July Event

Shane

Artisan
Does the July event still take place in Finn Castle Bastion, or will the fact that we're at a different camp reflect a different in-game location?

In other words, am I bringing my Circle of Power rep? ;)

Given Lord Galloway's in-game address at end of last game, you may recall the "we're taking to ship" speech, I'm going to guess the next game is in Thelucia. In fact, if I recall correctly there was an in-game announcement that those who did not sail by ship could still join them thereby portal?

Oh, Shaners, and everyone else in the Vanguard, are any of you going to hit Stoneroost with Nic? I was thinking to send him there for June-July.... We can talk about that via pm's if you guys are interested.

-Nic

Shhh said:
Given Lord Galloway's in-game address at end of last game, you may recall the "we're taking to ship" speech, I'm going to guess the next game is in Thelucia. In fact, if I recall correctly there was an in-game announcement that those who did not sail by ship could still join them thereby portal?

Psh. I don't listen to undead nobles. Good to know, though. No Circle -- sad face.

Shhh said:
Oh, Shaners, and everyone else in the Vanguard, are any of you going to hit Stoneroost with Nic? I was thinking to send him there for June-July.... We can talk about that via pm's if you guys are interested.

Definitely PM or IM me. I'll talk to the rest of the crew and see what's up. We may have other matters that need attention first.

Teaser: The players might not end up where they intended to. Bah bah baaaaaaaah.

I can tell you they will not be in Finn Castle Bastion.

Gary

Curious, would it be possible to have a post detailing what took place at the end of the last event? Or something similar?

I Know, personally, I was tending to a resurrecting friend when this announcement was made, and Only heard of it through a "WE'RE ALL GETTING ON A BOAT RIGHT NOW sort of hear say from someone else.

I'm sure a lot of people who either weren't at the event, or just didn't hear it would love to know what happened, and why everyone they know suddenly went on a cruise.

Just Curious. As is Darius, I'm sure.

-RyAn

This happened to everyone at that same resurrection, and I was on my way out, so never got the message either. Thanks Ryan for asking for a clue!

being that some of us were at the rez (ha as opposed to ON the rez! i crack myself up!) anyways uhh...i think we're fish bait! swimmin' or something...i hope the foods not too heavy HEHEHEHEHEH ::pulling the swimming yaks out of retirement:::

So wait, wherever we will be... will there be no permenant circles? That seems like it could be a problem for gameplay... but I'm still new so I guess I'll just be along for the ride in any case. :D

Dreamingfurther said:
So wait, wherever we will be... will there be no permenant circles? That seems like it could be a problem for gameplay... but I'm still new so I guess I'll just be along for the ride in any case. :D

There will likely be a permanent circle.

I only mentioned having/not having mine as my team has our own Limited Circle, which obviously cannot travel with us.

For what it's worth, we have had events in the past without permanent circles. In one case, resurrections were performed on the field by a powerful dragon who was able to coax the spirits back to the world.

Or at least that was the intent. In practice he was senile as hell and screamed about corn a lot.

Ya know, given the grim new nature of the Deadlands ya might not want to bank on there being a permanent earth circle. That's kind of a big part of its ongoing story now, there are a very definitive number of permanent earth circles left. I'm not putting it past Gary or Dan to strand us without one for a weekend. In fact, I'm of the opinion it would be kinda neat, but I'm a one of those sick necro bastard folk so what do I know :eek:

poor poor Sun, being rezzed by the chaos dragon because there was no circle. Then to top it off, her clothes were in a ward that she wasn't invested in. That was a rough day. But hey, at least Reaper is a gentleman and Sparky likes yellow dragons. :)

a dragon screaming about corn? uh-huh.... right... backs away slowly and really evalutates her decision for playing in the next event

Most people didn't know he was a dragon for quite awhile after that.

He was just an old senile man who was extremely powerful who we'd woken up from a LONG nap.

Yeah, It wasn't just corn he talked about to. It was those kids and their damn loud music. He just didn't understand the noise they were making. He also inflamed someone to drop an goblin they were holding.

Shane said:
syra pefferfoot said:
kay, i gotta know, who played the corn complaining, screaming at kids about their music dragon

It was Eric, the same guy that plays Grog the ogre.

Guess theres no hiding from THAT role. You damn medling kids!

syra pefferfoot said:
a dragon screaming about corn? uh-huh.... right... backs away slowly and really evalutates her decision for playing in the next event

Maybe thats why I wasnt asked to be the New Player Contact this go around...

Oh and for you crazy craps who LOVE to try and figure things out ahead of time
HINT: I'm not PCing the next event.... :eek: ;)

With a pinch of chaos,
-Eric

Ya know Eric, that's really no way to encourage people to PC ya bastage.

Although if all goes well and work allows, I will be there as Nic in July. So you will at least have one necromantic bird boy to beat on. Try not to get too excited.

Back