June Event

Jesse Grabowski

Squire
Marshal
Hey Folks!! We are about 2 weeks away, and the excitement has begun! With it, so have rumors of what the next event looks like.

We sent in a runner last event to let you know some info: Port Reliance was overrun but was retaken by two Rivervalian knights in nearby estates. Check the players guide if you care who.

It was never plot's intent to run any portion of the event IN PORT RELIANCE... EVER. Not sure where that started. Maybe it wasn't communicated thoroughly or clearly enough that the estate was retaken by the two knights, and that the rumors spread of how the mighty adventurers were going to go down there and whoop some A!!! Would it be a fun, cool event? Sure it would! However, that was never our plan. We did this as a vehicle to get you to Bayenna, where we have a lot of neato stuff planned for you!

So... the event will start at 9. We will allow you to enter site and put your OOG belongings in your bunk areas and/or set up your tents prior. At 9, instead of a soft layon or a hard one, you will be in 4 different boats, roughly 30 minutes away from landfall in Bayside, Bayenna. If you would like to start arranging which boat you're in for team purposes or whathaveyou, that's fine. If anyone comes late to the event, they will automatically be placed in boat #4. If they come AFTER boat #4 has arrived in port, then they caught a small merchant vessel and don't get to join in any reindeer games.

What this means: We are going to REP one boat only... and then let that boat have its encounters. So does it mean others might have to wait OOG until it's their turn, yep. In game, they are all happening at the same time.
Maybe this waiting looks something like a soft lay on time. Feel free to RP in the boat all you want until the fun begins for your boat's turn.

The duchess will be posting an IG version of this so you understand what it looks like IG.

Also, cars might be an issue here as parking is tight. PLEASE CAR POOL IF YOU CAN. Also, I am going to make a site visit this week at some point, but from what I recall, the paths to the cabins might be tight if all the cars go there at the same time. If you typically pack light and don't mind carrying your things in, please do.

I will update you here once I visit the site. Stay tuned!

Boat arrangements that were already set up are as follows. Notify me if there are changes needed.

1) "Salty Vixen" - Flagship with Bayenna, Scions, and a few random independents.
2) "Shadow's Watch" - Rivervale & Warchester
3) "Dawn Pride" - Tiatar
4) "Crimson Sunset" - Vigilant, Lamplight, Freemen, Indep

Thanks Jim for organizing all the boats for us. I'm super excited about boat plot (we even practiced boat battles at practice today!)

I can't answer any of the above questions, Jesse will need to do that, but I wanted to provide an additional note:

We are recommending that characters pack light, as they are traveling to Bayenna on ships with less room for extraneous stuff and decor, and they will be able to pack even less on their travels to Death's Islands in July.

However, we also understand that players like to decorate their dwellings (canvas-sided cabins or "tabins" in June/July) for atmosphere and immersion. If you want to decorate to make it feel more like the setting, a good cue to go on is "nautical". Bayside is a town on marshy shores, heavy on sailing and fishing and the like. Other than that, just try to keep in mind what your character could and would feasibly bring on a ship full of people on a temporary and war-oriented trip.

A few plotline related questions that came up due to the apparent miscommunication...more may get added later.
1) Why Bayenna? Last we heard Port Reliance was under attack, but no attack on Bayenna. Can we assume the missing detail was, "And then the attack moved across the river to Bayenna?"
2) Some characters were told IG to go ahead to prep ships at Bayenna (thus the 4 above) and take them to PR. Assuming that's an oopsy, are those players then assumed to have adjusted their actions to prep ships to sail back to Bayenna per #1 (ie, "We set sail from Bayenna, learn of new attack, turn around")? :)
3) As it apparently was public info that didn't get out, can we have the full rundown on what happened at PR and the aftereffects/fallout?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Well for #2:

We went to go prep ships either way. The ships and the characters were going to be back at Port Reliance to make a pickup. As far as I know, the main thrust of the attack against the dirty fish people would be made from Bayside once the pickup was made.

I heard only about #1 OOG, I never heard anything IG about why we were going to Bayside, so I'm hoping the Duchess's letter explains it.

Last edited:
Our deepest apologies for the confusion. It's pretty clear that what Plot intended to communicate and what was actually understood were two different things. Whether this was a miscommunication from Plot to the NPCs who relayed the information to PCs, or a miscommunication from NPCs to PCs, or simply a failure of Plot to follow up with IG documentation after the game so the entire player base could be made aware of the plans in a clear and coherent way to prevent the need for word-of-mouth which can distort information... It is still our responsibility to ensure that plot-critical information like this is conveyed and understood as best as possible.

This is definitely a learning experience for us. It's very unfortunate that our education had to come at the cost of player stress and confusion. Many people were mentally preparing for their characters to sail to Port Reliance, and the mental switch and character justification is a rough one; I definitely get that.

We're doing our best to rectify the situation and at the very least, we will strive to be better about follow-through with communication about plot-critical information in the future.

A few plotline related questions that came up due to the apparent miscommunication...more may get added later.
1) Why Bayenna? Last we heard Port Reliance was under attack, but no attack on Bayenna. Can we assume the missing detail was, "And then the attack moved across the river to Bayenna?"

Unfortunately this is one of the things that seems to not have been clearly communicated. Her Grace will be posting an IG justification later to accommodate the OOG directions and provide more information, but essentially it amounts to "Baron Sparhawk's information was that the center of the attacks was coming from somewhere near Bayside, I want the Ducal Courts to solve this problem once and for all."

Port Reliance will be taken back by the neighboring forces with assistance in cleanup from the Ducal Army. The PCs will be meeting in Port Reliance in order to better coordinate their landing and approach to Bayside.

2) Some characters were told IG to go ahead to prep ships at Bayenna (thus the 4 above) and take them to PR. Assuming that's an oopsy, are those players then assumed to have adjusted their actions to prep ships to sail back to Bayenna per #1 (ie, "We set sail from Bayenna, learn of new attack, turn around")? :)

That would work. I'd personally play it as "find out more specific directions as the fog of war lifts in the aftermath of the battle."

3) As it apparently was public info that didn't get out, can we have the full rundown on what happened at PR and the aftereffects/fallout?

I'll leave this one for Jesse.

I'm assuming this is a "after the on-site visit" sort of thing, but when you're there please scout for suitable tent locations. In the interest of packing light I could potentially grab my other, modern-looking tent and just pitch it somewhere out of the way. I'll need to leave early-ish anyway, and carrying an 80 lb canvas tent to the cars is a workout I'd prefer to avoid on a Sunday after game. If space is an issue I might also be able to just find off-site lodging.

Hey folks!
We had a GREAT walk through yesterday and I would like to thank Jack for taking pics and checking up on all of your needs food-wise. Just to reiterate what he said in the other post... the kitchen is small. The kitchen fridge is also very small. The good news is that in Larkspur, the closest player cabin ring to the tavern, there is a 7th building where ALL THE COOLERS CAN BE KEPT!! YAY!!! It's very accessible! Larkspur, Lyra, and Meekers have 6 cabins that hold 8 each. That's 48 x3!! This will do nicely as our summer camp overall! There are plenty of trails and fields as well. THX to Jim for arranging boating options! Thx to Trace for writing the clarifying post on the forums! Sorry for the confusion about the overall IN game things folks!
Some notes:
**NPC SLEEPING quarters will be Meekers Bluff 4, 5, and 6.
**NPC camp is building 6, homestead house.
**Tavern is building 5, the Lodge. BAD NEWS- This is the only place for PCs to do make up. There is a side room that I might wall up (the bathroom/sink area) methinks.
**Healers guild building will be a non descript dark building NORTH of building number 8 on map. building is not shown on the map., but it's there.
**CPAP needs- 4 people will get to stay OOG in building called the Pill Box number 8.
**Showers- Shower house is number 9!! and it has like 10 stalls!
**Parking: Try to car pool if you can. There is a lot as soon as you arrive. (Which, by the way, is a WAYS off of the main road. Look for little wooden "A" signs with an arrow. I will try to get those done as the way in is a bit confusing off the main road.) Logistics is RIGHT NEXT to the parking lot! YAY!! Park, check in, then go to unload your car. Please unload your car upon arrival and then go park it. Do not leave your car parked in front of your cabin ring while you decorate and get into costume. The roads are tight and are one car only so try to unload and get it parked ASAP to make room for others who arrive after you. Parking OVERFLOW- if needed-will be at the arena near Meekers.
**NO HILLS!!! Unless I take you up to one of the mod sites on Hummingbird Hill. lol

**What happened in game- Port Reliance was indeed retaken by two nearby knights (Sir Eryx Blaz from Ambervale and Dame Mallory Slaton from Twin Pines) and their forces from neighboring estates within Rivervale. Sir Sigmund Copperheart who died valiantly against the creatures successfully resurrected in a nearby (then) hostile circle. The baronial and ducal armies are present when you arrive, as are the baronial and ducal navies. People can either find their own way to Bayside, Bayenna, or hop into one of the four ships the duchess has provided to get you to Bayside, the center of the Sahaugin attacks.

**When you arrive in Bayside- OOG go and put all of your bedding, foodstuffs, and oog things where they need to be before layon. At 9pm- be ready to get on the boat near logistics in the field there. It will be repped. ALL of your IG things need to be on your person. I saw a question somewhere as to how long each boat "mod" will take and when each one begins. Kind of hard to say... they happen immediately when the previous one ends. So stay nearby. If you arrive early and want to RP on your boat off to the side, as I saw some funny FB posts, go ahead. BTw- which boat had the jacuzzi and bar on it? DIBS!! Once your boat "makes" it to the shore of Bayside, hold there until all boats are finished. In real time, this is happening simultaneously. From this point on... hard lay on!! You will understand why!

**If I forgot other important items, please ask here as others might have the same questions. I am super looking forward to this event!

Jesse

Attachments

• map of MMR.pdf
    84.7 KB · Views: 29
I'm assuming this is a "after the on-site visit" sort of thing, but when you're there please scout for suitable tent locations. In the interest of packing light I could potentially grab my other, modern-looking tent and just pitch it somewhere out of the way. I'll need to leave early-ish anyway, and carrying an 80 lb canvas tent to the cars is a workout I'd prefer to avoid on a Sunday after game. If space is an issue I might also be able to just find off-site lodging.
Tent locations are on the map... in between Larkspur and Lyra Tabins- just left of the road.

Can you please expand on:

"ALL of your IG things need to be on your person."

and the time frame? Are we looking at 2 hour mods here? Or 30 minute mods?

SIR Mallory Slatton told me he'll duel the next person who makes fun of his name!

Trace

Can you please expand on:

"ALL of your IG things need to be on your person."

and the time frame? Are we looking at 2 hour mods here? Or 30 minute mods?

***All of your IG things... all items that are considered in-game items as per ARB.
Time frame- depends on the success of the party- could be 15... could be 30?

SIR Mallory Slatton told me he'll duel the next person who makes fun of his name!

Trace
hahaha
I looked in the players guide and below it was a dame, and above it was a sir, next to Mallory, it was "Knight".... go figure... LOL

Jesse, could you confirm the line "BAD NEWS- This is the only place for PCs to do make up. There is a side room that I might wall up (the bathroom/sink area) methinks." ???

Does this mean we aren't allowed to do our makeup at the tabins?

Thanks,
Val

My instinctive guess is that Jesse means it's the only place with a mirror and water? Which would mean that if you brought your own mirror and water, you could do it in your tabin. But I will let Jesse clarify in case I am incorrect.

Back