July Favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiko

Adept
Thank you so much Plot, Staff, NPCs and PCs for making this such an amazing event. I really feel like Crossroads is raising the bar. Keep up the amazing work!

Favorites:

-Getting to play Michiko in a mercury golem and run around with Heresy in a mercury golem???? I lived through it and I still can’t believe it happened. These shenanigans were definitely the highlight of my weekend.

-Jess’ chef losing it over someone taking her special spoon. You made helping in the kitchen so much fun. I can’t wait to see what other wackiness you have in store!

-Kelly as Madam Nadia. I love the fact that this character is so different from Figment, and how she gives way more information than anyone wants to know.

-Merc Michiko riding piggyback on Merc Heresy = a new kind of Voltron: Hereko

-Running the Healer’s Guild meeting, as a fighter who while a healer was never a member of a healer’s guild.

-The look on Jesse H.’s face when I begged him to subjugate me. It very clearly said “What do you think I am, a celestial templar or something?” ;)

-Tim as my tormenter and getting rescued by the Gyspies. Jesse S. commenting that we’d been watching too much True Blood lately when one of our possible solutions was for me to try to drink his.

-All things Tab. You can make the most intricate and detailed rp look totally effortless. It contributes so much to the realism of the game. I am in awe.

-Late night chats in the woods with Albert, minus the pack of coyotes.

-Creepy. Dolls.

-The dollmaker’s book. What a neat prop! I really enjoyed the pictures of the different dolls. Kudos!

-Getting to see the giant ball this time! That looked like so much fun.

-Walking into town only to see Haka and a bunch of goblins walking off with the unconscious wolf kin. You sir are playing a different kind of game and it is awesome.

Many, many, many more. Can’t wait for next month!

Friday night highlights-
Going on two supply runs, I liked the puzzle aspect for both. The first one went quick and we had no troubles, the second one as we were going to the supply location our group ended up getting pounced on by four waves of goblins. Definately not an easy supply run that time.

Using four waylays the first night and having each of them work on its target. Holding up one of my waylay victims so the other goblins arent distracted as I use my short sword to killing blow it and then drag off the body into the darkness.

RP!(this is actually a highlight for the next two days as well)

Saturday-
Ito pulling out the coin wrap and going at the candy machine like it was no tomorrow. Of course then our Spider Kin friend developed an addiction to also turning the knob and pretty much clean out abunch of people for copper coin. All too funny. Then I decided to get into the fun and put in coin myself. Magic item goodness!

Going into combat several times and wondering why the goblins were getting harder to kill and why it seemed they were giving us a harder time overall as a town.

Being scared during the night wave battle as we had no guild healer with life spells if we really needed it. Happy though that we didnt and the battle didnt turn out quite as bad as everyone feared in the beginning.

RP! Duffy running tavern at night and ensuring food and drinks definately helps keep RP going in the tavern.

Sunday-
Talking with Knight Gavin about taking first steps toward nobility, and giving as honest of an answer to the questions as he could.

French toast! Loved the breakfast. Then again I just love french toast overall.

Pissing off the big bad, yup Loken did it and got smacked with a prison for it of which everyone in Orange county heard my first scream(got hit with two, one popped my spell shield causing the scream and the other caught me silencing the scream but not the pain). Thinking on it now though the Shaman has earned a permenant heckler until one of them goes to a perm death.

Increasing the size of one team, and getting in at the start of another team were also two things that took place over the weekend which are also pretty cool. Gonna be rocking some serious gear in the future to represent Lokens allegence to a new house.

In the end I loved my weekend, Fucken Crossroads!

thank you staff, and npc's !!!!
this event was so worth the 5.5 hour drive.
i had so much fun.
my favorites this weekend have to be

playing a new pc, i had so much fun playing maggie.
growling and snarling at the npc's was great.

playing fetch with a few people this past weekend was fun.

hunting the rabbits, and the deer was awesome
allthough on that deer hunt, going up the hill and seeing it was will made me cringe and go fook ><. as in knowing how much running i was gonna have to do.
but it was AWESOME,

being afraid of goblins was defintly a change. ha ha ha

justin coggins's racist old man saturday morning
me -"grrr"
justin "dont you growl at me."
me- "grrrr."
justin "dont you growl at me."
me- "grrrr."
all the while im trying not to laugh so hard

the heresy and michigo merc golems were cool untill they started killing everyone. gary's calling for a subjugate and im like, >< avalon's not here, and she usually has one.

also the battle saturday night was great. lying with the romani/darkelves in the dark on the otherside of the field and the npc's passing right by us and our plan of pinching the first wave in between the town and romani/darkelves and me force , and landing my one back attack into a goblin and that goblin dropping was i hit him and he went down and it was great!!

playing jenga with chazz, wobble wobble wobble. :lol: and then chad,

fighting the giant ball was omg, amazing that was so cool i even managed to get a few hits in.

saving jesse stanley's life at the tavern area.

the npc' who plays socko, sorry im terrible with names, got a super lucky shot off with a sleep spell on my claw. after i had just been woken up not two seconds before.

playing with lauren as the wolf on saturday night.

the food!! loved the breakfasts and dinner was awesome, maggie has some food agrression though he he.

the whole weekend was great. and if i can, i will make next event.
thanks again
staff and npc's!!!!

I love NPCing at crossroads. Here are some of my highlights...

-Going out as the Muckers with Kate Hetu as my Chicky. She is so much fun to play with no matter what role she has. She brings it to life and rolls with the punches. We made a beautiful old, forgetful, and insane couple hehe. Playing Jenga with Vahzi and Collin's cool new sightless warrior PC was soooooooo fun.

-Going rogue with Albert and Nellie! Though we got seperated, it was fun creeping around and actually getting the drop on someone. It was a nice prep for the next day where Albert and I would rogue through the woods, bargaining, ganking, and just rp'ing on a hike. I thought that was awesome. We stayed in character the whole time even though nobody was around. You're the man bro.

-Final enocunter RP w/ Tab in the circle, and all the PCs who spoke up for a little old school smack talk. Getting there was so much fun too. Christina was so fun to interact with as Zigwala. Craig and Jeremy were so great in their roles as well.

-Rat Wars late saturday night with Lauren Marra and Brian Bender. That was sooo much fun. Every scrap we got into was intense and challenging. Particular note was our last life where I squared off against Chazz and Scott, w/ a weaknessed Bobo rat randomly coming in for the distraction. Duffy shifted in at one point so refits could happen. It was a good time, and a really clean night fight despite the terrain trying to kill me, Lopez, and Chad on several occasions.

-Speaking of Duffy, getting 'mugged' by him was a real treat!

-All things Jesse Stanley. Our shennaniganery was legendary. Love between a goblin and a rom is possible, but it ends violently, and there is usually a bat present.

-Feeling very immersed in all of my roles. There are no 'just a' roles at Crossroads. You are not just a rat, or just a goblin. You are a mangy, diseased, snarling, crazy beast. You are a green, warty, gross psychopathic killer.

-Meeting some great new folks who came to NPC, thanks for coming!

The whole experience for me was really great, and I have everyone who attended to thank for that. We are a part of something wholly unique and special as Alliance larpers, and I can't really define it. It's just good. Very good. :)

That being said, the keyword is ALLIANCE. Deadlands and HQ are right around the corner on the east coast, so there is some very excellent gaming to be had. Check out the calendar on the main www.alliancelarp.com page for all the great games you can play!

Thanks again EVERYONE! <3

Justin Coggin
-Alliance Crossroads Senior Encounter Head

A big fav of mine was the staff and NPC!!!! Everyone was very helpful with any questions I had.

Stating was great...nothing too easy and nothing too hard....had a great feel...

Loved the job postings...great idea...if you wanted something to do then you just looked at the jobs..or you didnt...I think I did 3 or 4 of them...

next the Rping by everyone.. PC and NPC...it was great..even the Characters that I (the player) have meet seemed sooo different..it was great...fun rp I had was trying to defend the non-human hating humans as a non-human to other non-humans..its just how they are...if you want it to change then YOU have to try and make a change!!! it was great for me..

the build cap!!! it was great fun to have that "oh $hit" feeling...trying to get to the washhouse with out a group, cause I might get jumped by goblins!!!1 man it was like I was 16 again and back in old school NERO!!!! it was great!!!!

Man I can say that the whole event was a Fav for me, just playing with the great people in this game and see people from the otherside...

Matt King
player of Rasha

First off, I'd like to thank the crossroads staff, NPCs, and individuals that made this a great experience.
My favorites in no particular order are:
Walking to the tavern and being offered some dwarven spirits that knocked Haka's socks off!
Gary as he played Charades as a lightening elemental and his communicating with the group.
The creature laws of the town and Roleplaying Haka as being deeply offended. Great fun.
Colin and Amy's racist humans and having great political discussions and ultimately finding some commonality.
Good roleplaying with the ROM pack, the bullies. It was awesome, awesome. Some very tense moments there.
Being forced to deal with a PC that was violating a non-attack agreement between the Golbins and Haka. Sorry Lopez, but it was a good fight!
The wave battle where Heresy and Michiko started screaming "Subjigate me!" as they pummelled the town and jumping over the fences as they were fighting near the pool area. You guys ROCKED!
Saturday night, fireworks in the middle of the wave battle. It was all dat an a bag o chips!
A special shout-out to Miss Bender and Duffy for your awesome grub and hard work to keep the PCs fed.

THere is proably more that I just can't think of at the moment, but it was a great time!

This whole event was a blast, but some favs in no real order:

Mi Familia!

Hearing the story of the first doll in town, once we'd secured the proper booze.

Being interviewed about curses.

Confronting Haka. Very tense and very cool. In fact, all things Haka.

Redeyes.

Going looking for him alone, and finding him.

Tea with Zigwit.

Getting my head messed with by a rock, then being over-protective whenever my family got anywhere near it.

Having my doll removed and my face melted.

The awesome puzzles, especially the Cube.

Helping Michiko's spirit on her way.

When she thanked us later in the tavern.

Promising to return her necklace.

Awesome RP and combat from ALL the NPC's. Thanks.

Great effects, particularly the red laser out in the woods and the red eyes.

The thing that one of us did, and the rest of us dealt with, that we won't mention here.

The Heresy/Michiko fight that Kashang saw in game... "25 normal" turn around to face Heresy, "eviscerate" from Michiko, fall to ground...

Having an almost PvP encounter with Haka and then realizing we shared the 4 person cabin.

noticing the "Human" population who didn't like non-humans asked for help, and 90+% of the people (adventurers) who came were non-human.

The Gary-lightning guy was very cool. My toon "HATES" lightning. Had to refrain very much from attacking him...

Listening to random people, by the end of the weekend, saying "YA YA"... made of win...

Kashang/Jim

Thank you NPC's and Stuff for a damn amazing weekend!!!!!!!
My favorites in no particular order are:
Coming in to game acting as though Calab was still in dead lands and freaking out about it.
Getting put in charge of the Alchemy guild, partly because I am a human.
RP with Brian as his miner! So much fun just chilling and drinking in game!
Chazz and mine coverstaion in the tavern friday night:

Chazz: hey calab your human right?
Me: Yes?
Chazz: then do u hate me?
Me: no where i come from there is nothing really wrong with gypsy's.

Poking Haka trying to figure out what he was and then having him poke me back through out the weekend.
Long conversations with Haka learn about one another and finding a few things we can kinda agree on.
"Don't hug da Haka!"
Talking to Zagan Saturday morning and learn about the world and about his character.
Parole Office Michiko in her crazy magic golem checking up on calab and making sure she is behaving like a good sadeen moor.
Also being the first one she hit when she went crazy I see how it works Becca hit the sadden moor first lol jk.
Damn sweet Fire works during the Saturday night wave!
Alchemy plot was super cool!
After about 24 hours of mocking each other sitting down with Lokens and talking stuff out to a point.
"I'd rather kick a dragon in the face."
Explaining what Deadlands was like to all the pcs and npcs and enjoying their reactions of fear and disbelief.

Such a great week thank you again guys!

Tetsu said:
I love NPCing at crossroads. Here are some of my highlights...

-Going out as the Muckers with Kate Hetu as my Chicky. She is so much fun to play with no matter what role she has. She brings it to life and rolls with the punches. We made a beautiful old, forgetful, and insane couple hehe. Playing Jenga with Vahzi and Collin's cool new sightless warrior PC was soooooooo fun.

-Going rogue with Albert and Nellie! Though we got seperated, it was fun creeping around and actually getting the drop on someone. It was a nice prep for the next day where Albert and I would rogue through the woods, bargaining, ganking, and just rp'ing on a hike. I thought that was awesome. We stayed in character the whole time even though nobody was around. You're the man bro.

-Final enocunter RP w/ Tab in the circle, and all the PCs who spoke up for a little old school smack talk. Getting there was so much fun too. Christina was so fun to interact with as Zigwala. Craig and Jeremy were so great in their roles as well.

-Rat Wars late saturday night with Lauren Marra and Brian Bender. That was sooo much fun. Every scrap we got into was intense and challenging. Particular note was our last life where I squared off against Chazz and Scott, w/ a weaknessed Bobo rat randomly coming in for the distraction. Duffy shifted in at one point so refits could happen. It was a good time, and a really clean night fight despite the terrain trying to kill me, Lopez, and Chad on several occasions.

-Speaking of Duffy, getting 'mugged' by him was a real treat!

-All things Jesse Stanley. Our shennaniganery was legendary. Love between a goblin and a rom is possible, but it ends violently, and there is usually a bat present.

-Feeling very immersed in all of my roles. There are no 'just a' roles at Crossroads. You are not just a rat, or just a goblin. You are a mangy, diseased, snarling, crazy beast. You are a green, warty, gross psychopathic killer.

-Meeting some great new folks who came to NPC, thanks for coming!

The whole experience for me was really great, and I have everyone who attended to thank for that. We are a part of something wholly unique and special as Alliance larpers, and I can't really define it. It's just good. Very good. :)

That being said, the keyword is ALLIANCE. Deadlands and HQ are right around the corner on the east coast, so there is some very excellent gaming to be had. Check out the calendar on the main http://www.alliancelarp.com page for all the great games you can play!

Thanks again EVERYONE! <3

Justin Coggin
-Alliance Crossroads Senior Encounter Head

Damn, sorry I missed it. Sounds like it was a great event again. Damn in-laws messing with my Alliance plans *shakes fist at sky*.

Thanks to staff, NPCs, and PCs for an awesome weekend! I had no idea how I was going to get through the weekend with so little energy, and we found a way - I was so happy. :)

- Long live the Muckers! That whole encounter was pretty much me trying desperately not to bust out laughing every time Coggins started talking. Jenga with a blind character was pretty fricking sweet, too, btw.

- The Gypsy team liquoring Thomasyn WAY, WAY up so she could talk. I had so much fun RPing with Nadia (and thanks, Kelly for putting the cold bottle on my back! Was so nice to cool down)

- HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAA... No, really, he'll slit your throat. (silence)

- Riyashi the egg whisker, and Genevieve giving a stern talking-to to the PCs for her lack of spoon and lid.

- Lightning elemental fun. Getting to mess with the PCs, and having Tamara be the eager-to-please student tormenting the poor stone elemental.

- Random visits from my niece! D'awwww. Undead bebeh made my whole morning!

- The final wave battle, from start to finish. Getting bounced on by the ball, psyching out the PCs, and having fun being a goblin. The Emperor's betrayal, seeing Justin roll with the punches, and all the fun of prisoned PCs on the battlefield.

- All the animals sent out over the weekend, and the instructions given to each one of them as to motivation. It was never just "go be a bunny," it was, "The PCs need to hunt you, and you're a poor, defenseless bunny. Scream, run, and make them feel bad for killing you, okay? Here's your stats." Nothing was sent out mindlessly, which was refreshing.

Okay my turn!

- LIGHTNING!
For those who don't know the back story... I had the opportunity to table top with my husband, Brian, who created this character who was so afraid of lightning he became a lightning mage. His method of combat was to put a rock in a sock and swing it at a person's head 3 times before hitting them with a lightning bolt. "Neck, neck, neck... LIIIIGGHHHTNNIINNNG" When I was asked to play Tamara, the apprentice to the Celestial Guidmaster, I could only think to play a similar character who instead of being afraid of lightning was in love with it. Thank you to all of the PCs who took the concept and ran with it. I loved how everyone got into it with Tamara and when they would see her they would hail her with "Liiiighhtnnninnnng". Fantastic!

- Job Interviews
Imagine having the opportunity to finally get a change to have your dream job! The hiring manage just requires a few tests to see if you are the right fit. Kate did an amazing job as the "hiring manager" and I loved the interaction with all of the PCs who first helped Tamara get the interview and then the two PCs who decided to go with Tamara. Favorite part was at the very end as the PCs are exiting and Tamara turns to face the "test" (expertly played by Lauren Marra) and starts saying, "1 lightning."

- Made to order omelets, pasta & meatballs, and french toast, oh my!
Okay, maybe omelets are not the best idea for an Alliance event when your stove only allows you to make 1 to 2 omelets at a time, but I greatly appreciated all of the complements and satisfied patrons. It was awesome having all of the help in the kitchen. Sean and Jesse were expert egg whippers. Kelly rocked the bacon. Becca mastered the art of melon slicing. Kate who is by far the best order taker and kept everything straight. And Kelsey & Brian who were johnny on the spot from washing dishes to making coffee. Thank you for Dan for going on the BJ's Wholesale adventure with me and trying to get all the shopping down in 30 minutes before they closed. Thank you to everyone who ate and burped and enjoyed the food. You making cooking at Alliance a real pleasure.

- Genevieve the Chef
I wasn't sure how I was going to play this character until I got into the kitchen and realized my spoon and lid were missing. Next thing I know she has a personality of her own and the poor PCs in the tavern had to deal with one angry chef. Thanks for taking the RP and finding the lid. All sorts of fun ideas are brewing for this character and the tavern!

- Blowing up what?!?
I love documenting Alliance CrossRoads pyrotechnics. I am not sure if any of the PCs were able to watch carefully as there was fighting going on, but they actually had a long fuse that was lit and slowly burned to the "bomb". For nearly 10 minutes this fuse burned until the "bomb" went off and you saw the fire explode high in the sky. It was so bright I had to look away from my camera! I will edit the film and post it up sometime next week.

- Goblins, goblins and a giant baring ball?!?
It is fun to watch the wave battles in this chapter. I loved taking photos of the wave battle on Sunday where the PCs had to fight the big ball and then run after the goblins to see what they were up to. Amazing RP from Tab and Justin as dark creepy character and betrayed goblin upstart shaman. I loved all of the RP and the fighting. Epic battle and for the two PCs that rez'd at least you have an amazing story to tell. :)

Well that is it for now. Great game CrossRoads!

Jessica

Jess, all the food was outstanding, thanks so much for cooking and bringing grub!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back