July 2016 Favorites

DracoIam

Spellsword
A huge thanks to all our new volunteers and our amazing NPCs for making our game run so smoothly.

Favorites;
-Valentino saying that my lesson about the effect groups was good and worth listening to.
- Getting to teach 7th circle and quizing him about the other spells he chose to see if he was worth teaching
-Mentoring the newer celestial casters about Scrolls
- All of my interactions with Balion, "there is one story you will see the end of", such great unintentional foreshadowing.
- Trying to convince Balion that we should join up with Fiona
- My poor spelling being endured and getting to make the names list
-Getting to make a little fun of Beryl as always
- Taking to Socura about the Plume Queen position
-Oliver and Lilly's beneficial relationship. I love the service and felt like a lady every time you took my order
- Dying went really well. I was happy it went so smoothly, I highly suggest to everyone to pre pull from the bag.
-Suddenly Lilies were in my hands.
-Byrel throwing all the spells left in memory
- The idea of Lilly's body being rifted in next to York with Von Gyphion
-All the words said by my corps, made me a very tearful corps.
-Getting so many people to cry in game.
- Helping decide who gets what from Lilly's stuff. Its my favorite part of perming I think. I loved seeing trinkets from Gorka around and it will mean just as much to me when I see Lilly's things.
- Getting to play the High Orc Hook and It being so well received. "It was Definitely not my fault"
- "Who the Heck is Hesh?"
- Throwing a townie together quick so I could have dinner in game and apparently doing so well Roff thought it was my new PC
- The site, I think it worked well for us, I was so glad for the showers and happy a majority of you liked it.

Thank you everyone. What were your favorites?

-My first backstab!!
-The conditions under which I finally joined the Griffon Guard (Sorry Roff)
-My res story. Star Wars in Gaden. Thanks, Illana.
-Proving the Valentino that Sir Victor's shield was not, in fact, too heavy for me to run with. And being cut off short because the knight thought I was stealing it.
-Knights and Brigands with Aurealis and realizing I need to stop overthinking the spirit children/Plague Lord stuff.
-Roderick attempting to guilt trip me into feeling bad for Blockey and Annie's deaths so I will stop pursuing this plot line.
-Planning and executing a little side-endeavor with Jamina and Roff.
-Sir Victor half asleep, as I was pleading to join the Griffon Guard and use their funds to protect myself from the situation: "Oh ho ho, you mean those spirit children I told you to stay away from?"
-Realizing the memory problems the King of the Birds seems to have.
-Bonding with Charis, telling him how crazy everything had been during the weekend shortly after my res. The dragon making me feel better about the death, in an odd way.
-Finding a four leaf clover while talking to Charis and him replying: "Why couldn't you have found this last night?"
-Introducing myself to Fiona on the very last mod
-Getting to use the Dragon Bow. Yeah for shooting sevens!
-Rushing into battle after Lilly came back to get shields, dying 5 minutes later, never regretting it.
-Illana showing me the proper place to hold my new armor.
-Complaining to Orius about his new head gear
-Realizing none of the runes where the same after walking around for like an hour collecting them.
-Putting off unicorn stuff in favor of spirit kid stuff.
-Coming up with theories with Roderick and Valentino

This list got way longer then I expected it to. I'm sure there are so many more things I could add.

a few of my favorites...
reforging the dagger and having a time rping it with benjamin and not being sure the best way to do and it going well anyways.
the battle with those elementals a few which had a slight glow about them while protecting charis.
meeting some new adventureers whose names i'll have trouble matching to their faces(sorry about that.).
getting a few monster visits inside the tavern unexpectly .
David R.

The legendary escape from the Shade and Corrupt territory and swimming the Great River.
Seeing Socora coming down the road.
Hearing the cheers after the adventurers' success with Charis.
Red light Green light.
Skitters and Skeeters
Knights And Brigands
Late night exploring with Fredrick
It's a nice site, would like go there again.

So first off, all the NPCs were fantastic. Now I want to emphasize that they all fought great, rolled with the punches, and really made it there own. When they came into town, they had their own RP that made their characters unique. Nicely done!

- Duncan pausing to come up with a messenger name, then stating.."Bettet". Moments later OOG "I really need to think of a name before going out next time".
- Really liked the site! Can't wait to go back in Sept.
- Operation: Capture the Flag. Thanks to everyone who backed up two formalist brilliantly dumb plan to get the Orc Banner. Tarrant appearing was completely unexpected, and the Banner doing the same even more so.
- "Alright, everyone hold hands for ring around the rosey".-Pokey. "I'm not touching their hands"-me. Undead blah!
- Finally locating the Goblet of the Hearth! If only Rudofo was there to use his 47 gypsy curses!
- Being the last two people standing outside the circle on the Forge mod and fully realizing Briar and I were royally screwed. Hurray for E casters and Rebirth!
- Victor coming back soaking wet and exhausted. Badass Matt.

Auntie Johanna's totally AMAZING food and treats!!! I couldn't have picked a better time to retire from being a Tavern Keeper

Poisoning the Shade - his crazy Death Jesters and crunchy undead

Asher/Guandian - Orc Banner mod:
"We can't just leave!! Victor is down!" "He will be fine, he has a Regen, we are leaving NOW." Sure leave the knight to run for his life AND swim the river while weighed down in armor ;P

Reforging of the Dagger mod:
Getting our bottoms handed to us in while trying to reforge the Dagger.
Being left behind imprisoned by those creepy old elves.
Convincing said elves that they really didn't want to kill off the Queen of Bomae, them stealing my sword & shield - which I could get back if I brought a
"Champion", then being chased at (my) top speed the entire way out.
All the hugs for staggering back alive
Baillion bailing me out when I realized that I didn't have enough to pay for the Preserve Scroll for my Spirit Regen
Celestial raging when I realized that not only did Lilly not make it, but those elves still had her body
Briar in a rage - ROCKS!

Dragon Egg mod:

Well maintained and fought battle - Ignious is our unsung beat-stick fighter, he could hold the line with little to no back-up - Negora is turning into a shadow of Asher when it comes to wielding her staff

Sunday morning:
Meeting with Roskaria's Advocator Jerano regarding granting asylum for 'Minister Feathers' of Bohmae. Discussing how the situation between Gaden and Bohmae - the fall out with Strava. Turns out that many of our neighbors seem to think that the Adventurers are a bunch vigilantes - who knew!?! Straightened that nonsense out with Roskaria's advocator. Socora has agreed to be an 'unofficial' Gaden ambassador for any Roskarian citizens/dignitaries who should travel threw our lands.

Enjoyed the Lockslea site - looking forward to going back in September

The NPC's rocked this weekend. So many new NPC's, you were all awesome and I hope that you had a great time.

Where to start...
-Not one, but two fabulous rez stories from Valentino. Jordan you are one of the good ones, you make the game better just by showing up :)
-Benjamin "Let's go murder something", seriously Benjamin where does this hostility come from (this is now what the cartoon of Benjamin says in my head)
-Conversations with Jamina about spoiling Beryl
-Kind of an out of game moment, but getting Carly to laugh so hard that she snorted :) Adorable!
-I know it was Socora's war paint, but clearly that lady needs to be mad more often, you looked amazing this weekend Christina. It was awesome to see you relaxed with more time to enjoy the game, and to become the Queen
-Amy you did an amazing job running the tavern, I heard nothing but praise all weekend and I know that Christina set the bar pretty high
-Teague and Courtney, intoxicating rats making me break my "no running" rule (and I totally beat you in a foot race Keladry)
-Karn Fury, the Dwarf with daddy issues. That mod got a little awkward at the end :)
-The conversation between Keladry and Charis about the clover
-Planning to "rescue" the troglodyte princesses
-Working to make sure that Phredrick an Roff always had a back to swing at when we were in the armor-construct cave
-"I summon a force to disarm your MY MACE!"
-Gandian "Who the heck is Hesh?"
-The mod in the grasslands. I'm pretty sure that ogre's name is "It's not my Fault"
-Playing Knights and brigands
-Shattering the Deep Elf's bow at the exact moment he shot me in the face (and ultimately killed me)
-Courtney and Andrea, that moment when Andrea pulls the black stone. So much emotion in just the body language and facial expressions
-Lilly's permanent death and the way it effected the entire town. It's been a long time since I've seen that much real emotion in one scene at a game
-"Commands don't work on anything without a brain"..."Except for Beryl of course"

I'm sure there are a dozen more. Great job to everyone.

Actually remembering something about magic when I was quizzed about it.

Asking pretty much everyone but the people who use magic what the incantations are. (Thank you everyone)

Repelling two people at once then panicking because Valentino got hit with paranoia and I couldn't help him.

Using more than 15 scrolls in the fight to get the cup.

Listening to Roderick complain about how we over paid for an item.

Having Roderick get upset at me for selling a drink for 3 silver instead of 5 then having him say he was "joking" when I point out he was the one who told me to sell it for that much.

Having a bunch of people point out how lucky I was to get so much gold and items for my first game.

It was my first game ans it was amazing! Can't wait for the next game.

All things Gypsy racial artifact - especially the time I spent trying to touch it, and Asher's threats to put walls between me and it, and the time we couldn't stop laughing. Oh, and I am pretty happy with the curses I came up with.
Roff's amazing save of Jamina's life.
Yelling at Victor for using the life spell on me that I specifically said not to use on me.
Using a "resurrection story" to beg Roff to come back. And all the hugs afterwards.
"Meditating".
Fortune telling for Keladry and Roff.
Defending myself for "spoiling" Beryl and also for lending him my arcane armor. Also, the looks I got whenever I mentioned that Beryl had my arcane armor.
Victor's amazing adventure to get the dagger of navir out of the cave.
All the times the undead managed to come up behind me when some of us were outside, and Asher's exasperation.
All things Gryphon Guard. Getting a Spirit Regen scroll. Thank you!
The rat cave.
Baleon and the names he gives his weapons.
How the heck did I end up with Moonbeam, of all things?
Chasing around the "Bird King" to try to see his crown. The "Bird King's" prosthetic wings.
"It's not my fault."

Two words:

Bomaen Ghetto

"Where they still collect taxes, but don't fix the roads."

Back