scout
Marshal
Atlanta Staff
In no particular order of importance

1. Cards for Tarndale!

2. Friday night in the Celestial circle, I can't remember even one thing that was said, but I do remember laughing hard enough at one point that I had tears in my eyes.

3. "Fighter's Guilding" our earth circle problem (I'll take any opportunity I can to blow something up)

4. Akemi's soup and Krieger's garlic bread saturday night, it was awesome post battle.

5. The Golem/Undead fight, tough and fun. Nazmor and Santiago are my go to beards for Team Get Some!

6. Meeting Oak Palm for treats in a Cave

7. Peter and Raganzi come up with a plan to save the town from an "Evil" Fairy Princess

There was so much more

- Cards for Tarndale was a blast.

- Heart Drinker, again.

- Sunday morning conversation with Slice. That was the perfect end to my game, thanks Holly!

- Ben's Heart Tribe Draxian. "I'm never eating breakfast on Sunday morning in this corner of the tavern again."

- Jimmy & Cassandra's Mystic Wood Elves. "So wait, there's a town where people go to make peace and get drunk? We've got to fix this Valley QUICK so I can move there!"

Oh boy, where do I begin?

1. Matt: "I'm the Orange Wizard!"
    Seth: "I'm the Red Wizard!"
    Ryan: "I'm the Blue Wizard!"
    Jason: "I'm the Purple Wizard!"
    Norm: "I'm the Raccoon Wizard!"
  2. "I summon a force to disarm your Snows!" Followed shortly by, "oh wow that worked!"
  3. Ben as the Fairy Princess. The woop woop wooping lizards. You know what? Just that entire hallucination mod.
  4. Of course the fight between Shelk and myself in the Oakpalm cabin. I'm interested to find out what people outside of the cabin could hear since we were yelling at each other.
  5. The entire Kasuni/Heart interaction. I loved that entire situation, it was incredibly tense.
  6. Blowing up stuff with Karzel. Including myself. Whoops!
  7. Downtime with Oakpalm in our cabin.
  8. The chat with Drazen in our cabin.
  9. All of the fights that weren't in caves. The echo fight, the golem fight, the Corrupt and undead fight...
  10. Kade being such a new player and just jumping in. We kind of forced him to run some stuff with us but he was always cheery and seemed to be having a great time.
  11. All of the RP with everyone surrounding Heartdrinker. Kreiger, Elryon, Kasuni, Shelk, Snows, Landon, Heart, all of the Draxxian...
  12. Cael: "What's going on?"
    Someone: "The Skree abducted someone."
    Cael: "Who?"
    Landon: "They have Shelk."
  13. Killian: "Cael is leading group two."
    Cael: "I am?"
    Killian: "Yup."
  14. "The Dwarves", even though some of them aren't even dwarves any longer. That entire group is just so much fun to be around and spend time with.
  15. Speaking of the Dwarves... when they all ended up being turned into lesser undead and I got to drop every single one of them with Elryon's sword. Nom nom nom.
  16. More, I'm sure; I just need more time to process.

-Finding a reliable fence my first five minutes in game.
-Getting woken up by Killian to go troll-hunting.
-Executing a perfect rogue-pincer insertion on a cave of grizzly bears only to have that damned orc come rushing in swinging his warhammer and bellowing at the top of his lungs...
-The case of the missing dwarven beard.
-Tanis' version of rogue training. Poor bunny.

1. RP with Drazen was amazing. Seriously, Rob, you are amazing at pacing and exposition. It is wonderful talking with you.
2. The two lizard fight. Small but really fun.
3. Kreiger going Basil of Bakerstreet.
4. Everything with Kreiger and Slice was awesome and terrifying. Especially being taught how to give orders on the battle field.
5. "Leverage" fight.
6. Getting kidnapped by the skree.
7. The fight with Cael.
8. Telling Snows that he's gonna make Shelk go grey by 200.
9. The Hallucination mod was the best thing I think I've ever done.
10. Getting to tag along with people I usually wouldn't be able to.
11. All of the RP was really amazing this weekend, with everyone. Rhiabell, Garrick, Harvey Planter, Aaron, Kade, Baskara - I'm missing a ton of people but you were all really amazing.
12. Having the Dwarf Crew and that Orc was amazing.
13. Zeth grabbing a Dragon's breath out of mid-air for Shelk. Like a furry, fuzzy hero.

1. Bhaskara bringing up the tavern where he wants to retire in, that has "ale from all over".
2. Brag the orc not being able to stand sneaking around, and leading a charge into the bear cave.
3. Saturday night when the tavern was attacked and the complaining that followed about our drinking being interrupted.
4. Kade's determination to find the lost beard.
5. The entire mushroom hallucination mod.
6. Karzel taking Kade's sword while he was asleap and asking to have it back.

All around a really fun event:

1. Bonding with Kasuni as Natilis about being stuck far away from home.
2. Natilis flirting with Acacia and Ryabel at the same time.
Natilis: "Would you like to get to know me better?: :evil:
Ryabel: (all straight faced innocence) "Yes."
3. The gollum and undead fight, lots of fun.
4. Conversation between Kasuni and Amanita after the Heart debacle, followed by conversation with Shin and bonding over the complicated morning.

I'm always amused by the interpretive spellings of Ryabel's name. :)

Corrupt in the Earth Guild, stealing Sprig and Drazen, Garrick dropping a circle in his sleep and then proceeding to attack one of the corrupt and somehow capture it. Ryabel's multiple events to exit the cabin, hindered by a spider and a second corrupt. Then the resulting panic of two relatively pacifistic healers flailing around going "oh god, what do we do with it now?!"

Finally getting to play Ryabel as innocent as he actually is against Cassandra's MWE. Innuendo is lost on him.

Killian and Ryabel standing back and letting Dorf Army tackle a bear cave; Ryabel with tea and Killian with small bits of shouted advice

Dorf Army.

Brag's attack of the bear cave was absolutely hysterical, but it was definitely also amazing to watch two rogues going at it with successful sneaking.

Sneaking down behind the battle on Saturday night and hanging out in the middle of 2 or 3 corrupt and several undead commander types... and finding Rowan sneaking around as well. I think combined we might have 20 hit points.

All in all, I had a fantastic time.

Roann has 6, so you'd better be packing... You missed the part where I laid there while the lich and friends stood around and raised a bunch of corpses before heading towards the tavern to murderbone everyone. I just followed them until I ran into Ryabel. :p

I almost forgot...

Teaching Gabe's townie 7th circle celestial magic.
"I only memorized destroy spells today, so we're going to have to go find something to break."
"What?!"

1. Friday Night at the Celestial Circle. Talking crap about Peter. Not knowing Peter is bunking about two feet above my head, covered off by a Ward blanket....until he says something. Awww craaaap.

2. All the other interactions I had with Peter. Awwww yeah. I don't think any other character has given Zeth so much internal conflict.

3. Ninja raccoon reflexes saving apprentice from Dragon's Breath. Boo yeah. Nobody be throwin' fire at Shelk. Nobody.

4. Saturday Night Zodiac in the Tavern. Oh. My. God. Ninja Krieger. Krieger with the pot. Elder Dryad telling Zeth how terrible it is to lay at his feet. NOTHING COULD GO RIGHT. Ah well. At least Tanis didn't waylay Zeth. This time.

5. Speaking of Tanis, I do so love how he trains rogues. I echo the "Poor bunny" sentiment.

6. During the Saturday night fight with undead, Zeth saw one of the dwarves get downed, and while backing slowly away towards the tavern, he shouted "Where's the dwarf? Did someone grab the dwarf?" And then Bond &#$@ing materializes out of nowhere saying in a creepy dark voice, "That's an excellent question," before laying into me with his meat tenderizer. :(

Zeth going off on Peter friday night was hillarious. I kept trying to tell Zeth what a great guy Peter was, but it only seemed to have the opposite effect :D

A.Mungo said:
Zeth going off on Peter friday night was hillarious. I kept trying to tell Zeth what a great guy Peter was, but it only seemed to have the opposite effect :D
Yeah I don't see what the big deal about Peter is. He seems just fine to me... :lol:

I would have to say my favorite moment was the Bony Tony fight.
  • Bony Tony is laid into by several of us including: 20 or so spells from Elryion, Eviscerates, Slays, and Terminates from several people, 6 or so spells from me, and all of the damage.
  • Once Bony Tony goes down, Peter starts picking up the stuff. As Peter is asking if I have room in a pouch Bony Tony begins reforming from his bottle in Peter's hand! "Oh ****" Peter cried as he dropped all the stuff from Bony Tony.
  • After Bony Tony is run off, I gather the stuff Bony Tony dropped. Peter was saying the bracelet was Bony Tony's bottle, but I didn't see a bracelet. I did, however, find a ceramic cup thingy. 3 minutes later I found out it was Bony Tony's bottle after all.
  • Subsequently running in a big circle screaming "Oh s***! Bony Tony! Oh f***! Bony Tony!" while running from Nate was a good workout

The Celestial Circle conversations are always fun. Those parties seem to happen every night!

Cards against Tarndale were awesome! "Step 1: Establish Dominance..."

Out-of-game, the Sunday morning acid-trip was awesome! Alavatar did not appreciate it, though.

Pretty fun event. :) There is never enough time to socialize with everyone I want to hang out with, though.

P.S. I cast 0 rituals this event. :D

1: Friday night stumbling through the woods to the peninsula and Na'hui.

2: interactions from stem to stern. PCs, NPCs.

3: Oakpalm Friday night...3am, giggles and quips tossed about.

4: Oakpalm meal plan: delicious morsels.

5: Skree: Leverage...now if I can convince some people to let us wipe these pests out.

6: Dwarf crew: such fun to fight with.

7: Sunday morning scarecrow: it's never simple here.

Sheakhan said:
Roann has 6, so you'd better be packing... You missed the part where I laid there while the lich and friends stood around and raised a bunch of corpses before heading towards the tavern to murderbone everyone. I just followed them until I ran into Ryabel. :p

Oh, okay. So combined we have eighteen hit points. YEAH, ROGUE HEALER SNEAKING DUO

Skoll Wolfrun said:
7: Sunday morning scarecrow: it's never simple here.
Are you talking **** about my girlfriend?

Back