July Guest Plot Event Favorites

Big thanks to the Guest Plot of this last event and the NPC's who helped make their idea happen! It was really great to get to experience a guest plot event from the player side this time. Everybody did a great job and I had a blast. Favorites in no particular order:

-The spider queen, great costuming and a cool plot line overall.
-Gloworm/moth fight with strands of goo along the path. Maybe would have been a little nicer with some more light because a lot of people were having a hard time seeing if they were touching the strands or not. But overall really fun and a good way from keeping us just swamping the NPC's.
-So many Dwarves! was really cool seeing a lot of Dwarf NPC's hanging around which you don't often see.
-Casting my very first ritual (and succeeding) as a Player not just the character.
-Hammer of Ivar DiamondCrusher, really glad you guys took up the idea I started and that I was able to get a little piece of it as a player.
-Getting to do some Hobbling negotiation for the hook for the next Guest Plot.
-Teague on Stilts!
-Fighting the Elves Saturday night, that was an awesome fight!
-Getting to land my Death spells and having them work!

I know I ended missing a lot of day to day stuff but I still had a great time!

Was a little disappointed to miss Friday but I had a lot of fun seeing the ideas of the guest plot coming to fruition in an awesome way. I'm getting really excited for running one next month.

- Roy finally feeling like an equal to Gandian after being his apprentice for so long. Those were some big shoes for him to fill.
- Jamina's wedding. The cake and the music especially.
- spirit link shennanegan ideas
- late night deep sea creature kin ideas
- one second away from disaster in the Saturday afternoon blade eaters
- almost extincting a species
- getting my hand yanked off just for trying to help. That's what being nice gets you!
- FINALLY getting some of my friends to try the game. Thank you Tony and Brenda (Mint) for coming out and hope you come back soon!

There were probably more but that's all that comes to mind right now

Wow, what a great event! Thanks to Ryan, Emma, Sid, Adam and Teague for working so hard to make it happen. There was a lot of fun story to discover, good combat and mod mechanics, and cool puzzles to solve.
It was great seeing so many first event players jump right into the game. I hope you all had a great time and that we'll see you in August as well!

--The giant spiny brood mother was fantastic and terrifying! I've never felt such a perfect moment for that Fear gaze attack, with Teague towering over us on stilts. (I hope someone got a picture?)
--Seeing the map of the mines getting slowly filled out over the event and finding the little notes that filled in the history of the mines
--Farkus's under-the-beard dinner technique
--Trying very hard to let the alchemists deal with the bottle puzzle while my fighter hit things. :p "I'm guessing Nausea, Vertigo, Amnesia." 30 minutes of experimentation later... "Well the important thing is, I was right."
--Chatting with Murray the purple alchemy squid-elf...thing
--Facepalming my way through the argument about whether it counts as murder if the victim claims not to be mad about it. That was... a thing, I guess
--The many random accents of the Tremblestone clan
--The smash-able rocks--very cool idea for hiding stuff!
--Barging in on the Elves being all smarmy in their fancy dinner circle, and wrecking up their dining room. Those were some tough Elves! I'm glad I remembered my Disarm item in time to steal Lilly's shield back from Emma. ;)
--Breaking out Encannis from the Forge. Sid did a great job with both the combat and RP for the efreet!
--Seeing some neat non-standard ritual scrolls and figuring out what to do with them, including the scroll to produce Blade Eaters. A simple trade to get the Blade Eaters out of town forever? Heck yes!
--The river mod with the moss-mouth giant mace guy. "...Is he just tricking us into cleaning up packets?"

Thanks again, and I can't wait to see you all next time!

I had a lot of fun and it sucked I missed the big mod on Saturday but it was still a great weekend! Thank you!
-I had a bonding moment with the Sarr from wayside after the Broodmother(?) fight.
-Got to debate if something is really a right and how somethings are only illegal if and when a noble says so!
-Talked about the Dark Elf culture
-Had a learning experience on what is and isn't legal in different places with the Dark Elf from Wayside
-I had a "healing pool" of 325...kinda
-I loved the spore mod! I didn't get to really help that much but that was because of other stuff.

Errick

Some favorites of mine:

- Alexander walks into MC early Saturday morning, "By the way...I couldn't sleep last night, so I went out and found 3 of the treasure rocks".
- Souzin to Crescent, "Please, I welcome you inside, I'm unarmed". Kalith looks at the sword and shield on the table and shakes his head and laughs. "nice try".
- I enjoyed how well Nidea turned out on the Friday Town fight and then Puppeteering Rodrick as he was on his death count.
- Watching PCs unload enough gasses within 10 seconds of the mod to go through all of Pyrrah's poison defenses. Then purifying her, dragging her back and giving her a few more resist via the forge magic. Seriously, well done in figuring out our 1 big weakness.
- Doing the Pikmin mod for the now 8th time with some new puzzles and people who haven't done it before
- Teagues Horned Devourer. Did a lot of damage for something throwing 8 Dispel or 5 massive.
- Teague being 1 second away from Destroying the MWE Racial Artifact until Oliver interrupted it.
- Having 1 death spell defeat my Saturday night BBG after all spell defenses were down. I don't think I've ever seen a death defeat the BBG in a town fight in 7 years of playing.
- Alex's NPC makeup dedication; so always went all out and it looked great.
- Slimey Blade Eater Eggs
- Identification Station for rocks and MIs. I'm glad people enjoyed the breakable rocks. Also, "Can I use this to identify a spirit?" "Yes, sit them on it and hit them with the hammer..."
- Seeing Sid really take full reins on writing mods and running them on his own--especially the way he played Conag and the goggles!
- Fimir Mod and belly shields.
- Emma's Tunnel Map. We had a full blank one in MC we filled out what rooms had whatever mod we just ran and then gave PCs pieces for each room. Seeing the full PC map was great.
- Josh's Hammer for the Blade Eater fight.
- The Broken brown gear golem that when fixed was the strongest of them all
- "Doomcleaver Family Values" mod and the 6 pictures PCs had to figure out the lineage. Glad people started taking notes when I talked.
- Ruby's fake paper beard
- Learning that PCs gave Meleron the Create Harvester Beast Scroll. I honestly thought PCs would keep it and give it to the Dwarves or Talon. A solid ending.

I may think of more later!

Hey Guest Plot Team: Y'all really did a great job this event! Ryan, Emma, Adam, Sid, Teague, give yourselves a well-earned pat on the back. Here are a few of my favorites, in no order:
  • Honestly, every mod I went on was a good one! There wasn't a single one that stands out as being a less-than-excellent mod, and that's a hard thing to accomplish!
  • "....aaaaaaaaand WHEELBARROW!"
  • The Hammer of Ivar Diamondcrusher! Super cool rep by Josh, and I was super pleased to see Rick's plot element from our April event carry on into this game.
  • Unexpected meeting with Meleron!
  • Crystal dagger from Meleron!
  • After seeing the hook for the Pikmin mod in Chicago 7 times and never attending, I finally got to do it!
  • Big ol' Teague monster!
  • Return of the Fimirs!
  • Treasure boulders! I loved watching PCs chiseling stuff out of the little ones, and I loved finding three of the big ones on my restless walk.
  • Ruby's beard!
  • Cavern map! It was a super cool way to tie all the mods together and consolidate our information.
  • Twin Elf fight! I loved how the PCs got to fight all the stuff they previously faced and learned info about, and the Deep Elves were just the right amount of difficult for the high levels to take on for it to be a fun fight.
  • Oliver actually dropping Souzin with a Death, then doing it again when he revived!
  • All of the new NPCs this game were awesome! I really hope to see them return!
  • While I didn't see their actual mod, the hooded, torch-bearing NPCs looked absolutely terrifying when I saw them leaving NPC camp.
  • Special shout-out to Kyle, Dani, Kayla, and Patrick! Y'all know why.
And no doubt tons more! Thanks again, and I can't wait to see what the next Guest Plot team has in store for us!

Last edited:
A huge thanks to everyone that came out and especially to those who offered kind words to me about my mods. I've been wanting to do this for a long time and more than anything I've wanted y'all to enjoy it. Hearing so many encouraging things from people alone has made my weekend. With that out of the way some other favorites are...

• Josh is an amazing guy and the fact that he was able to make the Hammer of Ivar Diamond-Crusher on such short notice is so appreciated.
  • Training in new NPCs. Rob, Ben, Alex, Tony, and Jessica did fantastic for their first time out and I hope to see them all again soon.
  • Special shout out to Alex for her makeup help!
  • Spirit Link attack!
  • Conag's name and his obsession with explosives are no accident. AgCNO or silver fulminate is a type of highly explosive silver salt. Conag is of course an anagram for AgCNO.
  • Guys I ran one man mods. By myself. I did a thing!
  • I've never interacted extensively with Gandian IG and... Wow... Amazing RP especially with Cedric the Beast Master.
  • Fighting Josh Clark and friends as the blade breaker. Ya over achievers.
  • Playing Incanis was truly a blast even if my body hated me for it the next day.
Thanks again for this opportunity folks I enjoyed it immensely!

Thanks to the guest plot team for a fun weekend.
The Good
Relevant to guest plot

• The hidden rocks around were really cool, and rewarded exploring and scouting around. and then having to break them open to see the prize inside was fun too.
  • The tunnel map was really good too. It was nice to be able to see our progress throughout the weekend, and see what other people were doing. Sometimes one can just miss something or take a nap and miss a lot and have no idea what happened. The map was a good way to go.
Other fun stuff
  • I really felt I was on top of my game with the blue spiders on Friday night. Had 'em running scared. ;) It's nice to be (or at least feel like) I'm at a point where I can actually do something.
  • Convincing Errick's friends to let him resurrect
  • Finding that thing with Errick
  • Jedi practice with Crescent, Kalith, Jasper and others
  • Getting that Item made for me from Gandian. Even though Isabo and I got into a bidding battle (again)
  • Having my fortune read with tarot cards on Sunday night was a lot of fun.
  • Chatting with the new npcs and shootin the ****
  • Watching the celestial duel of Gandian vs someone whos name I cant remember was entertaining
  • The broodmother fight was cool, and I actually got to use ledgermain. Cool guys dont look at explosions.
  • Also being the one to killing blow the twin and it actually working
  • learning how to play Go was a lot of fun. J'rajj loves games!
The Bad
Relevant to guest plot

• I didn't much care for the spore mod. as a player I thought it was tedious, and as J'Rajj I thought it was just a live grenade that was waiting to blow up in my face and I was having none of that. Also J'Rajj can't even see colour so the changing coloured spore cloud and ooze meant nothing to him. It's cool that other people enjoyed it, but it wasn't for me.
  • Also Emma, I hope I didn't come off as bitchy when I went looking for trouble late sunday night. I just don't like being a part of team overkill, and I understand that most npcs were passed out by then.
Other Bad stuff
  • This is nobody's fault but I always seem to just miss pantherghast fights. and it sucks cause I love fighting pantherghasts.
The Ugly
  • The broodmother was one ugly SOB. In a good way.;)
  • I need to step my facepaint game up

-Fighting our way through the five floors of the "Bad Decisions Room" to kill a Blade Breaker, just to prove a point.
-Jedi training in the yard with Jaspear, J'rajj, Pel, argose, crescent, and Kalith. (Whatever a Jedi is anyways.)
-The troglodytes who wandered into camp, trying to kill the few of us there, even after we so kindly offered them cake.
-Watching Zihr "attempt" to befriend a giant monster dog.
-The wizard battle, and watching Gandian prison some unsuspecting adventurers. (All in good fun of course.)

~Earendur (Elros)

I don't know how I forgot to mention this one...

Ryan: "It's Nathaniel Ironclub."
Me: "...The Fatty Liars Club?"
Ryan: "...No?"
Me: "What?"

I'm great at listening, you guys...

So I want to thank the Main Plot and Logistic teams for doing what they do. I also want to thank the Guest Plot team and the great NPC’s for doing what y’all did. Really great event overall, here are some of my favorite bits:

-Jamina and Sentofino’s wedding. I haven’t ever seen Jenny that giddy. Thanks to Kayla/Locke for presiding, Tim/Sentofino for being the man, and to Kyle/Liam for providing the music.

-The mechanic of mapping the caverns was fantastic, thanks to the PC’s and plot folks that made it possible.

-The “Room of bad build choices” with all my Templar and Adept brothers. Great, clean fights, and another fun mechanic. Well done to Elros and Aurious for making it to the end with me. Well done to Sid and Ryan for making it fun.

-Finding out that I’ve got a B.F.F. for the next 500 years was pretty cool

-Karn Stonefury continues to have daddy issues. Thanks Adam

-Briefly running the battle for the first half of the Blade-eater fight was a great experience for me.

-I thought the Buelette were a great concept, and would’ve been terrifying if we didn’t have so many pc’s on the mod.

-Dealing with the delegation from Pratorak, in a sort of official capacity, was also a new experience for me. Thanks Carly and Kayla

-Learning the finer points of the handshake from Benril

-Ishkavaim, I’ve been waiting for a while to see that character, and I was not disappointed.

-Ryn’s new weapon reps. I have to admit that’s the first time that I’ve been called “senpai”.

-All of the NPC’s were fantastic. The new NPC’s were amazing. We don’t give you folks enough credit, you make the game possible and we love you all for it.

-There were also quite a few new pc’s and you all rocked as well. It’s great to see new players on both sides of the fence. If there’s anything I can do to help y’all enjoy the game just let me know.

-Six generations of Doomcleavers were fantastic. Also the dress up montage I imagine Ryan had (with 80’s music) was probably amazing.

-I missed a golden opportunity to ask Meleron to teach me archery.

-I almost turned Jedi Training into full on Cricket, so close. Maybe next event I’ll bring my actual cricket gear.

Those are the highlights. Thanks to everyone who made this event great.

Josh C

judging from the other posts , all of the good points were taken. so here goes nothing. first the wedding was quite and tied in well with your 25th anniversary TIM & JENNY, second all the dwarves there was very surprising and learning about the eternal forge and it possible tie-ins will be something to look into to. the battle with the deep elves was good and quite tough.

Finally a day off, so I can think in peace!

Thank you to the Guest Plot team - Ryan, Emma, Sid, Teaque!!

Happy face :)
So many MWEs!!! - 7 in all
I had a blast playing Trixy for a change - and she picked up some new abilities that I got to utilize (Terminate and 2 Assassinates)
Semi-guilting Guandian into letting Trixy buy a magic item that is a one-a-day Magic Storm - which was pretty effective Sat night in the Elf fight.
Fimir (one-eyed yellow salamanders) and their "belly" shields.
Tim & Jen's Selanari wedding to celebrate their real life 25th Wedding Anniversary
Friday night creepy black widow spider fight
All the lovely new PCs and NPCs - thanks for finding us and joining the fun!

Sad face :(
Missing a MWE party Friday night by 15 minutes
Not finding any funky rocks - Oh look! three rock under this piece of gray wool! Oh wait, I guess this is the Celestial Circle (not too noticeable in the daylight), so NO I didn't find anything after all.

So many other things that were great fun, but these are just a few.

Looking forward to next month's Guest Plot event

Back