June favorite moments and forms!

HalveElven

please share your favorite moments from the June event! lots happened!

IBGA's are allowed but remember that for those that are doing in game actoins that you only have one week in game. http://goo.gl/forms/sejh3S24S2UzrTat2

and here is the standard feedback form not related to the feedback form that the Lost March plot team will be sending out at a later date. http://goo.gl/forms/JRCvuDV36Nh6DP233

IBGA's are due in 2 weeks.

looking forward to the next game!

This is fewer favorite moments specifically since I don't feel comfy sharing a lot of IG private items on the forums, and more an overall event love letter:

* "Sister! You look like one of us, come here," said The Eld to Lola exactly 2 seconds after she was summoned into the setting. Some private words spoken by Doug's PNPC also within those first few minutes. ;)
* Friday night at Eld Camp: Not a single word was spoken out-of-character that I can recall -- such immersive and great roleplay from Team Eld! I really felt like I was getting introduced to an old group of close companions who were real people, who knew each other well, who had inside stories together -- and their own tales. No way did I get any impression that these were people just figuring out brand new characters -- great job putting everything together, Eld!
* COSTUMING! Like Jesse said at Closing Ceremonies, everyone really brought their A game on costuming! Some shout outs: Zesh: Loved how regimented and matchy-matchy you were. Mark, you looked like a textbook paladin/crusader! Jurin: You all looked so scholarly, and like there were even fashion trends within your own society. Hannah, in particular, had a series of simply gorgeous, highly detailed outfits. Cea: Wowee! When you had the mask down -- shout out to B because her work is always exquisite -- You looked so otherworldly and truly not human at all, just entrancing! Alex: You looked like a dark Jedi, very scholarly and mysterious! Eld: You were the mud-covered savages I hoped for and expected! I loved the rough, patchwork elements of all your outfits. Josh: Your eyes were so very disconcerting! I loved the effect of feathers below your eyes as well. Dia: I particularly thrilled to the subtle details of your costume with the elaborate network of braids, and the gold-traced scarification on Shekka's face. Jerilyn: You might be my new favorite dryad -- and there's some real competition there! Your whole head was this beautiful explosion of nature! Ian: Even knowing what you planned for warpaint, I was still surprised by the effect, and impressed with it - You hit the nail on the head! Sarr: I'm so sorry that I don't know anyone's real name here, but all of the sarr players went to town on their racials, and you all looked great!
* ROLEPLAY: Immersion was super thick this event. I loved getting to see so many players really show off their range as actors when we got to meet them as new characters. Juliet, Bobby, Hannah, Amy, Leora, Doug, Dia, Vincent (but there was zero chance his name would NOT appear on this list, talented as he is!), Casey/Puck, Siadak, Zach all really showed off something special. What I noticed, and particularly appreciated from each of you is how you changed your entire posture and body language from the characters I know already. If you'd been standing in jeans and a Metallica T-shirt, I could have easily seen immediately the difference between your character(s) this event and your Acarthian PC. Great job, you guys! You make me more cognizant of wanting to step up my own performance!
* Food. ZOMG. Laughing with Noah showing up for - I kid you not - sevensies at breakfast on Sunday morning cracked me up! Thanks a million to Izzy, as well as Ellie, Fodder, red haired server with the great sense of humor, and the other helpers whose names I sadly don't know, I'm so sorry for that! Food was delish -- I especially loved the extended meal hours, the availability of snacks in between (to cover lunch, especially!), and all the drink options -- chilled fruit water?? A-MAZING!! Thank you for all your hard work! (Izzy, please count me in for Wed/Thu night help before July; I'll be in touch.)
* Friday night: Interaction with Tayma (sp?), the hunchback monster face spirit dude. Who was that? Jesse? John Fawkes? I have no idea since the mask and kit and your body language was excellent. I thoroughly enjoyed the super creepy interaction in my own cabin, however brief that was. Great job, actor!
* Saturday night Dreaming Hour mega-battle: Loved the A-team last minute tactical setup in the tavern from the PCs! Great pace of battle, nice and safe OOG, statted and played just right by NPCs -- balls to the wall, but not so overwhelming as to threaten fun. Kudos, btw, to Siadak, Jenn, Jesse, Taylor, for fast responses for Marshal activity and other OOG clarifications. Thanks for keeping the pace going!
* Saturday night possibly quite late night Dreaming Hour #2: There was some mother ------- with some... I don't even know... whistle? What the hell was that?? Some kind of instrument that produced this unearthly, unholy wail... and the monster raked its claws or whatever on the outside our cabin in Larkspur. That woke me up out of a deep, drugged sleep, and scared the BEGEEZUS out of me! I LOVED IT! I really felt then like I was in this foreign, dangerous place where we're never really safe. It was a simple gesture, and I sure as **** did not open the cabin door to find out what was out there! It did so much to really establish the setting beautifully.
* Jeff as the stone elf from the Jurin, debating with Isis from the Eld, among others, in the tavern on Saturday afternoon. I really enjoyed that IG throw down and the chance to learn more of the dueling banjo philosophies of the legacies -- very well presented in that encounter!
* Offlanders: Won't go into details here, but I enjoyed all the private conversations among the various Offlanders, trying to compare notes, and find out what happens next. Great roleplay, lovely surprises (OOG) from your character reactions, and I'm really eager to team up again! (Juliet, please cancel sleep, or breathing, or whatever it is that you need to cut out in July to make time for Alliance, because my experience will certainly be diminished without you at that event!)
* Saturday night, middle of the night pondering: I always know the sign of my great enjoyment of the immersion and quality of game atmosphere when I wake up in-character in my thoughts! Woke up in the middle of the night wondering if other PCs were lying and planning a betrayal, and plotting out my to do list of investigation. Now we're talking immersion!
* Sunday afternoon's last battle, and Mandy's role -- Intrigue, choices, tactics, different physical structure from the traditional central field battle but we didn't lose that, either.

I want to encourage all my friends who missed this event to make plans to join us in July. Ray, Mike and all the Bayenna crew: Prepare to be nettled! You'll really enjoy the stuffing out of this setting, and you don't want to miss this!

Trace

Last edited:
This game was such a different experience for me since I finally got to play a fighter, and not only that, but adhere to a code of chivalry!!

Some of my biggest highlights have to be:

Going into the crypt with the Marquees, Watcher, and others, blowing through the first room and completely ignoring the clues that might be there, crawling our butts through the obstacle course (and everyone somehow managing to get the polearm through, this still blows my mind.) Only to reach a Warder Glyph of Vengeance that we didn't know the phrase to. Trying to guess it, eventually giving up as the dream hour was beginning and trying to charge through it repeatedly. Eventually (after going down several times) the Marquees uses an endow to throw my limp corpse through the glyph. Then we all go down crossing it, tell the MWE with us to charge forward through the trapped hallway (also maybe pushing him with a polearm), setting off numerous traps, getting to the end with a spirit, and having NO idea why we were there.

The zombie fight where I FINALLY understood what it means to be a frontline fighter and rotate in and out. Plus ALL the spellstrike disarms aimed at the polearm.

Fighting off the massive horde of nightmares along the balcony and getting dragged off by one, only to have Squire Noah majestically come to my rescue healing me multiple times and fighting off the creature trying to drag me away.

Terrok being panicked while I was relaxing on the grass, prisoning me and nearly getting a killing blow off (thanks Nathanial for the interrupt)

Being saved by Bathalazar (misspelling?) during the second dream hour of night two where he used his own prisons to save us from our minds as he put it when we were outmatched 3 to 6-8 with nightmares pounding us into the ground.

Asking the Eld what would happen if a Juren went into the lagoon, they responded "Well, I don't think anything would happen, and the Juren would deny they were wet."

Literally ALL of the roleplay where people couldn't understand what I was trying to say, that was the best.

AND FIGHTING!!! Guys, I got to fight!!!

Last edited:
A huge thank you to plot for giving me the opportunity to play the Oneiromancer. The atmosphere you guys managed to create made this event so drastically different from a regular event, you did a fantastic job at doing your own thing and it paid off. Thank you to all of my Eld brothers and sisters, the culture and individualism you guys have been building over the last few months made the event perfect for me. Some favorite moments!
  • Juren interactions, I don't need to say much because none of you are worth saying much to. (I love you all)
  • "Doug we need you to play an NPC, it'll just be a bunch of fighting so you won't need to talk much" followed by talking with the Juren for a good half hour. Glad I was worth 3 charms (and an unfortunate web).
  • Innkeeper of Chaos. "This is okay right? You guys are Eld!" and my now favorite "Is it okay to cast chaos if they cook our food?"
  • 12 AM Saturday, a close shave solved by a very close shave of a friend. If not them then us.
  • Grunt. Your roleplaying blows me away, seriously. I have never been so excited and so frustrated to talk to someone.
  • "Maybe we should listen to the Nightmares?" BY MY VOICE MAGIC BERSERK. "Oh." Sorry everyone!
  • Second dreaming hour in one night, never again.
  • "Oneiromancer.. Can we talk alone for a moment?" Please take a ticket and enjoy the Is Your Significant Other an Eldritch Horror Bent on Destruction? Pamphlets.
  • Mike Paxton. The answer to 'how late can we keep the Eld awake?' is too late. Much much much too late.
There's so many more, thank you to the Off Islanders, it was amazing to see how you reacted to us. I am so glad I can be apart of this community, you are all so incredibly creative and it never ceases to surprise me.

Where do I begin?

• First I want to give props to Dia for helping me out by designing Terokk's Biata makeup. It looked fantastic and I got so many compliments on how creepy it looked throughout the course of the weekend.
  • A big thanks to all my fellow cultists for all the work they put into their characters, eld sigils, culture, etc. that truly helped me get into character right away and added great atmosphere.
  • As others have said the immersion this weekend was great. So impressed by how well people did with playing new characters who were so different from their mains, from the costuming, the role play, and how much people embraced their legacies it was awesome.
  • Speaking of new characters, I had so much fun playing Terokk, who is such a far departure from Thorgrim. I went into a game of eldritch horror as a mind reading cultist, what could go wrong? 7 psychoses later, 1 resurrection, and 1 trip into the lagoon later, OOP I enjoyed all of the well deserved ******* over that I got. The plot team did a good job though of rewarding me with info while also punishing me for it, exactly what I wanted.
  • Terokk's sacrifice after the undead wave battle when we suddenly realized midnight was upon us. I was literally in a state of panic and the line between IP and OOP was completely blurred. I was Terokk. I can't say a lot about how everything went down there or the fallout due to the IP nature of the information, but suffice it to say it was incredible.
  • Heading back to NPC camp about an hour after my first resurrection for a second one, and the look on everyone's faces "seriously again?!" The interaction from that event, Will's descriptions, and the things I learned. Incredible! Wish I could say more.
  • All of the Juren for making it so easy to hate you :)
  • Dagger fighting on the front lines! Most of the weekend I had a psychosis that compelled me to be up where the action was, so here I was an earth scholar sandwiched between the shields with a dagger, but I still felt I held my own again some very good NPC fighters, and I think my overall combat skills improved from it. By the last fight that psychosis was gone, but I ended up on the front line anyway because we were so overwhelmed.
  • Fights in general were good this weekend. They were dangerous and difficult. I honestly thought we were going to lose the last battle when that final wave showed up.
  • Food at the tavern was just awesome.
  • Plot team put so much hard work into this weekend and it showed. NPC's as well were great, and you could tell how much they enjoyed playing their roles. I spent a lot of time role playing with a lot of you reading your minds and sacrificing you, and every NPC I interacted with was well informed and prepared to answer questions and their characters had personality and history, even when it was a seemingly throw away crunchy.
There's a ton of stuff I am either forgetting or can't include for various IP reasons, but suffice it to say, had a great time.

So much stuffffffff...
  • I now want to thank all the terrible enablers who answered my "I should not play a stone elf right?" with "You should totally play a stone elf." I'm now not sure why I thought it was a good idea for this character not to be a stone elf.
  • In addition to any other thing, I was pretty much continually entertained by the task of atmospherically stone elfing. I can see why people say it's the most challenging race to play -- particularly, you don't get to be casually out of game without the wheels coming off -- but it's also really rewarding in a long-term low-level quasi-meditative way. "Oh, under these circumstances the desire arises to smile at this person -- under those, I feel compelled towards hilarity" sorts of thing.
  • Not that Riggs doesn't have some interesting depths to him sometimes, but he's a very "daylight" sort of character -- I like running around and throwing packets at things until they are on the ground and playing music and parallel-play-flavored social and quite a lot of the genre of "fiddly things to be done with hands", and I have an unaligned rogue-archer who acts as a vehicle for the delivery of that while being pretty much happy and emotionally secure and thinking that everything, possibly being annihilated by the manifestation of necromancy included, is a really neat and fun experience. Maki, it turns out, is something akin to his shadow -- a heavily team-aligned healer (!) who paints everything, creatures walking about with the faces of squid especially included, in shades of indifference.
  • Regards that healer thing, my first battle I headed outside and saw the usual situation of monsters coming down the road and the usual gears of analysis started up to process how their line was going to interact with our line and how I was going to work around the flank and *GEAR GRINDING CRUNCH* not only do I have nothing, zero things, an absence of thing that is in any way effective for the way my combat analysis machine wants to operate in this situation, but the things I do have require an entirely different form of analysis that lies essentially directly in the space that I usually ignore. (Again with the shadow business.) Oh yeah, and I'm also still supposed to be dispassionate and unhurried and definitely not displaying signs of stress. I might confess that at this point I started shaking...
  • I felt like my experience was full of a lot of Juren intrigue and goals and stuff while simultaneously seeing little bits about how other people were doing something entirely else. TEH FLAVORS.
  • On that note, I was a bit surprised later to think of certain things as "the thus-and-such mod" because I was thinking of them at the time as "the thus-and-such task that we need to plan and get done".
  • I'm not sure who the spaghetti-faced thing was who stuck their face in my face on Friday but that was a delightful inconsequential bit of nothing to pay no mind to.
  • The first Dreaming Hour on Saturday was, like, maximum badass time. "Now that we're done with having our meeting in the middle of a field fight, what shall I do? I think I'll go over there and walk straight through the line and have them part before me." It harmonized beautifully with the "indifferent high status" that I was already playing.
  • That final battle. I came into that with quite a lot of my spells, disposed of those that could be employed offensively (sometimes even to some effect!), ran through all my healing, lost my magic armor, and was going to go behind the lines to do pick-ups with potions. Except that for some reason folks were wanting me to fill holes in the line. Clearly some mistake had been made because HELLO scholar with a dagger and... well, actually the left side is completely ragged and... where are the fighters? Oh. Back there, on their knees. And where is the enemy? Oh. Running through the line on the left into the lagoon in order to kill us all. Right then. So here's me going up against polearm and sword and board fighters with my dagger and my one packet that is definitely something much more threatening than a spell shield and... here's me chasing down runners through the shrubby rocky woods in a robe like a dog chasing the mail truck and much like a dog it is unclear what I will do if I catch it. And this is actually the superior tactical choice and one in which I was not only collectively effective but I think I actually killed things.
I already want to see more of this stuff than just the July event somehow...

I dunno if I'm even allowed to post on here, not being a PC, but I had some definitive favorite bits. So I wanted to share:
  • The moment Eld sigils appeared: I knew this was going to be something else.
  • Getting to see Taylor's enthusiasm, creativity, and intelligence up close.
  • Working with Mark with the "thing" in his head. One of my favorite plotlines.
  • Sir Kevan mod: Watching the armies of the Zesh come up over the hill with anger in their eyes.
  • Running the Champion Vaults. There was so much entertainment to be had there. And my NPC cohort just had me laughing and laughing: they are terrible people.
  • "I couldn't hate you more if you'd fed me my dogs".
  • Trying to get Grunt into the Lagoon. It missed, but the "Disarm: Grunt" packet was awesome, as was Noah diving in to save the day and Nightmares be damned.
  • Gillian: "I'm kind of a big deal".
  • F(&king Goblins. That might just be more Taylor, though.
  • Food. My god, the food. It was always exactly what I wanted it to be, like it was coming into existance as I wished for it. Ghost pepper sauce. Izzy loves me.
If I think of any more, I'll be sure to add them.

Last edited:
I'll start this by saying that, for various reasons, I initially wasn't on board with playing in the alt campaign (as Native or Acarthian).
It could very easily have gone sideways into the realm of goofy to terrible if the players didn't take it seriously, or the NPCs didn't invest themselves in their roles, or the plot team didn't put such care into their creation, and if some or all just treated this as a couple months of throwaway shenanigans while waiting for August.

I had a blast, and am very happy with my choice to play a native.

Now, in no particular order and with the typical disclaimer that I'm sure to be forgetting things:
-Getting to RP with a whole different collection of folk that I normally don't interact with in Acarthia
-Each group's costuming, RP, etc choices that made each individual feel unique but still part of their Legacy
-The Rites, and giving the Legacies control over the RP execution aspects of each
-The Acarthians who could have come up with a reason to hop into one of the Legacies with their OOG friends once rifting in but instead chose to RP the fear, mistrust, etc of all these crazy strangers, even though it isolated them. It may make sense for the character, but it can still be a tough for the player
-Learning the life of front line sword and board. Never have I been targeted by so many packets in one weekend, and it didn't feel like a packet-heavy weekend
-The difference between two brain scans, one from a Juren Stone Elf and the other an Eld Biata. Interesting differences in technique and responses to what they found
-Conversations with Grunt; ones I was involved in and ones I observed
-Rish pushing onward again and again even after we broke him
- The boundless energy and enthusiasm of Bao
- The leadership of Sir Malcolm without dominating decisions or anything
-That collective scream that announced the start of the Dreaming Hour
-That creepy hunchback thing walking around during Friday night Dreaming Hour
-Sir Kevan (yeah, that f'ing guy)
-Vault of Champions, even if we got to the end and realized we hadn't really been told *why* we were there by the powers that sent us
-Tavern defense town fight
-Endless undead murdering line fight
-Getting a solid nap behind enemy lines during the last fight Sunday
-Being berserked while unconscious, then being revived without having a status check done past 'dieing'
Helpful person: "I feed you a potion 1, [...] 2, [...] 3. Cure light wounds"
Me: "...do you consent to physical roleplay? yes? RRRAAAAAHHHHH!!!" grab-shake-flail around
I think that got a few people's attention when that happened behind the player lines
-Midday watermelon Saturday and at closing ceremonies Sunday

"What would happen if a Juren walked into the lagoon?"
"Well, they'd step in, say that nothing was happening, then promptly deny they were wet."

Last edited:
Back